JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My current safe is getting full so I'm starting to think about another one. I was in OC Fishermans today and they had a Huntsman Safe similar in size to my Fatboy Jr. It had the digital lock which I think I would prefer this time. Anyone have one of these? Any feedback about them? I found a few photos online.

Don

HMG361-Open.jpg

HMG361-Closed.jpg

I have a Rhino Safe and from want I understand these safes have two critical features. The first is the thickness of the safe and fire resistance and the second is the lock. There was a digital lock that was or may be still popular about two years ago that most safe companies had used.

My current safe is getting full so I'm starting to think about another one. I was in OC Fishermans today and they had a Huntsman Safe similar in size to my Fatboy Jr. It had the digital lock which I think I would prefer this time. Anyone have one of these? Any feedback about them? I found a few photos online.

Don

Digital locks are great til they go bad, and you know electronics... nuff said.

There was a pair of safes listed in the classifieds I thought looked pretty decent for $900 each. If I were I the market I would start there.

They are apparently based out of the Portland area, but BEWARE of Huntsman safes! I spent $1,300 and it failed within a month, a major mechanical piece was sheared off and the locking bolts fell into the bottom of the door. Huntsman HAS REFUSED TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT! They have refused to provide a new safe or repair the broken one. Their supposed lifetime warranty is literally worthless - AVOID THIS BRAND. Anyone wishing to confirm this is a real review, reach out to me - it takes a lot for me to sign up to a message board and post something ripping an entire brand or company, but Huntsman sucks that bad.

Digital locks are great til they go bad, and you know electronics... nuff said.
Then there's that EMP.... If it fries your electronic lock and there's no key back up then you will be fighting off the zombie masses with sticks, stones and four letter words.

Yes, I just made an account yesterday, specifically to share my horrible experience with Huntsman, which just happened this past month, and yes, I chose the username huntsmanbad. It takes a lot to make me this upset, and this company is awful. If interested in the specifics, photos, names, what they did and didn't tell me, contact me and I'll happily share, I don't want anyone else getting hosed by this awful awful company and product!

Yes, I just made an account yesterday, specifically to share my horrible experience with Huntsman, which just happened this past month, and yes, I chose the username huntsmanbad. It takes a lot to make me this upset, and this company is awful. If interested in the specifics, photos, names, what they did and didn't tell me, contact me and I'll happily share, I don't want anyone else getting hosed by this awful awful company and product!

Sorry to hear that happened to you & thanks for sharing your experience.

Noted.

Now that you are here, mayhaps go over to the new member introduction thread & give a hi howdy.

This is a great forum, with a wealth of information & a whole bunch of members from all over the PNW, as well as members the world over.

It's a decent way to keep abreast of the legal goings on, as well as any shooting interests with which you might have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top