JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was the thermal shear from the shock wave alone. All the humidity in the ambient air was suddenly compressed and what we saw the the few moments of that vapor literally squeezed from the air before it was reabsorbed.
Sorta like this?

F-18.jpg
U.S. Navy F/A-18 traveling near the speed of sound. The white halo consists of condensed water droplets formed by the sudden drop in air pressure behind the shock cone around the aircraft (see Prandtl-Glauert singularity).

All that moisture in the blast was sea water/fire fighting water picked up inside the blast cone via an instant vacume ( Implosion) before the over pressure ( explosion) , then discharged radially with the shock wave, once the pressure dropped, it dissapated rapidly!
Pretty cool to see how it happened, just really sad that it did happen!:(

As far as cause, I thought Israel was systematically attacking multiple targets over the past months (Iran nuclear-related as I recall). Is this just another of those? What the target was though I dunno.

How is it that there are only 10 people dead from that???

Last I heard 100 known dead. How many were turned to vapor to be missing forever?
5000 injured -
300,000 homeless (at least temporarily)
Not a location where all the stats will be well known - just can't be.

Last Edited:
Last I heard 100 known dead. How many were turned to vapro to be missing forever?
5000 injured -
300,000 homeless (at least temporarily)
Not a location where all the stats will be well known - just can't be.
It's only been one day.
For the next 2 weeks all the concussion head trauma patients will start to show up.
:(

Preceding the really big blast you can see flashes, which would be expected in a fire in a fireworks facility.
2750 tons of AN certainly makes for a big BOOM.
Storing so much AN in proximity to fireworks seems like depraved indifference to reality.

Does anybody know if AN is a high or low explosive?

Preceding the really big blast you can see flashes, which would be expected in a fire in a fireworks facility.
2750 tons of AN certainly makes for a big BOOM.
Storing so much AN in proximity to fireworks seems like depraved indifference to reality.

Does anybody know if AN is a high or low explosive?
It's more dangerous because it's not just super flammable once it hits its ignition point - it also becomes its own oxidizer.

And I don't buy the 'fireworks' bs. There is another video of this initial fire - no whistles, no colors, no rockets - just loud cracks and snaps before it all went off. Sounded exactly like ammo.

" And I don't buy the 'fireworks' bs. There is another video of this initial fire - no whistles, no colors, no rockets - just loud cracks and snaps before it all went off. Sounded exactly like ammo."

Now that you mention it - yeah.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top