Huntsman gun safe at Fishermans

Discussion in 'Gun Safes & Secure Storage' started by Dapapadon, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Dapapadon

Dapapadon
    Gladstone, OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My current safe is getting full so I'm starting to think about another one. I was in OC Fishermans today and they had a Huntsman Safe similar in size to my Fatboy Jr. It had the digital lock which I think I would prefer this time. Anyone have one of these? Any feedback about them? I found a few photos online.

Don

HMG361-Open.jpg

HMG361-Closed.jpg

2. tkdguy

tkdguy
    Portland, Oregon

I have a Rhino Safe and from want I understand these safes have two critical features. The first is the thickness of the safe and fire resistance and the second is the lock. There was a digital lock that was or may be still popular about two years ago that most safe companies had used.

3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Digital locks are great til they go bad, and you know electronics... nuff said.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  4. spectra

spectra
    The Couve
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Yep have a older model that went poop and just use the emergency key now......

U201491 likes this.
  5. B5Ben

B5Ben
    Boise

There was a pair of safes listed in the classifieds I thought looked pretty decent for $900 each. If I were I the market I would start there.

6. badhuntsman

badhuntsman
    Portland, OR

They are apparently based out of the Portland area, but BEWARE of Huntsman safes! I spent $1,300 and it failed within a month, a major mechanical piece was sheared off and the locking bolts fell into the bottom of the door. Huntsman HAS REFUSED TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT! They have refused to provide a new safe or repair the broken one. Their supposed lifetime warranty is literally worthless - AVOID THIS BRAND. Anyone wishing to confirm this is a real review, reach out to me - it takes a lot for me to sign up to a message board and post something ripping an entire brand or company, but Huntsman sucks that bad.

uscsoldier likes this.
  7. kenboy

kenboy
    salem, oregon
    GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

Badhuntsman and member since .......today.

Hmmmmm

uscsoldier likes this.
  8. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Then there's that EMP.... If it fries your electronic lock and there's no key back up then you will be fighting off the zombie masses with sticks, stones and four letter words.

9. badhuntsman

badhuntsman
    Portland, OR

Yes, I just made an account yesterday, specifically to share my horrible experience with Huntsman, which just happened this past month, and yes, I chose the username huntsmanbad. It takes a lot to make me this upset, and this company is awful. If interested in the specifics, photos, names, what they did and didn't tell me, contact me and I'll happily share, I don't want anyone else getting hosed by this awful awful company and product!

10. DaneChichester

DaneChichester
    Aurora

Only thing I know is they are manufactured in Tualatin.

11. Camelfilter

Camelfilter
    Salem
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sorry to hear that happened to you & thanks for sharing your experience.

Noted.

Now that you are here, mayhaps go over to the new member introduction thread & give a hi howdy.

This is a great forum, with a wealth of information & a whole bunch of members from all over the PNW, as well as members the world over.

It's a decent way to keep abreast of the legal goings on, as well as any shooting interests with which you might have.

WrenchNguns and partsed like this.