JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I must be missing the point of the thread? I guess its getting to late for this old guy eh?

Even being armed won't stop anyone who wants to kill you. Anyone at anytime can come up on you and take you out.

Anywhere where's there's lots of people...a mall etc., is very easy for someone to go virtually unnoticed, get somewhere in your blind spot and drop you.

LEO's are not immune either, remember those Officers in Lakewood. Or someone walks up asking for directions and pulls a gun. There's no time to react.

You take the normal precautions, but other than that...you are at the mercy of whomever wants you to die...but then again, so are they.

If I'm way off base, pleeeeez enlighten me on how I can avoid that.

The police go into zones every day and have arms and armour to meet what they expect. Plus they have a partner in most cases. I believe a man should be no less prepared when things are ugly. Preparing ones family in a protective stratagy would seem prudent if you believe things will get worse.

The war in Mexico is just a begining of the violence if the economy fails you will be in a third world nation in a heartbeat. What is your stratagies for that?

jj

Other than running screaming into the hills with all the granola eaters, I am still at a loss.
Bug-in
Bug-out
Blah-bla-bla...........
Guns, food, water, silver..... Got plenty, but that is all garbage without a PLAN.
Don't have a solid plan for any of it yet.
Even if I had a solid plan, I would consider it junk since the first plan will always get messed up.

What do you plan to do? What do you recommend for the Soccer-Mom's family that has a husband busting his butt to feed the kids, seeing the collapse coming?

We should start a new thread. I helped mess this one up. Got waaay off topic.

Sorry JJ.

I have to respectfully disagree on that point...a little too fatalistic, a little too 'all is lost' for me. I come from the school that every problem has a solution.

Then please, contact the Military and give them the solution to keep our boys from getting killed from roadside bombs.

Folks it is what it is...it may be too fatalistic, but if someone wants you dead...please tell me how I'm going to avoid it?

I guess I'm talking about extreme measures to get it done, but the first post was a pretty extreme being fatalistic.

I have no problem with your disagreement....but I just see this as a no win.

Those guys were talking about how they should have brought their little sister to play some golf, and then started arguing who's buying the burritos after the game.....

I am just talking crap...if they were bangers they probably were thinging something that wasnt anygood. Just remember if they attack, dont fall down or its over....poke em in the eye with a good ball point pen....its safe and no one would suspect it for a weapon ...but the mighty pen can punture skin and mess someones day up real bad....thats why if you cant carry a knife or a gun carry a cross pen...theyre strong....seen it done and it works....( *use to be a prison guard ....seen to much bubblegum)

I must be missing the point of the thread? I guess its getting to late for this old guy eh?

Even being armed won't stop anyone who wants to kill you. Anyone at anytime can come up on you and take you out.

Anywhere where's there's lots of people...a mall etc., is very easy for someone to go virtually unnoticed, get somewhere in your blind spot and drop you.

LEO's are not immune either, remember those Officers in Lakewood. Or someone walks up asking for directions and pulls a gun. There's no time to react.

You take the normal precautions, but other than that...you are at the mercy of whomever wants you to die...but then again, so are they.

If I'm way off base, pleeeeez enlighten me on how I can avoid that.

I steered this thread off the subject.
There are 3-4 different items going on in here.
Sorry guys.

JJ, if you want, you can close this thread and re-post it.
I kinda messed it up.

If someone really wants to kill you, there's nothing you can do about it.

They might die in the process as well, but then some don't care.

Hard to prepare for that.

My thoughts exactly! Heads of state still get assassinated around the world despite having armies of body guards.

I do what I can to protect myself and I beleive the best way to protect yourself is to stay out of bad situations, away from shady people and follow that inner voice that warns you.

I accept the fact the the one sure thing in life is that we all will surely die and that my death doesn't really mean a heck of a lot in the big picture so I don't fear it. I just want a chance to take the offender with me. :p

When I read the news and threads like this, I get reminded of a certain number of things I have found to be true:

* God created this universe and everything in it. And, as hard as we may find to believe it, God knows you and I by name. We are special to Him.
* Since have turned away from Him, this has become a very, very messed up world.
* Good loves us and wants all us back in fellowship with Him so He made a Way.
* Those who choose Him are not afraid to die, are BULLETPROOF, until His work is finished with us here on Earth.
* I carry a weapon and train because:
1. I chose to be a sheepdog, not a sheep. I can feel inside of me He made me that way, and I am not ashamed of it, because He is not ashamed of me. (There was a time in my life I could not say that).
2. If I do not carry, I cannot partake with God in our deliverance from evil. Regardless how good I train or how well I perform, it is ultimately He who delivers us. I do not relay in luck.

So Jim, since you asked:
With or without a gun, plenty of training, whether I can remain tactical at all times or not, the safest place to be is right in the center of His will. That Jim, is my strategy for me and my family.

Fire in hole!!

Those guys were talking about how they should have brought their little sister to play some golf, and then started arguing who's buying the burritos after the game.....

