JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And that's when the power went out...
[center
] 36-21.jpg [/center]
This was obviously at 6:31 this morning. About 7:00 AM we lost power and internet and just got it back. We've got an automatic generator, but at -36 it drained the battery before it did it's automatic start thing. I had to pull one of the boat batteries that I keep on a maintainer in the shop and jump the generator to get it going. Then I had to jump the tractor to get it goin' so I could feed everybody. Been a busy and nippy morning! We're clear up to a sunny -15 now! Plumb balmy!
Now where did I leave that sun tan lotion...?

Good morning, put on a beanie and went out to trouble shoot some wet carpet in the vintage suv, moonroof drains were pretty gunked up and are now draining down underneath the vehicle, hoplefully that fixed it.

Happy Saturday everyone, make it a good one. 🙂 👍

Vancouver weather is a NothingBurger so far.

Well, I stuck my head outside, said nope and went back inside where it's 68° to make pancakes and drink coffee

Oh that's terrible. And now we get to see freezing rain. We get the full effect of the East wind were we are in NE, but the tree issues aren't as bad as many other places in the city. But the freezing rain? I'm worried now.

Oh that's terrible. And now we get to see freezing rain. We get the full effect of the East wind were we are in NE, but the tree issues aren't as bad as many other places in the city. But the freezing rain? I'm worried now.
I hate freezing rain. The bad one a couple years back we had something like 30 big limbs come down. Biggest was an oak branch about 14" in diameter. Still have the wood from that mess.

Forecast calls for snow starting around 4 pm. I think if we get an ice storm this time it will be short lived. That night where limbs wet dripping every 10 min or so all night long was freezing and stayed freezing. But tonight it's supposed to be 30 degrees at midnight and then continue to warm all night long. We'll see but I don't think it will be as bad as last time. We had power out last time for many days.

I hate freezing rain. The bad one a couple years back we had something like 30 big limbs come down. Biggest was an oak branch about 14" in diameter. Still have the wood from that mess.

Forecast calls for snow starting around 4 pm. I think if we get an ice storm this time it will be short lived. That night where limbs wet dripping every 10 min or so all night long was freezing and stayed freezing. But tonight it's supposed to be 30 degrees at midnight and then continue to warm all night long. We'll see but I don't think it will be as bad as last time. We had power out last time for many days.
The % chances are rather low for a lot of built-up ice I think. I'm showing freezing rain here.

So it was a good morning, out checking beaver traps enjoying my coffee on the drive down the hill. Got to my traps and that's when things to a turn for the worse.....I quick slip and fall can ruin a guys day, I slipped on the ice and ended up in a man size nutria hole. It was a chore climbing out. Still glad I'm not in a office some where

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews