JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No matter how we vote, the law should require every vote to be returned by COB on election day, no exceptions. That means absentee ballots would have to be sent out early. They also need some rules on speed of counting votes. After the 2016 election, there were states still counting ballots a month later! Insane. If I were king, I'd require that every precinct recount their votes on election night until 2 counts were exactly the same, making recount challenges unnecessary. Who's voting for me? :)

I'm not understanding the hate up here for mail in ballots. While in Arizona, every election I did was mail in. My wife spent her military career overseas and mailed in.

It's not a complicated process. Social Security Number is a unique identifier. Match it up against birth records and death records. If alive over 18, count vote. If duplicate, investigate. If dead, discard.

Boggles my mind why we can't get this together. Stuff should be online. Places have been voting like it's 1799. Here they talk about voting like we're using the Pony Express and OMG the horror!? How about we use that nifty thing called the internet?

I'm not understanding the hate up here for mail in ballots. While in Arizona, every election I did was mail in. My wife spent her military career overseas and mailed in.

It's not a complicated process. Social Security Number is a unique identifier. Match it up against birth records and death records. If alive over 18, count vote. If duplicate, investigate. If dead, discard.

Boggles my mind why we can't get this together. Stuff should be online. Places have been voting like it's 1799. Here they talk about voting like we're using the Pony Express and OMG the horror!? How about we use that nifty thing called the internet?
No bad chads with mail in voting

I had to laugh at the last election I voted in, one of those minor ones that the teachers' unions use to pass their levies because nobody else is paying attention. The ballot had a single vote on the entire piece of paper, whether the levy should be passed or not. Anybody opening the laughable privacy envelope to count the ballot could see how I voted. I still voted against the levy but I have to say it felt a little like masturbation, except less productive.

this right here. During my entire military career I participated in my home state's elections via mail. I even sent in ballots from Iraq and Afghanistan now that I think about it lol. It's not that hard, it's not rocket science. You vote, throw it in the envelope and mail off. The only it does require is not to procrastinate and mail it off in a decent amount of time.

They have no problem with illegals and dead people voting, you really think it would be any better with mail ballots?

Makes it so much easier to find boxes of ballots somehow forgotten in a closet somewhere.

They have no problem with illegals and dead people voting, you really think it would be any better with mail ballots?

Makes it so much easier to find boxes of ballots somehow forgotten in a closet somewhere.
I think you'll find that just about everyone has a problem with illegal aliens and dead people voting, regardless of political ideology.

Voting in person can be abused as easily as mail in, depending on the implementation of the system. What we need are better systems - and I still have not heard a compelling argument for not utilizing mail voting. Just about every complaint of potential fraud can be solved for in creating a good system.

With the Census taking place this year, I went online and completed it a couple of months ago.

Since then, I have received two notices on my door, one of them an actual form, and a couple of more email notices to complete my form.

Yeah, I totally trust the government to get mail-in or online voting right. :eek:

Absolutely NO internet voting; even Ron Wyden agrees. ALL government websites have been hacked, probably all corporate websites as well. I'm guessing Wyden figures it will be easier to cheat with paper ballots:

@Hueco said: "I think you'll find that just about everyone has a problem with illegal aliens and dead people voting, regardless of political ideology."

Incorrect.

What party does that guy belong to? (you know the answer)

Quote: "The right of foreigners to vote in the United States[1][2] has historically been a contentious issue."

FACT: If a vote to allow illegals to vote in US elections were held in the US House and Senate today, pretty much every member of the "party of gun control" would vote for it. Ditto for most state legislatures and governors. Sick stuff.

@Hueco said: "It's not a complicated process. Social Security Number is a unique identifier. Match it up against birth records and death records. If alive over 18, count vote. If duplicate, investigate. If dead, discard."

