JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you powermad. Finally reason and rational thought has come out.
Been stopped myself for speeding out of town. No badges shown or that sort. Just a CCH permit shown and Marine Corps sticker on the back. Officer ran the plate, said " sir slow down a little and have a nice day." Respect, obey commands, and do the right thing. It'll all work out unless your bad attidude comes out at the wrong time. Greydog.

Your implication being that those who have had negative experience with police deserve it? I'll note that every time I've gone to court after getting a speeding ticket (all of which the officer was extremely professional and nice) the officer has commented how polite and professional I was.

I hate that a police officer can pick one someone who is different or in their mind 'suspicious' just because they are having a bad day.

When they are held up next time maybe they should call a hippie. Give attitude , get attitude , Cops have a tough job at best , and someone is always going to second guess their actions , regardless of how it is handled . The police are always welcome in my business , and I've never had a moments problem with any of them .

Your implication being that those who have had negative experience with police deserve it? ...
I hate that a police officer can pick one someone who is different or in their mind 'suspicious' just because they are having a bad day.

:s0155: Six months ago, I wound up with $1,000 in medical bills, a night in jail, and multiple appearances in court because an officer didn't like the way I talked to him. Quite a few of the folks who hang out at the Red & Black have suffered much worse, and without the resources I have to fight back. Plenty of others are intimidated by cops simply because of what their friends say or what they see on tv.

The owner was well within his rights to ask the officer to leave his property, just as anybody else is... but I was just as pissed off as the rest of you by his actions: almost nobody in the "activist" community, the vast majority of which is genuinely peaceful, are completely unable to sit down and have a conversation with people they dislike or consider their enemies. I saw this happen over and over again when I was younger. I hated it then, and I hate it now. If people want to sit around and sing "Kumbaya," they ought to mean it.

These jackasses won't understand that idea no matter how many times you try to explain it to them. Believe me, I've tried. This whole story just makes me sad.

Your implication being that those who have had negative experience with police deserve it? I'll note that every time I've gone to court after getting a speeding ticket (all of which the officer was extremely professional and nice) the officer has commented how polite and professional I was.

What do you consider negative experience? Arrest, ticket, detainment for warrant check, cuffed because you backtalked the officer, or just a hard look for your response to his questioning. I have found that the process of maturing as an adult usually removes you from close contact with the po po. Some folks seem to never mature to that point. Tickets for speeding, running lights or disrtacted driving are a symptom of 1. lack of concern for others, 2. lack of self control, 3. distain for authority. There may be others, however, one must assess how they fit into these catagorys. If you get a ticket, arrested, or detained for cause, then yes, you deserve it. Take your lumps and get on with your pathetic life. Mature, and be an adult!
Greydog.

. If you get a ticket, arrested, or detained for cause, then yes, you deserve it. Take your lumps and get on with your pathetic life. Mature, and be an adult!
Greydog.

For cause, or for legal cause? There's a big difference, and it's one the police routinely disregard. If you aren't able to acknowledge this, you have your head in the sand - or perhaps somewhere else.

If you get a ticket, arrested, or detained for cause, then yes, you deserve it. Take your lumps and get on with your pathetic life. Mature, and be an adult!
Greydog.

So you're guilty until proven innocent, even on a traffic ticket? I have news for you. I've been found not guilty on more than one traffic ticket. Some towns try to make a living by writing tickets and they have their own municipal kangaroo courts. If you want to fight it, you have to have it remanded to circuit court, get a lawyer, and spend more than it would have cost to pay the ticket. I've done that and won.

Why does anyone here care about the policies of a little left-wing cafe in southeast Portland? If you're not feeling insecure such that all...dissent...must...be...crushed, just let 'em be. The reaction to this non-story is more troubling than the non-story itself.

So you're guilty until proven innocent, even on a traffic ticket? I have news for you. I've been found not guilty on more than one traffic ticket. Some towns try to make a living by writing tickets and they have their own municipal kangaroo courts. If you want to fight it, you have to have it remanded to circuit court, get a lawyer, and spend more than it would have cost to pay the ticket. I've done that and won.

Gee, what a bad boy battling dissenting revolutionary you are. Fightin' the MAN on those traffic tickets. Hard core. I'm awed. I once cast a nasty glance at a Secret Service agent guarding the Vice President. Man, did I feel empowered! Showed them!!

:s0155: Six months ago, I wound up with $1,000 in medical bills, a night in jail, and multiple appearances in court because an officer didn't like the way I talked to him. Quite a few of the folks who hang out at the Red & Black have suffered much worse, and without the resources I have to fight back. Plenty of others are intimidated by cops simply because of what their friends say or what they see on tv.

The owner was well within his rights to ask the officer to leave his property, just as anybody else is... but I was just as pissed off as the rest of you by his actions: almost nobody in the "activist" community, the vast majority of which is genuinely peaceful, are completely unable to sit down and have a conversation with people they dislike or consider their enemies. I saw this happen over and over again when I was younger. I hated it then, and I hate it now. If people want to sit around and sing "Kumbaya," they ought to mean it.

