JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Eventually. Where will the weakening hurricane track in the next couple of weeks? Our way? Dunno. It could make a tremendous difference in our immediate future. They usually track South and East.. But this one is very far North. That is all.

I have been watching it myself, seems if it does make land here would maybe at best be a tropical storm.
The winds in the Northwest are about to do there slow change probably right in the middle of this.
So that could take some of the wet out of it.

are they saying it is going to turn around and head East? Or head way up north and then head your way? I'm no meteorologist but that seems like a long way to go. I doubt it would turn around and head right back through the prevailing winds.

Untitled.png

I'm all prepped for tomorrow by the way. Gas is all sold out at the local stations.

From what I know, the winds are to change soon and that also usually has changed the H/L pressures.
But its hard to say. The mold is returning early this year which usually means a wet winter. And that the mold
appearing now means we should be on the cusp of the change. Not a meteorologist just had to study the weather allot.
Not sure I am right but appears that way to me. I don't see the big storm hitting, but could sent moisture. We need that.

Could certainly use some precip

Supposed to get some showers and cooling this weekend, that would be nice. I have a lot of stuff to do outside, and I am supposed to get more exercise, but between the heat and smoke I have been reluctant to try.

Yeah, the bad air quality these past several (several) days is finally starting to wear on me now.... I used to (in my 20's) be able to do 50 push-ups in the "disco hut" full of CS gas, run outside and "cry" it off, then go run 5 miles up hill.... both ways, mind you.

I'm NOT enjoying the aging process, I can tell you! o_O

thanks! I set up the back seat from my jeep in the little cement walled bunker (Da Bunker) I have under my house. 2 bug out bags, fueled generator, 180 gallons of water, 3 months of freeze dried food, fueled up the chain saw, filled up the propane tanks, got extra ice, fashioned up some anti-looter defensive weapons ;), 80 hour phone battery backup, tool set, tow rope and air pump and separate water supply in the jeep with 10 gallons of extra fuel and I did the dishes and washed all my clothes. I am gosh darn "Burt Gummer" prepared for tomorrow.

20180821_181917.jpg

I'll have mine with a healthy heaping helping of lightning please.:D

K, but only after the wet has really set in.

The last round of fires, least ways down south here, are all lightning strike starts. Only one small one is fully contained. There's still a monster burning just west of Grants Pass, with no "real" containment date yet.

We could use some rain but not ready for winter either. Hope everyone in Hawaii makes it out in good condition. Bolus glad that you are prepared and ready for the worst. Hopefully you won't need it.

I am really hoping Maui doesn't get hit to hard we are supposed to be going there on vacation in six weeks. :rolleyes:

We could use some rain but not ready for winter either. Hope everyone in Hawaii makes it out in good condition. Bolus glad that you are prepared and ready for the worst. Hopefully you won't need it.

I am really hoping Maui doesn't get hit to hard we are supposed to be going there on vacation in six weeks. :rolleyes:
Maui is going to get nailed. They're not prepared for the amount of rain they're about to see. I've heard we have had a foot of rain in hilo since yesterday. Granted, we live in the wettest City in the US, but still.

Last Edited:
Maui is going to get nailed. They're not prepared for the amount of rain they're about to see. I've heard we have had a foot of rain in hilH since yesterday. Granted, we love in the wettest City in the US, but still.

Ya I kinda figured. Guess we will hope for the best. Sucks though my wife has never been there and we are going for her birthday. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top