Do not use SS# as in identifier for voting. Millions of them have been hacked by non-citizens. ;)

The .gov INDUSTRY sent stimulus checks to DEAD people, made incorrect amounts to dead and alive people that were direct deposited into their bank/credit union accounts or mailed incorrect paper checks, some people are still waiting on their TAX REFUNDS via paper or computer filings, there are BOXES, trailers and offices FILLED with over 10 MILLION tax returns to the IRS and the GOVERNMENT thinks that they can HANDLE ELECTION FRAUD and find BOXES OF BALLOTS down the road?! LOL

Heck, it even happened in Montana - ballots were FOUND in boxes and that was 2 elections ago if my memory serves me right. NOT the last primary election but the one before that and IT was on the local level too!

Old Lady Cate

The really scary thing about this issue is that it exposes just how corrupt and broken our government really is.

Think about it. Every time there is talk about armed resistance and a cleansing of the system through force on gun forums where conservatives gather, there are multiple people who step in and say that we need to fight through the ballot box and that there is nothing to worry about. Their response is that we simply need to use our constitutional right of voting to fix things and push back against the tyrannical effort that the democrats and their ilk are putting forth to enslave us.

Sure, sounds reasonable and intelligent. Until you realize that the left has infiltrated and gained control of the very mechanism that is supposed to be held sacred; voting.

What option is there left when even the voting system cannot be trusted and is corrupt?

I fear we are at the end of the line for peaceful resolution.

FACT: If a vote to allow illegals to vote in US elections were held in the US House and Senate today, pretty much every member of the "party of gun control" would vote for it. Ditto for most state legislatures and governors. Sick stuff.

I'll believe that to be fact when you've provided evidence to support it. If I were here on a green card, had a house, an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number), and paid my taxes to the federal, state, and local governments, including property taxes, should I not get to vote in a school board election or local levy? Half of the articles you linked specifically point to considerations for legal resident aliens to vote in local elections - of which there is an arguable case for it, whether you like it or not or agree with it or not.

Has the right side of the media conflated that with illegal alien voting at the federal level? Yes, yes it has. Anything to get the base all frantic and to score those sweet, sweet clicks for ad revenue.

And yes, as in most things, California has gone off the deep end on this issue. California competes with Florida for the country's biggest fails while the rest of us get our facepalm memes ready.

So, let me clarify my previous statement: I believe most people to be against the idea of illegal aliens and dead people voting in federal elections. As we zoom into more local politics, the case for a legal resident with an ITIN to vote becomes stronger. The fringe contains those who think that illegal aliens should vote and literally no-one except for maybe a few corrupt individuals looking to conduct fraud think that dead people should get votes. If you think that most democrats are in favor of that last one, I've got a bridge to sell you, and I'll throw in a 500 foot spool of tinfoil for free.

Do not use SS# as in identifier for voting. Millions of them have been hacked by non-citizens. ;)

Which is why I said: investigate duplicates. But, I see your point, there may not be a dupe if the legal person doesn't vote and the fraud person does. That being said, that same person who has a fraudulent SS# also has a fraudulent driver's license and/or voter ID card and will just as easily walk into a polling station. You haven't solved the problem nor exposed any particular weakness of the proposed.

So, expanding on the thought:
- Have voters request a mail-in ballot online, confirming all of their data (name, mailing address, SS#, etc.)
- Flag any records where there is a discrepancy (mailing address different than driver's license or voter ID card, etc.)
- Collect mail in votes and scan them
- Use AI to analyze signatures from votes to previously captured signatures (driver's license, voter ID, tax filings, etc.) and flag discrepancies
- Begin reviewing cases of possible fraud (duplicate name, SS#, address, etc.) and teach AI the patterns - continuing to detect and review
- When all votes are in, problems reviewed, fraud thrown out...then count.
- Allow a voter to review their specific vote and how it was counted through an online portal, allowing them to confirm their vote was counted, or send a text message, or send a receipt, etc.

The technology to do this at scale existed 10+ years ago. At this point in time, there is little reason not to move voting to a more 21st century technology.

In Oregon, at least, history shows us that the State is incapable of developing and operating a sophisticated computer system. Look at the DMV and Cover Oregon systems. Many other failures have been covered up or quietly abandoned. Those systems still in use are headaches for users.

I fear that Oregon is using a "custom" computer program to "manage" COVID-19. :eek::rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews