JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came home from work yesterday and brought in the mail, a bucket of KFC, my lunch bag, truck tool bag, and coat. So my hands were full. In the Mail I noticed there was an envelope from some mortgage company I never heard of (we get offers on the house or mortgage deals all the time) I jokingly said to the wife as I ran past dumping everything on the table on my way to the bathroom....wonder what interest rate they offer on ZERO balance?

I had to pee real bad other wise I would have dropped it into the waste can in the carport. While I am in the bathroom the wife decides to open it, you know,,,just to see.......and what it was.... and its the title to our house...it's official....it's ours. And yes its already in the fire safe.

We figured now days with all the times over the 29 years we refinanced it took to pay off the first and then the 2 years it took to pay off a line of credit that had somehow attached itself to the title (paid off in Dec.) combined with the buying and selling of Mortgages that caused the big crash in 2008 we would never actually see the thing figured it would be hiding in some cardboard box in some banks back room in the Bahamas.

Now to keep paying the Tax so the benevolent all caring Government can't take it away LOL.

I came home from work yesterday and brought in the mail, a bucket of KFC, my lunch bag, truck tool bag, and coat. So my hands were full. In the Mail I noticed there was an envelope from some mortgage company I never heard of (we get offers on the house or mortgage deals all the time) I jokingly said to the wife as I ran past dumping everything on the table on my way to the bathroom....wonder what interest rate they offer on ZERO balance?

I had to pee real bad other wise I would have dropped it into the waste can in the carport. While I am in the bathroom the wife decides to open it, you know,,,just to see.......and what it was.... and its the title to our house...it's official....it's ours. And yes its already in the fire safe.

We figured now days with all the times over the 29 years we refinanced it took to pay off the first and then the 2 years it took to pay off a line of credit that had somehow attached itself to the title (paid off in Dec.) combined with the buying and selling of Mortgages that caused the big crash in 2008 we would never actually see the thing figured it would be hiding in some cardboard box in some banks back room in the Bahamas.

Now to keep paying the Tax so the benevolent all caring Government can't take it away LOL.
Paying the taxes is harder than I initially thought. Make sure to be extremely diligent about not spending the money set aside for the taxes.

The day we paid off our house was day a like no other. Congratulations! Stay strong, get rid of all your debt, and listen to this guy...https://www.ramseysolutions.com

Congratulations!

Ours is paid off too. Now we are watching our property tax creeping up to what our monthly mortgage originally was! It's getting close. Makes you realize, you don't really own it

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews