JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since I gave my wife a box of 9mm ammo on our first date (That's how I got her to agree to meet up, lol), I don't think I ever had to worry about her not liking guns... I agree though, the topic of guns and CCW should be one of the first things talked about if you're into guns. Cause if she can't accept that fact, she's useless in my book. In the past I had met several women that seemed cool until the topic was brought up. Then I found they were on the liberal side and wanted gun control and all that. That's when I told them to have a nice day.

Well if you obviously dont know her well enough yet to tell her you carry then just having a gun on you isnt going to go well for you if she turns out to be psycho chick and deides later she didnt really want to be there that night....just sayin.

"Excuse me while I whip this out"
Where all da white wimen at?
Honestly it would be one of the first things i told her when we met.
It would be one of the first things I ask her before we met (via email, etc.).

Maybe that's one of the reasons why I am still single (and happier than I ever was married).

When I was a bachelor I just took it out and set it in my safe. If they had a problem with that they could leave...nobody ever did as they knew me by the time we got to pants coming down as I tend to have some foreplay and feeling up before the invite in.
I do not think you have to tell them anything but if you are concerned they might not like it then why not just leave it in the car before going in on the off chance you get laid. Not hard to say I forgot something on the way in and quickly put it under the seat.

If you hardly know them as it sounds then they are not likely to have to many strong opinions when they are willing to get naked with a guy they do not know.

Hahaha so get this. I've been talking to this girl and I am gonna meet her tonight and go have something to eat and drink, maybe a move too. When I was talking to her (texting) I said something like " I'm gonna go take my lunch" or something (I was at work). Well it came out as " I'm GUN go take my lunch" haha. Then I corrected my text and I asked her, since we are on the gun topic, how do you feel about adults owning and carrying guns? legally of course.

She said she was fine with guns because she grew up around them..... I was like oh for real? I was all happy and excited. Now she is gonna have a fun night and everything paid for lol :D

This is my rifle and this is my gun. :eek::eek:

First off anybody over the age of 35 and married is not going to understand " all systems go". Asking a bunch of 50+ plus guys about hitting the sheets with a new squeeze is going to get a lot of "WTF is that asked ?? :)

If you are waiting until you are hitting the sheets to go over the fact you carry a weapon, then you are getting off to a somewhat rock start in the truth and trust department in my opinion. My boys ideas of second dates was usually bringing them out to our range to shoot. Solved that problem. If they passed that exam, then they would go from there.

What have you been talking about while "hanging out", the artistic stylings of Beyoncé?

How about showing your CPL and discussing real life for awhile?

That was how I started that conversation with the wife on a 2nd date. Just laid my wallet down with the CPL in the place my license should be in plain sight and put my credit card in the bill. She asked and I told her that I carry.
She did not care for a gun of her own at the time but my explaining it was there for her protection and anyone who needed to be protected ended the discussion and put any worries to rest.

What have you been talking about while "hanging out", the artistic stylings of Beyoncé?

Sharp Doc! Pretty hard to beat "the artistic stylings of Beyonce" as an ice breaker!

Who's Beyonce?
I would discuss reality gently at first!

Okay dude whatever you say.

I like to be straight forward in relationships. Guns are an important aspect of my life and will tell girls such. If they have a problem with them then oh well, more fish in the sea.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top