JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we were downgraded to tropical storm.

I put this out 7 hours ago in my driveway . this is how much rain I got so far today

20180823_171205.jpg

thanks! I set up the back seat from my jeep in the little cement walled bunker (Da Bunker) I have under my house. 2 bug out bags, fueled generator, 180 gallons of water, 3 months of freeze dried food, fueled up the chain saw, filled up the propane tanks, got extra ice, fashioned up some anti-looter defensive weapons ;), 80 hour phone battery backup, tool set, tow rope and air pump and separate water supply in the jeep with 10 gallons of extra fuel and I did the dishes and washed all my clothes. I am gosh darn "Burt Gummer" prepared for tomorrow.

View attachment 491536
WOW! :eek:...I guess I'd better check the lines on my boat.:D

thanks! I set up the back seat from my jeep in the little cement walled bunker (Da Bunker) I have under my house. 2 bug out bags, fueled generator, 180 gallons of water, 3 months of freeze dried food, fueled up the chain saw, filled up the propane tanks, got extra ice, fashioned up some anti-looter defensive weapons ;), 80 hour phone battery backup, tool set, tow rope and air pump and separate water supply in the jeep with 10 gallons of extra fuel and I did the dishes and washed all my clothes. I am gosh darn "Burt Gummer" prepared for tomorrow.

View attachment 491536
Lane shows up, looks like he broke into the wrong GD rec room, the bastard!

You need some goats to knock that luscious lawn down.... they'll also help with that gathered water in the wheelbarrow.

View attachment 491861

Yeah, I mowed it last weekend too. The grass grows like 6 inches a week.

its worse today here because of the wind. Little rain but the wind picked up quite a bit. My big papaya tree has fallen on the roof. Luckily they are hollow and very light and the eave is supporting it. Such a loss, damn good papayas from that tree.

At least they closed work today. I was just about the get out the chainsaw to clear the top of a tree that fell infront of my driveway when they called. Plus the road to work has landslides. I think the office was weighing the amount of people who would die driving to work vs to amount of money they would be loosing out on :)

Yeah, I mowed it last weekend too. The grass grows like 6 inches a week.

its worse today here because of the wind. Little rain but the wind picked up quite a bit. My big papaya tree has fallen on the roof. Luckily they are hollow and very light and the eave is supporting it. Such a loss, damn good papayas from that tree.

At least they closed work today. I was just about the get out the chainsaw to clear the top of a tree that fell infront of my driveway when they called. Plus the road to work has landslides. I think the office was weighing the amount of people who would die driving to work vs to amount of money they would be loosing out on :)
My sister knocked one of her papaya trees over because it was too tall, and didn't bother removing it. Now she has papaya growing in the yard. Those things are almost impossible to kill.

To put things into perspective, since Tuesday, Hilo has received the annual rainfall of Portland.

A young guy who works in Mrs. Teflon's office has been planning a Hawaiian trip with his girlfriend all year (they all had to lock in their 2018 vacation plans by last December). Wanting to show his sweetheart a memorable time, he reserved a luxurious place to stay and booked first class seats both ways. Muy expensivo for anyone, especially a "kid" in his final year at college.

As of yesterday, they were still planning to depart PDX and fly there today (Friday 8-24). I'm just wondering how their trip will go. I would've been agonizing and losing sleep all week.

Hope everyone is safe in HI.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews