JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your Relationship with your Spouse?

• We are best friends and share everything.

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • We each do our own thing but don't always tell each other about purchases.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I hide everything I can do my spouse doesn't find out!

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My spouse would skin me alive if she caught me bringing in new guns/ammo!

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I kicked my spouse to the curb and am happily married to my gun collection.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I am single and wish I had changed some of my habits so that I did not end up divorced.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I don't need no stinking spouse!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I'm am only allowed X amount of guns.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There needs to be one that says "We are best friends but I hide some stuff from her" option.

I mean lets all be real we all hide something from our wives! o_O
like half the guns in my safe
All the ammo I have
The gun that I bought her and kept for myself
Why I needed a second safe
why I couldn't afford to buy her a new ring
The jig that we purchased to make 80% lowers

Stuff like that. :p:D

I thought my fiancé and I were cool. I had taken her shooting several times. She loved it. Was pretty good at it too. Then one day...I got THE QUESTION...

Her: "Just how many guns do you own anyway?"

Me: *deer in the headlight, but I put on my BIG BOY pants* 14 Sweetie! (and yes I realize 14 is nothing compared to what some of you have *hangs head in shame*)

Her: 14!! Why does anyone need 14 guns!?

Me: *silence*

Her: Hmmm...well...I gueeeeess it's ok because you don't really spend money on much else

Me: Um thanks?? I didn't ask for your permission love.

Her: *now with raised eyebrows and hands on hip asking again* Why do you need 14 guns!?

Me: *taking her hand and leading her to her closet*. Just how many pairs of black shoes do you have anyway sweetie? Let's count shall we...1...4...17...26! You have 26 pairs of black shoes. Just what does anyone need 26 pairs of black shoes for anyway my love?

Her: *no longer amused and getting quite pissed off*

Me: I'm so glad we had this conversation today sweetie! I feel so much closer to you. Let us never speak of such trivial things again!

There's a reason she's my EX Fiancé. Sadly and unfortunately, this was just the tip of the iceberg.

I thought my fiancé and I were cool. I had taken her shooting several times. She loved it. Was pretty good at it too. Then one day...I got THE QUESTION...

Me: *deer in the headlight, but I put on my BIG BOY pants* 14 Sweetie! (and yes I realize 14 is nothing compared to what some of you have *hangs head in shame*)

Her: Hmmm...well...I gueeeeess it's ok because you don't really spend money on much else

Her: *now with raised eyebrows and hands on hip asking again* Why do you need 14 guns!?

Me: *taking her hand and leading her to her closet*. Just how many pairs of black shoes do you have any way sweetie? Let's count shall we...1...4...17...26! You have 26 pairs of black shoes. Just what does anyone need 26 pairs of black shoes for anyway my love?

Me: I'm so glad we had this conversation today sweetie! I feel so much closer to you. Let us never speak of such trivial things again!

There's a reason she's my EX Fiancé. Sadly and unfortunately, this was just the tip of the iceberg.

And you miss her why? Perhaps you should have used one of your loafers as a suppository while she was headed for the back door. ;)

Me: *taking her hand and leading her to her closet*. Just how many pairs of black shoes do you have anyway sweetie? Let's count shall we...1...4...17...26! You have 26 pairs of black shoes. Just what does anyone need 26 pairs of black shoes for anyway my love?

That's funny:D

When I had a larger collection I would forget about a gun here or there. At a dinner party with her coworkers the topic hit guns and one of the bigger drinkers in the group said very loudly, at least louder then I was comfortable with, "Let's go with them! He has lots of guns!".

My wife later asked me just how many I had, cuz somehow she had told her closer work buddies I had a lot, and it took me three days to give her a final number lol. I forgot about that inherited one or the one that's a project etc. I didn't catch flak for it but her idea of a lot and mine were 2 very different numbers;)

I know where and what I have now that it has been slimmed down:oops::rolleyes:

I used to have to sneak guns into the house after the wife went to bed. Now I clean them on the kitchen table, suck it ex wife! My new rule I take new dates to my gun room after the first date, if they run out of the house no second date lol.

The Mrs has her own pistol collection and doesn't mind a new firearm every now and then as long as the bills are paid. But then again she was the one that told me to get the NR Commander when I was fudging on it.:)

My wife is my best friend and we love just hanging out together.

That being said she noticed Curt's has an add on Facebook for the Glock19x and she says, you don't have one of those Glocks...do you need one? :)

No option really explains my wife.

She knows about everything that she asks about as I'll never lie to her, and she never lies to me.

If she doesn't ask...

My wife is my best friend and we love just hanging out together.

That being said she noticed Curt's has an add on Facebook for the Glock19x and she says, you don't have one of those Glocks...do you need one? :)

Very nice:cool:.

Honestly, I expected slightly different numbers then what the poll shows.

Sounds like my Ex-Wife. Ancient history.

She doesn't understand why I have so many of the same gun and doesn't really get it when I explain that I need them because each is a little different. A few are 1903 and there are three different manufacturers and lots of variants. A lot are 03a3's and there are two manufacturers and lots of variants. Then there are the Garands, Remington's, etc. 15 or so .30-06's.

But she humours me, lets me have a whole end of the house dedicated to my sickness, and has found a way to grow my collection over the last year on only one income while I finished school. She supported us while I ran my own shop. Even if she doesn't understand, she does support. Must be a keeper...

Honestly, I'm kind of in a relationship and kind of not at the moment. The lady in question isn't a fan, but at the same time really doesn't hassle me over it. Should that change, well guns tend to last longer than relationships.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews