JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just another great reason to stay out of the Peoples Republik of Portlandia.
We should just build a 20 foot high fence around this place and ask for passports to leave and reenter our communities.
No worries though. I think this moronic behavior will subside due to the lack of propigation from the residents. No reproductive activity from the same sex crowd will eventually corrode the population of Portland to the point of non revelence.:s0155:

Just another great reason to stay out of the Peoples Republik of Portlandia.
We should just build a 20 foot high fence around this place and ask for passports to leave and reenter our communities.
No worries though. I think this moronic behavior will subside due to the lack of propigation from the residents. No reproductive activity from the same sex crowd will eventually corrode the population of Portland to the point of non revelence.:s0155:

Good point, makes me feel like we have a little hope :s0155:

Sooner or later you guys will have to figure out you support businesses by spending your money at them. If you don't agree with their lifestyle then don't spend your money to support it. People just ain't smart enough to quit hurting themselves. Look what buying from wallmart has done to us.

jj

If I had been in that situation, I would have just stood up, explained that if the officer wan't welcome then neither was I. Then I would walk out without paying and if they said anything I would just reply "So, call a cop."

Shouldn't a private business owner have the right to exclude whom he wants from his business on purely political grounds? Or to exercise his constitutional right to express his view that a police officer isn't welcome?

The Red and Black is a long-standing, well-known anarchist/hard left hangout. You don't have to go there, and if you do, why? Just to harass people? Cause trouble?

The owner of the Red and Black was certainly within his legal rights to refuse service to the officer.

Perhaps a better choice....might have been for him to sit down and have a conversation with that officer over a cup of coffee, instead of rudely kicking him out.

A common complaint of the progressive/liberal/anarchist Portland crowd...is that the police "stereotype" them and "profile" them and "discriminate" against them. There may be validity to some of those complaints...but by refusing service to a fellow human being who happens to be a cop, all that the owner accomplished was to reinforce the very "cops versus us" attitude that he blames the police for.

Its too bad that, instead of taking advantage of an opportunity to be a part of the solution, the manager instead chose to simply help perpetuate the problem.

I also asked him whom he would call if someone came in to rob his store and he said he would call his friends in a community and that is when I knew we were getting nowhere.

That is tragicomic.
Help is just a phone call away. :s0114:
Most times that doesn't work so well when calling 911.

But they are some courageous people, standing tall and proud in their black masks.
I wonder how brave they would be in the company of 2 bangers?

I can remember when coffee shops used to give free coffee and donuts to cops to encourage them to hang around. It was a cheap way to have security around. Cops had to stop accepting that for "ethical" reasons. Some thought that the cops would then give favors back such as ignoring parking violations, etc.

How times have changed.

Eh, as many times as I've had problems with Portland PD, I wouldn't feel comfortable being around one either. I think it would be nice to be in a place in which the police were unwelcome.

At the same time, I dislike smelly hippies, so I guess this isn't the place for me :/

Sooo--- Let me see-- No cops when it is convienent, but call the cops when murder, rape, robbery, theft, graft, corruption, burglary, etc., happen.
If you have had bad experiences with the police, maybe you should rethink your life choices.
Most cops are good guys, however, consider this. They daily are in contact with the lowest common denominator in society and their actions are predicated by this. Mistrust of everyone you meet on the job is a pitfall of human character when nearly everyone you encounter will try to lie their way out of your envolvement with them. (again, human nature?). I was taught, "be professional, polite, courteous, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet because you might be their next victim.:s0155: Remember, "keep your hands where I can see them, don't move till I tell you to. Are you carrying any weapons I need to know about." Most of this will keep you from being shot when you see PPB officers up close and personal.
Greydog.

Last Edited:
I live in the suburbs where police are very much respected in the community.

Then stay in the suburbs, lady.....

I don't tell people how to live, you shouldn't bring your values to my place.

again, for emphasis, i don't live in your community, and what your community values is "none" of my interest.

Where i live, and what happens in my community is of my interest, and i don't know why people living outside of my community feel the need to comment and condemn.

Personally, don't like the red and black myself, and whoever is speaking to the media for them is an idiot, imho.

Maybe they should be saying something like "When the training for the portland police changes, so they are not shooting unarmed men in the back.... When officers with too many questionable uses of force are actually held accountable......"

and once more......

If you don't live in Portland, I could give a damn what you think.

I don't show up in your places, tell you how to live, what to think.

That's the funniest thing I have heard all week.

I wonder if they would do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElJFYwRtrH4

HAHAHAHA!! No freaking way....

"I saw clear cutting and burned down forests... but I didn't cry... but I should.... AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!"

These are who the police have to deal with every day in Portland.... They should all be awarded medals of honor.

That is tragicomic.
Most times that doesn't work so well when calling 911.

dial 911 and then call dominos pizza, by the time the cops get there....your stuffed:s0112:

dial 911 and tell them you have gun and your going to clear the building yourself. you will have four units show up in under two minutes. dont ask me how i know. :D

There are some pretty strong words here, but I'd like to say that I don't trust the Portland police either.

