JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It happened so how would you prevent this from happening to you and your family?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2471094/posts

LA UNIÓN, Mexico — Gunmen believed to be linked to drug traffickers shot a pregnant American consulate worker and her husband to death in the violence-racked border town of Ciudad Juárez over the weekend, leaving their baby wailing in the back seat of their car, the authorities said Sunday. The gunmen also killed the husband of another consular employee and wounded his two young children.

The shootings took place minutes apart and appeared to be the first deadly attacks on American officials and their families by Mexico’s powerful drug organizations, provoking an angry reaction from the White House. They came during a particularly bloody weekend when nearly 50 people were killed nationwide in drug-gang violence, including attacks in Acapulco as American college students began arriving for spring break.
-----------------------------------

The war moves our way.

jj

Don't live, work, or play in Mexico or any other country that won't allow you to defend yourself or your loved ones. Drug money, dealers, and users did this. All of it.

I'm at a loss.

How would you?

Other than avoiding Mexico and the bordering states.

I'm not trying to be a smartass. I actually want to know.

I have no answer for you. I will point out that alot of murders like this are done to you in your vehicle. You are trapped in the rig and an easy target. These people might have lived in an armoured vehicle but that armour was probably above their pay grade.

In increaseingly rough times body armour will be a premium.

jj

Mexico: Hard to tell the bad guys from the good guys down there...I wouldn't go unless I needed to be there, needed some adrenaline...either way...your either under the radar, or your in an armoured car, armed to the teeth...

Lot of guns bought here in America but people don't buy body armour. In the future there are going to be alot of people who see that mistake in their planning and stratagies. At least body armour will give you a chance to shoot back in some cases.

jj

If someone really wants to kill you, there's nothing you can do about it.

They might die in the process as well, but then some don't care.

Hard to prepare for that.

I have no answer for you. I will point out that alot of murders like this are done to you in your vehicle. You are trapped in the rig and an easy target. These people might have lived in an armoured vehicle but that armour was probably above their pay grade.

In increaseingly rough times body armour will be a premium.

jj

The part in red puts a fine point on things. Different thread.
I submit that there is not much one can do other than avoiding possible "danger zones".

I also believe those "zones" aren't known until they are "in our kitchen"

I have no plans to ever go to Mexico again (or India, Iraq, Turk, Georgia, etc)

I live in PDX, Vancouver, Bamberg(Bavaria) the "Sheeple" in me dictates that I am relatively safe(for now)

I agree if you are sparrowed out. Alone you are at the mercy of the killer if unprepared and not paying attention. Being a hard target when things get rough is going to take a little help from your friends. Just opinion of course.

jj

Here in Portland you cant tell the good guys from the bad guys.

Lat week I took my 6yo daughter with me to the golf driving range. After I hit some balls I let her do some putting on the practice green. 5 Mexican guys that looked like part of a gang walked up to the edge of the green and started talking in Spanish to each other while they continued to advance closer and closer towards us and behind me. I keep an eye on my daughter and an eye on those guys. All I had was my putter that my daughter had in her hands for protection. I do not understand Spanish but I understand body language pretty well. No one else was around at that moment and if it wasn't for my size (6ft 120lbs and not fat) and the I'll kill you look if you come 1 step closer that I gave them. I feel it would have been hands on. They said something then walked away.

No it is not safer here then Mexico for sure.

The part in red puts a fine point on things. Different thread.
I submit that there is not much one can do other than avoiding possible "danger zones".

I also believe those "zones" aren't known until they are "in our kitchen"

I have no plans to ever go to Mexico again (or India, Iraq, Turk, Georgia, etc)

I live in PDX, Vancouver, Bamberg(Bavaria) the "Sheeple" in me dictates that I am relatively safe(for now)

The police go into zones every day and have arms and armour to meet what they expect. Plus they have a partner in most cases. I believe a man should be no less prepared when things are ugly. Preparing ones family in a protective stratagy would seem prudent if you believe things will get worse.

The war in Mexico is just a begining of the violence if the economy fails you will be in a third world nation in a heartbeat. What is your stratagies for that?

jj

I'm talking about what each one of us does every day. Walk out of the house and get in the car, if someone is waiting somewhere...you'll get sniped and die.

Remember the DC sniper...

I understand the other stuff...that goes without saying. Keep your head up and be aware of your surroundings.

I'm talking about what each one of us does every day. Walk out of the house and get in the car, if someone is waiting somewhere...you'll get sniped and die.

Remember the DC sniper...

I understand the other stuff...that goes without saying. Keep your head up and be aware of your surroundings.

well at least you wont have to pay taxes anymore~!~! or worry about who's doing what~!~~~~!

Lat week I took my 6yo daughter with me to the golf driving range. After I hit some balls I let her do some putting on the practice green. 5 Mexican guys that looked like part of a gang walked up to the edge of the green and started talking in Spanish to each other while they continued to advance closer and closer towards us and behind me. I keep an eye on my daughter and an eye on those guys. All I had was my putter that my daughter had in her hands for protection. I do not understand Spanish but I understand body language pretty well. No one else was around at that moment and if it wasn't for my size (6ft 120lbs and not fat) and the I'll kill you look if you come 1 step closer that I gave them. I feel it would have been hands on. They said something then walked away.

I never take my family anywhere without being armed now days. Never used to be that way but things are changeing. Five against one is very poor odds unless you have a gun.

jj

They might have been commenting on your stroke technique and probably were discussin the way your posture was when you were lining up for the swing.....its possible?

I have to respectfully disagree on that point...a little too fatalistic, a little too 'all is lost' for me. I come from the school that every problem has a solution.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top