JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently received an ad for a Foreverspin top (I know you've seen them) that is constructed of "Humanium". Now, I've seen them in silver, titanium, stainless steel, copper and aluminum, but Humanium has to be some kind of joke.

Well, I Googled "Humanium Metal" and found the following website:

humanium

It seems that in 2016, some folks in Sweden (of course) got together and started marketing metal salvaged from destroyed "illegal" firearms. Here is a statement from their site:

"Humanium Metal by IM is a new material made of recycled metal from gun destruction programs which are then made available for commercial production.

All products made with Humanium Metal create new sources of funding for victims and projects aiming to rebuild conflict-torn societies.

Humanium Metal will generate local income generation, contributing to long-term positive effects on economic realities and prosperity for affected societies.

A Humanium Metal-based product not only delivers vital financial support to affected individuals and countries, it also carries a strong ethical message.

Consumers who purchase Humanium Metal products, will be part of the solution to one of the world's greatest problems."

Are you impressed, yet???

Anyway, I thought corrupt governments and dictatorships were the world's greatest problems, but it seems that I was wrong.

I wonder if IM would sell any of their new metal to Smith & Wesson or Colt? After all, if it weren't for gun manufacturers...they wouldn't have a product to sell, in the first place.

GunControlWorks123.jpg

Aloha, Mark

While I don't agree with the message, I think if they're going to be destroyed anyway you might as well use the material.

Last Edited:
:confused: I am trying to figure out what the difference is between humanium and steel, I'm beginning to think it has something to do it's amazing ability to absorb the intellect of it's creators and thus can become, just like them....
….incredibly and irredeemably dense!

John M. Browning is spinnering in his graveanium.
Maybe they should make little Barbie dolls out of ground up aborted fetus bones.

While I do wish that conflict and war were no more...That simply ain't going to happen.
The history of mankind is made of conflict of some of kind or another...Like anything this is both good and bad.

Sticks and stones to the latest rifle....any and all are still used and will be used , no matter what.
I Have no idea on how to stop conflict...but I do have some ideas on what happens when :
A populace is disarmed or not able to defend themselves...
One group gets to make all the decisions for everyone else...
A group sets itself apart and above from those they govern...
Hated and extremism become the norm...

One of the most effective ways to prevent the above from happening , is to be armed and willing to use said arms wisely.
Andy

copied form their website:

HUMANIUM METAL INCREASES THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL SECURITY FOR PEOPLE LIVING IN AREAS AFFECTED BY HIGH LEVELS OF VIOLENCE. IT INSPIRES CONSUMERS, BUSINESSES AND AUTHORITIES TO JOIN HANDS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO ONE OF THE WORLD´S GREATEST PROBLEMS.

Can you say Psychobabble?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads