JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your Relationship with your Spouse?

• We are best friends and share everything.

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • We each do our own thing but don't always tell each other about purchases.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I hide everything I can do my spouse doesn't find out!

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My spouse would skin me alive if she caught me bringing in new guns/ammo!

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I kicked my spouse to the curb and am happily married to my gun collection.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I am single and wish I had changed some of my habits so that I did not end up divorced.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I don't need no stinking spouse!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I'm am only allowed X amount of guns.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mine bought me a small long gun safe so I could have quick access to a loaded shotgun while home and at night.

Has mentioned a few times about converting a storage room in the basement into a gun room where I can mount guns on the wall and set up a reloading area and cleaning area.

I just might do that one of these days when I have more guns, money and time:rolleyes::cool:

^ Live, love, and share. Life is good. :D

and after all these years you still make my heart go :s0116:. Of course it helps that, as you say, i+like+big+brains+and+i+cannot+lie.jpg

Granted, I also love your...taste in jewelry.

When I bought the safe a few years ago, I talked her into going big with something along the lines of "We can keep the important family docs and heirloom jewelry and yada yada in there". She knew what was in there the first couple of years and I would show her when I brought new stuff home. Sometimes it ended with "that's nice" or "I like that one", sometimes it didn't. After a while, that "other stuff" found new places to reside outside the safe. It also helped that she just accepted the fact that guns are like people. Put some in the same room long enough and they will multiply. She jabs me here and there when the safe is open about one she may not have seen before but it's light hearted. As long as the bills are paid and money in our accounts, life is good.

Been married almost 34years My owning firearms has never been an issue nor has my wife owning firearms been an issue. That I own more then she does never comes up. I have my hobby money she has hers. I no that some of my paycheck goes to pay for some of her hobbies. But thats ok since for the 14 years I was a Custom Knifemaker she carried the bulk of the bills and such.

this one wife is the best investment I have ever made.

My SO tells me that I am buying too many guns, I currently have 3... she thinks I should not be looking for another gun until she looks at her faux fur coat collection, then she thinks she should be more supportive of my new hobby. I chose the first option. I mostly don't have more firearms because I am broke and have expensive tastes. Also, most of what I want is already in the family and can be shot just about any time I want (granted if ammo is available).

[edit; she wants the faux fur emphesized...]

Last Edited:
I met the then future mrs tac at an archery club in 1971. Six weeks later we got married, and I instantly left her to go the Cyprus for three years [she joined me about two months later, BTW, when our rental home in Famagusta became available]. We arched for the almost three years we were in Cyprus, and then took up where I had left off shooting firearms on our RTUK. I bought more, and so did she, all on my 'ticket' for ease of administration. For the next few years we carried on the pattern of club shooting as it is done here in UK, as well as shooting for the Army, the RAF and tri-service. I spent a LOT of time with the RAF, hence my becoming one of the founder members of the RAF Pistol club, in spite of wearing a green beret rather than a natty blue one.

All that changed in 1986, when I had to get rid of seven semi-auto centrefires, and then again in 1997/8 when I had to get rid of a huge collection of handguns, keeping only a couple of BP revolvers. Mrs tac lost interest in a big way, as she equated all the palaver of loading up a front-stuffer with housework, rather than shooting, and gave up shooting anything at all.

My purchasing power here in yUK is, in any event, seriously stalled because of the local politics of the county chief constable, who is carrying on the fifteen-year-old 'limit on firearms holdings' inspired by his three-times predecessor, who was not only a silly girl, but openly disliked the idea of so many people having guns of any kind. This, folks, is the largest rural county bar one in the entire UK, and farmers DO like their shotguns, right? Plus we have an over-abundance of deer, foxes and stuff like that, and a huge game-bird population that has to be protected until we can kill them ourselves.The LAW makes absolutely NO limitations on the number of firearms that you have, simply that you provide the requisite level of security for them. The girl cop decided that six was ummm-OK, twelve was close approaching private army level, and any more was utterly ludicrous, and made a decision based on thin air that anybody wishing to acquire more than that should have FFL-level security in their home.

I had, back then, eighteen.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

The facts are simple - here in UK, only one incident involving a shooting has been recorded in this county since 1998, when Tony Martin used an illegally-held shotgun to plotz a couple of gyppoes, killing one of them, after a series of burglaries in his remote farmhouse left him desperate for some kind of protection that does not, in this country, exist, namely a pro-active police force.

So, thoughout our almost 46 years of marriage, mrs tac has been totally supportive of my need to ignite powder and send ammunition down-range, which makes me very lucky and very aware of my good fortune in meeting her all those years ago.

tac

Mrs. Teflon has her own pistol and CHL. Good shot. She's conservative, responsible and participative. Especially when her little soldier boy comes home on leave and we go turn money into noise, even if it's freezing and windy like last time - her idea.

On this topic, I saw a thread here a few years ago about the various weapons that members hope to acquire next. One post started with...

"I need... no wait a second, I'm not married anymore... I want a..."

Our relationships are basically the same but she doesn't like to shoot in the cold or wet.:D

When I met Wife she had shot a .22 as a kid and that was it. Bought her a .22 pistol to learn, then took her to get permit, then a 5 shot 38. For years she was not real interested but did shoot with me maybe every 3d time. Did at one time grouch about money spent on guns. So we went around and looked at her "hobbies". How much an item was purchased for, what it was worth now. Then said look in the safe. I can tell you what was paid for each one and what they would sell for today cash. None have gone down. She stopped complaining. Told her when I die you can sell them all. After 15 years or so something changed. Come home one day and see a new Ruger box laying there. She had been looking at a special run 10/22 that they made for Wally and bought one. Was not long before I came home a few times to see a new hand gun had appeared. She often heads out to the range on her own when I am working or sleeping now. Life is good :)

My SO tells me that I am buying too many guns, I currently have 3... she thinks I should not be looking for another gun until she looks at her faux fur coat collection, then she thinks she should be more supportive of my new hobby. I chose the first option. I mostly don't have more firearms because I am broke and have expensive tastes. Also, most of what I want is already in the family and can be shot just about any time I want (granted if ammo is available).

[edit; she wants the faux fur emphesized...]

Plus you have other Hobbies like fishing that takes a good amount of on money.
I on the other hand make it my life's work to catch as many fish as I need to feed the clan. Honey, you can't put a price per pound on the amount of bounty I put in the freezer..... You just can't....:p:p:p

We've been married for 35 years half of that I was on the road working somewhere else. Only after we had settled down in one place did the madness ensue and the first gun safe was bought.
I hunted many years and had the typical tools for the trade, a 10-22, 30-30, 30-06 and two 12 gauge shotguns.
Home defense is the highest priority for me being the Caveman who had sworn to protect said clan. I needed more tools which was acceptable to the Mrs as she has her own gun & CPL.
When I bought the first AR things changed, I started building & reloading and my love for woodworking took a back seat.
During those years my wife's jewelry collection also grew....
Life's good here.:p

Oh, your poll did not have the exact reference so I didn't vote...:D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany