JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many hours of sleep per night do you need?

• 2-4

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • 6-7

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 7-8

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • 8-9

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 10+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I usually go to bed between 11.00-11.30, finally get to sleep about 12-12.30. wake up multiple times through the night from back pain. Get up between 4.30 and 6.30 depends on my back. Have not used a alarm clock in 15 years. