JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just want to be left alone and I'll stay in my lane if you stay in your lane too. Hopefully we can pool resources to hold off grabbers when we need to then back to our own lanes again

Guns for any and all just not people who keep voting and enacting grabber cadre and the extremely violent criminal offenders. Forgot to include here, PUNISH ONLY THE OFFENDERS NOT EVERYONE ELSE.

Don't care what political field you play, stop sh!tting on our rights. Thank you kindly.

Something something trading essential freedoms something something for temp security something something deserve neither - some old white guy in a galaxy far far away...
(Just a outline note the above mention is a sarcastic tag, please refrain from turning your keyboards from safe to cyclic. Thank you and be well!)

Last Edited:
Think of the "task" as trying to learn about guns and shooting. When trying to get into shooting, just worry about shooting first before talking other stuff.

I you and I met to try out a new gun that one of us owns and the other is interested in, wouldn't it be odd if I spent the whole time trying to get you to convert to a religion or party and making things contentious?

I didn't have to tell anyone I'm a "minority". They figured it our right away. It didn't matter because we were there to shoot. I didn't make it an issue. Some people want to make their identity an issue before things even get started.
I understand everything posted here. I agree.

I only question is if this applies to both sides? Would the immediate response about voting or not voting for Biden be a breach of this task?

There's your answer ;)
Gotcha!

Just trying to showcase the factthat it needs to be in both sides.

In my experience, it's not exactly the type like the one in that video that break the pointers you posted in the OP.

I'm curious, say in the scenario you and I go shooting. I'm liberal, you're not. We speak nothing of politics, have a good time shooting together. Talk smack about each other's groups. Then another person at the same range doesn't stay on task and brings up politics. Would I be allowed to engage with that person on regards to politics? Since, they broke the code first? Could I then freely speak about my politics like that person di?

Is that perhaps a part of the gun culture that needs to change? Both sides need to not talk politics, period.

Does one side of the political isle feel like they own the 2nd amendment more than the other?

Gotcha!

Just trying to showcase the factthat it needs to be in both sides.

In my experience, it's not exactly the type like the one in that video that break the pointers you posted in the OP.

I'm curious, say in the scenario you and I go shooting. I'm liberal, you're not. We speak nothing of politics, have a good time shooting together. Talk smack about each other's groups. Then another person at the same range doesn't stay on task and brings up politics. Would I be allowed to engage with that person on regards to politics? Since, they broke the code first? Could I then freely speak about my politics like that person di?

Is that perhaps a part of the gun culture that needs to change? Both sides need to not talk politics, period.

Does one side of the political isle feel like they own the 2nd amendment more than the other?

I think my OP is more a reference for someone who is just starting to get into shooting, who needs any pointers or direction they can get. I think people from either "side" would help someone who was humble, interested, asked relevant questions, and demonstrated that it wasn't going in one ear and out the other. Once established, you can be more yourself because everyone still has the knowledge that you're a shooter and maybe knows you tell your representatives to respect your rights.

In your scenario, I'm pretty sure we'd both tell the guy to get bent. It ain't easy having pals.

I didn't know owning a gun made me cultural.

Am I a part of the ratchet wrench culture? Cordless drill?

Gasoline powered cutting tools are kinda my thing, maybe their culture will let me in without a 10-step process.

I think my OP is more a reference for someone who is just starting to get into shooting, who needs any pointers or direction they can get. I think people from either "side" would help someone who was humble, interested, asked relevant questions, and demonstrated that it wasn't going in one ear and out the other. Once established, you can be more yourself because everyone still has the knowledge that you're a shooter and maybe knows you tell your representatives to respect your rights.

In your scenario, I'm pretty sure we'd both tell the guy to get bent. It ain't easy having pals.
I've bit my tongue more than I'd like to admit, at the gun range. Some folks just run their mouth more on politics than they really should.

I get both sides of the coin.

I'm in agreement with you on most of your pointers. Especially the one in regards to staying on task. So many things would be avoided if we just stayed on task and talked about guns only.