I do trust our local State Police, and the Medford Police, but I don't trust the nearby Central Point police or the nearby Phoenix police. I sure don't trust the Phoenix kangaroo court although they tried and failed to bite me on a bogus traffic citation. I won going away, but I had to have it remanded to Circuit Court and that costs money. If I couldn't have afforded the legal fees, I would have been fined $400 for the Phoenix tax coffers, and have had the citation on my record.

I think it's OK to support police in general, and to appreciate their service, and still to not be blind that some departments are rotten to the core from the top down.

$.02

Sooo--- Let me see-- No cops when it is convienent, but call the cops when murder, rape, robbery, theft, graft, corruption, burglary, etc., happen.
If you have had bad experiences with the police, maybe you should rethink your life choices.

Your presumptions make you look foolish. I have a perfectly clean record, and am an upstanding member of the community. My "life choices" have nothing to do with my problems with the Portland police department. I have 3 VERY negative run-ins with Portland PD that makes me not want to be within miles of them.

My experiences mixed with the recent press paints them poorly. If they are going to treat every one of us like dirty criminals in need of a good beat-down, then I'm going to treat every one of them like an abusive A-hole that I wouldn't pee on if he was on fire.

1- I was kicked, punched, tackled, cuffed, tossed in a cop car, and held for 4 hours on the side of the road in December because I was LEGALLY concealed carrying. I did nothing illegal and they refused to take me in or release me until my friend had my lawyer show up.

2- A good friend of mine was raped by a stranger in her apartment and when she reported it, was accused of a: 'asking for it', b: 'lying about it', c: 'being a whore who deserved it'. They then refused to look into it, and it took a lawyer's involvement to get them to file a police report and file the semen from the crime scene.

3- A good friend of mine was pulled over in his 1 hr old car (I rode with him on the train to pick it up, a factory new BMW) for 'driving suspiciously' (AKA driving a nice car while being black). We were both cuffed and forced to sit on the side of the road. When he refused the search of his car, they brought in a K9 unit who 'indicated' when the officer yanked on its leash. They then proceeded to destroy the interior of his car by breaking off interior panels looking for drugs.

Tell me, which of my life choices resulted in these things happening? Trying to keep myself safe? Or was it having an african american friend? Tell me that.

Your presumptions make you look foolish. I have a perfectly clean record, and am an upstanding member of the community. My "life choices" have nothing to do with my problems with the Portland police department. I have 3 VERY negative run-ins with Portland PD that makes me not want to be within miles of them.

My experiences mixed with the recent press paints them poorly. If they are going to treat every one of us like dirty criminals in need of a good beat-down, then I'm going to treat every one of them like an abusive A-hole that I wouldn't pee on if he was on fire.

1- I was kicked, punched, tackled, cuffed, tossed in a cop car, and held for 4 hours on the side of the road in December because I was LEGALLY concealed carrying. I did nothing illegal and they refused to take me in or release me until my friend had my lawyer show up.

2- A good friend of mine was raped by a stranger in her apartment and when she reported it, was accused of a: 'asking for it', b: 'lying about it', c: 'being a whore who deserved it'. They then refused to look into it, and it took a lawyer's involvement to get them to file a police report and file the semen from the crime scene.

3- A good friend of mine was pulled over in his 1 hr old car (I rode with him on the train to pick it up, a factory new BMW) for 'driving suspiciously' (AKA driving a nice car while being black). We were both cuffed and forced to sit on the side of the road. When he refused the search of his car, they brought in a K9 unit who 'indicated' when the officer yanked on its leash. They then proceeded to destroy the interior of his car by breaking off interior panels looking for drugs.

Tell me, which of my life choices resulted in these things happening? Trying to keep myself safe? Or was it having an african american friend? Tell me that.
turd How is it that 10 of your 25 posts are about crappy cop encounters? Find a new pony to ride down to the Red and Black.

Funny how the Red (for commie) and Black (for anarchist) are doing a business like any other capitalist:s0112::s0112: First thing about libs is they lie to themselves to make it all work out:s0112::s0112:

jj

This works for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwxYn4BhoQ

I have had more than a few encounters with the police.
Long hair, tattoo's and have never been lumped up or hassled.
I work swing shift and get pulled over at least once a month going home.

I have had them draw down on me and everyone went home happy.
I have found that keeping a civil tongue in your head will go a long way when dealing with the police.
That and not being stupid.

This works for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwxYn4BhoQ

I have had more than a few encounters with the police.
Long hair, tattoo's and have never been lumped up or hassled.
I work swing shift and get pulled over at least once a month going home.

I have had them draw down on me and everyone went home happy.
I have found that keeping a civil tongue in your head will go a long way when dealing with the police.
That and not being stupid.
Thank you powermad. Finally reason and rational thought has come out.
Been stopped myself for speeding out of town. No badges shown or that sort. Just a CCH permit shown and Marine Corps sticker on the back. Officer ran the plate, said " sir slow down a little and have a nice day." Respect, obey commands, and do the right thing. It'll all work out unless your bad attidude comes out at the wrong time. Greydog.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top