JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From a preparedness point of view what I learned from the hurricane

1. Dont trust the government to help. I know this already. I heard from people who were checking out their local shelter and found the staff fighting among each other, did not know the details about their shelter (pet friendly or not) and only had a few cots set up even though the shelter could have had hundreds of people come to it. This was on the day the hurricane was going to hit. I planned on staying at home even if advised to evac because there was a chance I'd fair worse at a shelter.

2. If you live in an area with trees, assume trees will fall and block the roads. I had a chainsaw and retractable tow rope in the truck. I used them.
https://www.amazon.com/SmartStraps-14-Foot-Strap-Break-Strength/dp/B000OEVLN2

3. Consider what you would do for your neighbors if they needed help (if you want to provide help). Several of my neighbors are my patients and elderly with health problems. I suspect none of them did anything to prepare. One of them needs power for respiratory equipment.

it at least makes me consider what to have on hand if I want to provide help in the community and cant expect help for a long time.

4. Consider a trial run. This was a good trial emergency run for me. Consider taking a weekend day, turn off the power and dont use the water and run a day using just emergency supplies and see what happens.

Now that is a lot of rain. And here we thought us Oregon folks rusted and did not tan. You guys are the rain fall champs of the world. My only paranoid fear that just this moment came to the mare's nest of my feeble mind's eye is that all that rain will seep into the ground where it might raise the water table thus fueling the mother of all steam explosion volcanic eruptions. BOOM! Land slides. Mega Tsunamis. Yikes! :(

thanks! I set up the back seat from my jeep in the little cement walled bunker (Da Bunker) I have under my house. 2 bug out bags, fueled generator, 180 gallons of water, 3 months of freeze dried food, fueled up the chain saw, filled up the propane tanks, got extra ice, fashioned up some anti-looter defensive weapons ;), 80 hour phone battery backup, tool set, tow rope and air pump and separate water supply in the jeep with 10 gallons of extra fuel and I did the dishes and washed all my clothes. I am gosh darn "Burt Gummer" prepared for tomorrow.

View attachment 491536
Address pleeze…..?

Now that is a lot of rain. And here we thought us Oregon folks rusted and did not tan. You guys are the rain fall champs of the world. My only paranoid fear that just this moment came to the mare's nest of my feeble mind's eye is that all that rain will seep into the ground where it might raise the water table thus fueling the mother of all steam explosion volcanic eruptions. BOOM! Land slides. Mega Tsunamis. Yikes! :(
The biggest issue is that all of this rain filled the cesspools and sent holy water down the hill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top