JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread makes me smile. I picked up a 10/22 as my first gun a few weeks ago. And I love it.

I spent ~$250 for the "all weather" model at Bi-Mart. As of now, I can see spending about $200 on little things like extra magazines, sling & mounts, optics, and hard case.

The only "mod" I'm currently considering is an <broken link removed> , because the bolt release action has initially confused everyone I've seen shoot it...including myself!

It's funny you ask because I just built one from scratch this month.

Kidd receiver 200.00
kidd bolt, handle and spring, pins, etc 175.00
Volquartsen Trigger 189.00
Yukon stock 135.00
Tactical solutions barrel 179.00
transfer fee for receiver 20.00

So far at $898.00

Leupold scope on the way....
Tactical innovations amuminum mag ordered today, 70.00

1022.jpg

It's expensive but it is a blast to shoot. Also I didnt build it for resale, I built it to shoot. I put 400 rounds through it today

This is a gorgeous gun!!!!!!

Here's what I've been working on.
Basic 10-22 action:200.00
Evolution americana stock:150.00
Whistling Pig barrel:250.00
Optics and mounts:160.00
Misc. parts:60.00
And I haven't even started to work on the trigger group yet.

DSCN2411.jpg

I got by cheap on my two builds.

Well used 10/22 $100
krinker kit $200
Pair of TI mags $80

PICT0002Small-1-1.jpg
PICT0003Small-1.jpg
PICT0001Medium-2.jpg

Spent more on the rifle.

used rifle less stock, barrel and mag $100
new/used Fajen stock and GM barrel $180
Scope and mounts $150
Straight leg trigger $25
small parts $10
20hrs putzing around in the shop $0

I tried a couple of different trigger return spring arrangements. Ended up with a 8oz trigger, I could get it down to 6oz but started having reset issues. Adding a set-screw to the sear really helps with the fine tuning. Adding two set-screw to each side of the receiver to lock the trigger housing is a big help.

1022.jpg
102201-1.jpg

My 10/22 was $159 at Bi-Mart (blued with a black plastic stock).

Threading the barrel (and keeping the front sight on there) at Tornado Technologies was another $150

So far $309

I guess TI mags and whatnot might add more to the total, but those were gifts.

Its only My opinion,But a used, stock ruger 10/22 is worth about $135.00. Am I wrong here? A blued gun, with a black plastic stock, correct?
They go for a lot more than that at most of the gun shows around here. Typically asking $225, going for $175 to $200 depending on condition. Mostly what you are paying for is an unpapered receiver.

I'm referring to the WAC shows, where the prices are a bit lower, and the Wes Knodel shows, where the prices tend to be a bit higher.

It's America, do what you want and drop as much as you like. I have the M14 disease. I have spent an obscene amount of money on my M14 clone and I'm not done. Accuracy is great, but not stellar yet and may never be as good as a bolt gun which will cost half the price for a top of the line tacticool rifle.

As has been mentioned before, I don't buy guns for resale value. I just accept the cost to get what I want. The sky's the limit with some of these guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top