JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shouldn't a private business owner have the right to exclude whom he wants from his business on purely political grounds? Or to exercise his constitutional right to express his view that a police officer isn't welcome?

The Red and Black is a long-standing, well-known anarchist/hard left hangout. You don't have to go there, and if you do, why? Just to harass people? Cause trouble?

Good point, it isn't like Portland has a shortage of coffee places, heck at one time starbucks wanted to open a fanchise right in my kitchen!

I wasn't the biggest fan of the police, but up until this incident I never had any trouble with the law more serious than a parking ticket - not even a traffic violation. My description of what happened is honest and accurate, and the cops lied in their police reports. That, along with the ten reliable clean-cut witnesses who saw the whole thing, is what got me acquitted, and why the city will likely settle with me to avoid a trial.

I would have thought that somebody as wise and experienced as you seem to think you are would have enough honor and self-respect not to call somebody a liar without any information to back it up. I won't make that mistake in the future.

Nobody will ever hear the entire story as the other side isn't here. I have no idea if you are a liar and basicly since I have nothing to do with you in daily life I am un-concerned about your habits. You will reap what you sow.

I have seen it for 58 years that people make their own bed and complain to others about how they sleep. Honor is in the eye of the beholder, if you have it you recognize it. Make sure yours is up to snuff before you challenge someone elses.

Never tell people your trouble, 50% don't care and the other 50% think you deserve it. This conversation has ended.

jj

Like I said. It happens some times. The problem is this. When a cop has a bad day, usually a civilian has a bad day also. Very regrettable, mostly avoidable, often expensive, and not largely common.
All you other naysayers, "blame George Bush!". Dog.

Portland PD seems to have an inordinate amount of "Bad Days".

Portland PD seems to have an inordinate amount of "Bad Days".
Trot your pathetic butt down to L.A. for a few weeks and hang out in the wrong part of town. See what kind of "Bad day" you can attract. Portland P.B. can't do anything right in the eyes of the "Blame Bush" crowd. Do you shoot a b.g. when he has a knife, gun,club, rock, nunchukka, broken bottle? Just taze him bro! Can't you shoot the gun out of his hand, shoot to wound? Talk him out of his drug crazed insane minded desire to kill himself and others! The amount of lethal incidents here are in proportion to the amount of crazys on the street that should be criminally hospitalized or imprisoned. The lax legal system of Oregon casts these dregs back on the population because they lack the will or compassion to do the right thing.
The most often quote we hear when some dirtbag gets vetilated is " he was just turning his life around" when he decided to shoot at the cops and neighbors.
When will the inner city Portlanders get a clue. Bad decisions predicate bad behavior and attract bad outcomes.
Greydog. By the way, I'm done with this futile attempt to try and educate the over educated academic bleeders on this forum for now!.

Trot your pathetic butt down to L.A. for a few weeks and hang out in the wrong part of town. See what kind of "Bad day" you can attract. Portland P.B. can't do anything right in the eyes of the "Blame Bush" crowd. Do you shoot a b.g. when he has a knife, gun,club, rock, nunchukka, broken bottle? Just taze him bro! Can't you shoot the gun out of his hand, shoot to wound? Talk him out of his drug crazed insane minded desire to kill himself and others! The amount of lethal incidents here are in proportion to the amount of crazys on the street that should be criminally hospitalized or imprisoned. The lax legal system of Oregon casts these dregs back on the population because they lack the will or compassion to do the right thing.
The most often quote we hear when some dirtbag gets vetilated is " he was just turning his life around" when he decided to shoot at the cops and neighbors.
When will the inner city Portlanders get a clue. Bad decisions predicate bad behavior and attract bad outcomes.
Greydog. By the way, I'm done with this futile attempt to try and educate the over educated academic bleeders on this forum for now!.

You are doing some NASTY projection right there. I don't know why you would think this forum has any 'blame Bush' crowd in it, but you seem to be mistaken. I have no problem with normal escalation and self defense, any reasonably justifiable defense case I usually come down pro-shooter.

I have personal experiences with the Portland PD being abusive, as well as seen pretty big abuses on video (there was a video here at one time of a Portland police officer tasing someone who was filming an arrest, sufficiently far away).

Your excuse here seems to be "but they aren't as bad as LA!!!" That is inappropriate in my opinion, I thought we lived in the United States. By the same respect, LA is excused because they aren't as bad as Belfast.

Anybody read the write-up about this fiasco in the Oregonian today? Sounds like that little dive has been getting a bunch of business lately. Along with threats of arson and vandalism. Talk about a real furball.....

Shouldn't a private business owner have the right to exclude whom he wants from his business on purely political grounds? Or to exercise his constitutional right to express his view that a police officer isn't welcome?

This.

Also, the owner's reasoning is perfectly valid: he caters to people who are freaked out by cops—a legit concern given their itchy trigger fingers—by providing a cop-free environment.

That's pretty much how free enterprise works, right? Find an underserved niche and fill it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top