JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
at a guess, i would have to say $400. I have 2 10/22's and neither one has been modified. Both have mannlicher stocks. One is SS and never fired. the other blued with a scope. couldn't imagine what to mod. them with.

It's funny you ask because I just built one from scratch this month.

Kidd receiver 200.00
kidd bolt, handle and spring, pins, etc 175.00
Volquartsen Trigger 189.00
Yukon stock 135.00
Tactical solutions barrel 179.00
transfer fee for receiver 20.00

So far at $898.00

Leupold scope on the way....
Tactical innovations amuminum mag ordered today, 70.00

1022.jpg

It's expensive but it is a blast to shoot. Also I didnt build it for resale, I built it to shoot. I put 400 rounds through it today

I like ugly guns (I know somethings wrong with me) and then making them pretty. Bought a ugly 10/22 and started collecting so after spending $300 I got to thinking why not build your first AR it will be about the same price as a top notch 10/22 so thats what IM doing. I have 3 Marlins and they all are very good shooters for less than $100 with optics.

I 'was' going to drop a load more coin on mine, but after the barrel replacement, new stock and a trigger mods, I realized that i'd probably gone far enough. My totaly stock 10/22 shoots just as well, it just does not look as cool.

So in answer, how much....nothing more than the stock purchase price for something that can get the job done :) (In hindsight)

Dumping huge amounts of money into a 10/22 is sort of like gold-plating a Bic pen.

10/22's were put upon this earth to satisfy man's desire for a bullet hose that is cheap to feed. Once you get beyond the basic mods like a scope and some Butler Creek 25-rounders, you will start slamming head first into the brick wall that is the Law of Diminishing Returns.

It depends on if its to be used for recreating or for competing. If its a full blown race gun, then they can easily reach $1000 (and be worth it), especially with gunsmithing costs (and I don't consider putting a new barrel on with a v-block to be gunsmithing). Machining off the v-block area, threading the receiver and threading on a new barrel, drilling a hole in the rear of the receiver so the barrel can be properly cleaned, bedding the gun into a stock, etc, etc, etc. Lots that can be done to a race-gun.

For a rec-gun, changing a barrel and stock and maybe adding a basic scope. I wouldn't pay much more than $450 to $500 for a recreational gun...

It's really hard to get more than $400 for a 10/22, people just don't understand the additions that have installed on the gun.

You have a hard time doing a stock and barrel and be in it under $400. Base rifle is $200, stock $100, barrel $100 minimum, your at $400 already. You can do the rest of the mods with oem parts but your time is worth something. I now guys that have over 1k easy in their all aftermarket 10/22's.

There's a lot of satisfaction in building a 1/2moa 10/22 but don't plan on getting your money back unless you are a pretty good 10/22 smith.

Damn nice Charger cyclesarge:s0155:

Modding my 10/22 was never about resale or even accuracy. It was my first gun, my trainer, and I treated it like an adult Lego kit; I did complete teardowns just to figure out the mechanims. I saved for a blued carbine during high school. Over the next ten years its gotten a hogue stock, clerke barrel, two cheap scopes, a couple cheapo red dots, and a few drop in parts like a mag release, bolt handle, and sear. Probably got about 15 factory mags now too. Everything bought at different times. I went from nickel to dime size groups, but the point was the tinkering. If I lost mine and had to buy a new one, I'd get a savage mark ii. :p

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top