These jackasses won't understand that idea no matter how many times you try to explain it to them. Believe me, I've tried. This whole story just makes me sad.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: I bet there is alot to this we will never hear.

jj

What do you consider negative experience? Arrest, ticket, detainment for warrant check, cuffed because you backtalked the officer, or just a hard look for your response to his questioning. I have found that the process of maturing as an adult usually removes you from close contact with the po po. Some folks seem to never mature to that point. Tickets for speeding, running lights or disrtacted driving are a symptom of 1. lack of concern for others, 2. lack of self control, 3. distain for authority. There may be others, however, one must assess how they fit into these catagorys. If you get a ticket, arrested, or detained for cause, then yes, you deserve it. Take your lumps and get on with your pathetic life. Mature, and be an adult!
Greydog.

I believe I posted my negative experiences. My tickets aren't a problem, I thought that Hillsboro PD and Washington Cty Sheriffs acted very professionally.

You seem DETERMINED to blame this on me, I don't backtalk to officers. I was nothing but polite in my encounters. You'll notice in one of the negative encounters, they harassed a rape victim to tears. In another, they destroyed my friend's BRAND NEW car because he was black and driving a nice car.

Sure, I get speeding tickets, and I take my lumps, I don't associate these with negative situations with police. My negative experiences are entirely the fault of the Portland PD.

Your obvious boot-licking must make your tongue sore, I hope you can get a cream for that.

"Detained for cause" means the police have a legal reason to "detain your pathetic butt" What part of that do you not understand? It seems that some of the folks think all cops are "jack booted thugs" and have no use in society. Go stand on the corner of Burnside and 22nd sometime about 3:00 am and watch the parade of loonies. Then ask yourself if you could stop 3 or 4 of them when they decide to relieve you of all your possesions and possibly some blood. Try working six ten hour shifts protecting a pathetic clown like yourself from these preditors and still getting negative press despite the great job you have done. Burn baby burn. The motto of the Red/Black anacharcy loonies.
It is not the police's job to decide the legal outcome of an arrest if they do their job correctly. that is left up to the D.A. and the defense attorneys. Sure, some folks are arrested for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but, it is a small number. Cops don't like this anymore than you do. Makes them look bad in their peer's eyes. Nothing better than a rightous bust!.
Greydog.

One of my nephews is allways in trouble, and it's never his fault :s0112::s0112::s0112: I suspect that he is so self centered he thinks the world turns around him. It has cost him and his mom a fortune and has caused him to move so many times he put wheels on his furniture.:D It's allways someone elses fault :s0112::s0112:

36 years old and so deep in debt he will never see daylight and it's somebody elses fault.

I guess when the resturaunt owner needs police help and it comes too slow for him then it won't be his fault either.:D

jj

Like I said. It happens some times. The problem is this. When a cop has a bad day, usually a civilian has a bad day also. Very regrettable, mostly avoidable, often expensive, and not largely common.
All you other naysayers, "blame George Bush!". Dog.

You already heard most of it:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23812

One of the best civil rights lawyers in town thinks the department's behavior was egregious enough that she didn't even think for a second before deciding to represent me in a lawsuit for false arrest, battery, ets. against the city and police department.

Very first part of your thread says you have had trouble with the police for 15 years. If you can't learn in 15 years I doubt you ever will. Fortunately for you the court won't look at your past behavior in your civil suit. Realize too that everyone here has to pay the court cost ect if you win. It's our money.

No sense in giving the cops side in your story either.:D Sure you were pure as the driven snow.

jj

Very first part of your thread says you have had trouble with the police for 15 years. If you can't learn in 15 years I doubt you ever will. Fortunately for you the court won't look at your past behavior in your civil suit. Realize too that everyone here has to pay the court cost ect if you win. It's our money.

No sense in giving the cops side in your story either.:D Sure you were pure as the driven snow.

jj

I wasn't the biggest fan of the police, but up until this incident I never had any trouble with the law more serious than a parking ticket - not even a traffic violation. My description of what happened is honest and accurate, and the cops lied in their police reports. That, along with the ten reliable clean-cut witnesses who saw the whole thing, is what got me acquitted, and why the city will likely settle with me to avoid a trial.

I would have thought that somebody as wise and experienced as you seem to think you are would have enough honor and self-respect not to call somebody a liar without any information to back it up. I won't make that mistake in the future.

Why does anyone here care about the policies of a little left-wing cafe in southeast Portland? If you're not feeling insecure such that all...dissent...must...be...crushed, just let 'em be. The reaction to this non-story is more troubling than the non-story itself.

I certainly don't care what their politics are as I know a secret! This is typical teen angst behavior, all these people will have abandoned it within the next 5 to 10 years. Some will become successful capitalists under the guise of some phony "save the whales" cause, some will be imprisoned, some will be the same only their friends will have abandoned them as they've moved on, the women will all most certainly be single welfare mothers as wide as they are tall. This story has played out for 100s of years, only the names change. :s0114:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the police, but up until this incident I never had any trouble with the law more serious than a parking ticket - not even a traffic violation. My description of what happened is honest and accurate, and the cops lied in their police reports. That, along with the ten reliable clean-cut witnesses who saw the whole thing, is what got me acquitted, and why the city will likely settle with me to avoid a trial.

I would have thought that somebody as wise and experienced as you seem to think you are would have enough honor and self-respect not to call somebody a liar without any information to back it up. I won't make that mistake in the future.
Hmmm--- Student from Eugene? Bad cop experience. Oops, did I profile. Sorry, my bad. Must be wearing my azz hat today.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top