JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

While my knee-jerk response is, "yeah, kennel the refuse up" the idea that Dems would so brazenly go back to their old playbook of putting people in Camps and keeping them under military guard should be enough to make index fingers reflexively pull in a few times.

This stuff should worry you. Although coming from Sam Adams, it's probably progress that he's looking to kennel adults and not little boys for his own proclivities.

Bought almost a half a tank of fuel in my Dodge yesterday and it was $55. There is a lot more folks going to be homeless in Oregon, just as the government has planed. Controlled decline.

Are they going to let them do drugs in this mass shelter? If not, they are not going to go voluntarily. If yes, this "shelter" will turn into a he11 hole pretty fast. These people do not go to shelters for a reason - shelters have rules.

YEP! As Cavedweller said spot on. The kind of people who live on the streets doing drugs and crimes do not want a place to live. Give them one and two things happen fast. They trash the place and move. So unless those "camps" have fences and guards they will sit empty.

As I see it.....the problem begins with.......

The Govt (The Dems in this case) that wants to feed, clothe and house.....those who mostly are unwilling or incapable of being responsible for themselves. So, they see it as their job, to take care of and solve their problem(s) and/or the various situation(s) for them.

Note: Some (I suspect, most) want single FAMILY or single person accommodations and they want it "safe and affordable, etc...". So just taking "affordable". What does that actually mean in dollars?

My mom used to say, "Beggars can't be choosers."

But then......
Don't all people want safe, affordable, in a good location with schools, shopping, medical facilities, parks, good road access, etc..... etc....? Hummm.......should someone have to explain the concepts of life? About choices and consequences? For example: going to school/learning, work, responsibility, health, etc.... etc....?

Dont_feed_the_bears.jpg

Don't get me wrong. Temporary help should be "TEMPORARY." Then, there is also that question of the taxpayer funding and the amounts that are being spent.

Balance_the_budget.jpg

As usual, The Standard Disclaimer Applies.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........

"If you accommodate them more will come."

Why is it so hard to understand that people like FREE STUFF (or a good deal)?

Last Edited:
Doing with US citizens what the past several administrations have done at the border with people sneaking over here illegally. What could possibly go wrong?

Last Edited:
What is the solution?

I personally don't care if someone wants to get high all day...as long as that is done in the privacy of their own home. But the second you take that out into the public street and pollute the sidewalk with needles and your, literal, crap...as well as all of the rest of the crime that goes with this street lifestyle...that is where I draw the line. That cannot be permitted because it only degrades society even more.

There is, most certainly, a percentage of the homeless that is truly down on their luck. But there is an even larger percentage of homeless that are essentially homeless by choice. Many of this latter group are also plagued by drug addiction and mental health issues.

How should this latter group be handled? Because continuing to let these people live in squalor is neither humane, nor conducive to a functioning society.

Yes, there are some people who are without regular shelter due to a downturn in their lives but the overwhelming majority of bums live that way by preference.
As I grew up and old I met folks who were hobos and bums by choice. In comparison a life free of no debt and not having to live under obedience or pushed into a life of a consumer slave is freedom to some. They are willing to accept the life they live when they give up the life everyone else accepts. None of them that gets a mandate to pump the jab in themselves or lose their job.:D

What is the solution?

I personally don't care if someone wants to get high all day...as long as that is done in the privacy of their own home. But the second you take that out into the public street and pollute the sidewalk with needles and your, literal, crap...as well as all of the rest of the crime that goes with this street lifestyle...that is where I draw the line. That cannot be permitted because it only degrades society even more.

There is, most certainly, a percentage of the homeless that is truly down on their luck. But there is an even larger percentage of homeless that are essentially homeless by choice. Many of this latter group are also plagued by drug addiction and mental health issues.

How should this latter group be handled? Because continuing to let these people live in squalor is neither humane, nor conducive to a functioning society.
Well said . . . . .

Too many benefits for the lazy.
What about those who work 40 hrs a week at 15 - 18 $ an hr and still don't make a living wage.
They can't even afford a studio apt, utilities and food. I would rather see my tax dollars assist those who are at least working and trying to pay their own way.

Go to the homeless camps with a Greyhound bus, offer them all a free bus ride to sunny California and give those who take the offer a $500 bonus upon arrival in CA. That would be a heck of a lot cheaper than trying to house and feed them here. And it is voluntary, not forcing anyone to go.

Too many benefits for the lazy.
What about those who work 40 hrs a week at 15 - 18 $ an hr and still don't make a living wage.
They can't even afford a studio apt, utilities and food. I would rather see my tax dollars assist those who are at least working and trying to pay their own way.
Now THAT I can see and support. Working, want to do better? Free school to learn to earn. Instead of throwing cash at worthless wastes of air throw money at people who actually want to do better. That money comes back in taxes as those people learn to make 2 or 3 times as much money and pay taxes on it. The people who will not work? Should not get to eat either.

While my knee-jerk response is, "yeah, kennel the refuse up" the idea that Dems would so brazenly go back to their old playbook of putting people in Camps and keeping them under military guard should be enough to make index fingers reflexively pull in a few times.

This stuff should worry you. Although coming from Sam Adams, it's probably progress that he's looking to kennel adults and not little boys for his own proclivities.
"Trust-fund Ted" should have been more proactive on this instead of waiting until now. They should be using some social workers to help these people get back on their feet not the National Guard. :s0137:

I personally don't care if someone wants to get high all day...as long as that is done in the privacy of their own home.
Really? Even if they have small children who need attention and parental guidance? Practicing your addiction in front of your children doesn't degrade society, as long as it's done in the privacy of your own home? Want to think about that a little?

I think you are on to something there Hawaiian , the Bhagwan tried the same thing in reverse back in the eighties.
Since she will be looking for work pretty soon, Kate could be helping out Ted as a coach Kappo for the trip down there.

RE : Post #13

Hawaiian knows. Maybe?

Yeah....I grew up in that age where some of us in Hawaii heard the rumors (maybe it was fact). That certain "other" states were sending their Welfare/Homeless/Etc.... to Hawaii to get them off of their rolls.

Rrrrrright......"Anyone interested in a FREE trip (vacation) to Hawaii?"

Aloha, Mark

PS....The travel pitch for CA?

Last Edited:

From the KGW article

"The sites would be located near MAX or bus stations, Adams wrote, using city-owned land or eminent domain for privately owned land."

Holy cow!

Add insult to injury, the drug addicts trash your neighborhood, steal from you, vandalize your property then the government comes and steals your land so the same addicts can keep doing the same thing, on a larger scale, to the same neighborhood.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top