I understand you meant to demonstrate what someone new to the scene should do, but I would say some of those numbered pointers apply to all of us equally new and old.

I don't know about this? I believe I grew up giving automatic respect to my elders. At that age that was most every one. From the punkish high school kid when I was in 6th grade, to the people that lived on our street. I was always friendly and respectful with the older folks where I live. If they told me I was doing something I shouldn't, I respected it. They were my elder. I like to think I was/am smart enough to know when someone does not deserve the respect. I feel that I still live my life by having respect from the get-go for the people I meet. at least until I learn if/when they no longer deserve respect.

This is where I see a distinct difference in respecting someone vs treating them politely / respectfully.

I have great contempt for some of my wives "friends" based on the type of people they are and how they have treated her in the past. I still am polite and treat them respectfully in the off chance I can't avoid interacting with them, but I don't respect them.

This is where I see a distinct difference in respecting someone vs treating them politely / respectfully.

I have great contempt for some of my wives "friends" based on the type of people they are and how they have treated her in the past. I still am polite and treat them respectfully in the off chance I can't avoid interacting with them, but I don't respect them.

If someone treated my wife/children/friends badly, they're fair game and I can be brutal. And loud.

If someone treated my wife/children/friends badly, they're fair game and I can be brutal. And loud.

I agree - however, since my wife hasn't developed the self confidence (yet) to see their behavior as abusive, and still tries to maintain their friendship despite their transgressions, rather make a major ruckus which will most likely cause her to defend them more, I'm choosing to try the long term approach which I am hoping will lead her to decide to cut them out of her life herself, that will ultimately be much stronger and longer lasting than me becoming a giant bubblegum in everyone's eyes (except my own).

You can lead a horse to water....

+1000

Being respectful and respecting someone are two completely different things.

I would want to be treated respectfully, and I in turn treat others respectfully.

I wouldn't expect some one to respect me nor should they expect me to respect them.

I would likely lose respect for someone if they expected respect without treating me respectfully.

A famous guy once said, love your neighbor (treat your neighbor?) as you would want to be loved/treated. He also said, give your enemy your coat.

I'm not adding to that, but, keep your eyes and mind open. Learn stuff. Be kind.

and, I think we have on both sides, a serious problem of demonizing the opposition and then never seeing anything else...

ok, I'll shut up now ;)

Number 3 " Your opinions don't matter yet."
I think for most of us this is kind of true, but a little overstated. The truth is that there *IS* a difference between the opinion of someone who's been doing something, or working with something for half a lifetime, and the uninformed opinion of the "new guy". Whether it's dry wall installation, electrical work, firearms, livestock, or nearly any other endeavor, there's a lot to be said for experience.

This goes directly against what our kids have been taught in school for the last couple of decades, namely that every opinion is equally as valid as any other, and that facts are optional. It drives me right up the wall when I tell my 25 year old that *THIS IS THE WAY IT ACTUALLY IS*, and he replies with, "Yes, but I think it's this way." That works when you are playing Dungeons and Dragons, but not with 480 volt circuits.

I agree - however, since my wife hasn't developed the self confidence (yet) to see their behavior as abusive, and still tries to maintain their friendship despite their transgressions, rather make a major ruckus which will most likely cause her to defend them more, I'm choosing to try the long term approach which I am hoping will lead her to decide to cut them out of her life herself, that will ultimately be much stronger and longer lasting than me becoming a giant bubblegum in everyone's eyes (except my own).

You can lead a horse to water....

So, you're gonna start walking around nekkid when they come over? Strong move!

I feel this is the main disconnect people feel towards the 2A that it is inherently right wing conservative only and you MUST conform to partake, which is entirely false but I do not feel most newbs or even some long time owners grasp this concept.

Everyone is welcome cept for the grabbers and people who've demonstrated they cannot be safe nor trusted with firearms but as such ONLY those people should be punished. To rest do as you please and live your life how you wish but plz remember to mind Ps and Q's for everyone else and that we all share this right. So please stop allowing (all sides) to be used a stepping stones for those who wish to rob us. That alone we should all recognize and agree to respect off the bat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top