I am just talking crap...if they were bangers they probably were thinging something that wasnt anygood. Just remember if they attack, dont fall down or its over....poke em in the eye with a good ball point pen....its safe and no one would suspect it for a weapon ...but the mighty pen can punture skin and mess someones day up real bad....thats why if you cant carry a knife or a gun carry a cross pen...theyre strong....seen it done and it works....( *use to be a prison guard ....seen to much bubblegum)

Even if they were gang members, they probably just there to play a little golf. Besides their moral depravity, criminals are a lot like the rest of us.

Thinking about any situation ahead of time will help you if you don't get distracted. I went to Iraq for a few months in 05 and they can blow you up cause they know where you are and where you are going. Changeing your habits may save your life or your family by not falling into a trap. Don't be predictable.

Things keep going down hill then a man is going to have to change his priorities.

jj

When I read the news and threads like this, I get reminded of a certain number of things I have found to be true:

* God created this universe and everything in it. And, as hard as we may find to believe it, God knows you and I by name. We are special to Him.
* Since have turned away from Him, this has become a very, very messed up world.
* Good loves us and wants all us back in fellowship with Him so He made a Way.
* Those who choose Him are not afraid to die, are BULLETPROOF, until His work is finished with us here on Earth.
* I carry a weapon and train because:
1. I chose to be a sheepdog, not a sheep. I can feel inside of me He made me that way, and I am not ashamed of it, because He is not ashamed of me. (There was a time in my life I could not say that).
2. If I do not carry, I cannot partake with God in our deliverance from evil. Regardless how good I train or how well I perform, it is ultimately He who delivers us. I do not relay in luck.

So Jim, since you asked:
With or without a gun, plenty of training, whether I can remain tactical at all times or not, the safest place to be is right in the center of His will. That Jim, is my strategy for me and my family.

Fire in hole!!

Some people believe in God and some don't. I am a believer and have chosen what direction I will follow and leave it at that. One thing I am big on is people haveing choice to believe or not, he gave us choice.

jj

Other than running screaming into the hills with all the granola eaters, I am still at a loss.
Bug-in
Bug-out
Blah-bla-bla...........
Guns, food, water, silver..... Got plenty, but that is all garbage without a PLAN.
Don't have a solid plan for any of it yet.
Even if I had a solid plan, I would consider it junk since the first plan will always get messed up.

What do you plan to do? What do you recommend for the Soccer-Mom's family that has a husband busting his butt to feed the kids, seeing the collapse coming?

We should start a new thread. I helped mess this one up. Got waaay off topic.

Sorry JJ.

Really, what is a man to do?? We are in times when people are turning to murder to solve problems. Does it mean soccor mom needs to be more GI Jane and help carry the load?

Where do you want to be if it all goes bad? How you going to get there and what are you going to take with you? Can you do it with a car full of family?

Are you going to fort up and how long will you last?

The people in Mexico didn't have a chance cause they walked into a trap by getting into a rig.

See like buying a gun everyone has their own personal choces to make. Some people will flee the city before things happen. Some people just can't.

Jim Rawles wrote a good book that helps you live with the choices you have to make

"How to survive the end of the world as we know it". Read this book and you will better your position no matter where you end up. It isn't all the answers but you will be miles ahead of others.

jj

You guys can believe in god, but your on your own down here, even the bible buys off on the idea of free will..

Mexico threat: Homies that never shoot guns, boxing you in at a stop light, riddling your car with bullets, or yanking you out for a kidnap, can be mitigated with an armoured car, a good caliber gun with some hicap mags, and some decent driving skills...not to mention an unpredictable schedule and not telling everyone you know down there that you work for the DEA, consulate, CIA...etc ect...

In my opinion we are seeing an escalation in violence. If you don't think ahead you may end up dead:D:D (I should have been a poet) The real problem is seeing what is comming and figuring out what to do. Day to day life doesn't allow time to think much less time to prepare and train.

I recomend reading history for what can happen then figure out what you as a family need to keep your lives going. Questions need answers and you got to read up on it cause you can't do things to find out for yourself.

Better figure out for the money and time spent if what you are doing is going to pay you back. Would privacy windows keep you from getting shot? Would a good defensive driving class be worth as much as a gun class? Would these people have been dead wearing body armour and being armed?

Keeps the mind working doesn't it:D

jj

The best anyone can do is learn, study. We never know what will happen. all of the preparation that you have done can be taking from you. Or you can't get to it. You need more then just stuff. You will need information/knowledge if all else fells. If a person studies now while he or she has the chance. Then if something drastic happens, the ways of living and survival that you learned can help prevent your demise. Having alot of 'Stuff" is good. But knowing what to do if you have nothing will and can really help you, your family and friends.

The best anyone can do is learn, study. We never know what will happen. all of the preparation that you have done can be taking from you. Or you can't get to it. You need more then just stuff. You will need information/knowledge if all else fells. If a person studies now while he or she has the chance. Then if something drastic happens, the ways of living and survival that you learned can help prevent your demise. Having alot of 'Stuff" is good. But knowing what to do if you have nothing will and can really help you, your family and friends.

Some men really "PLAN" to live the rest should prepare to die.

jj

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top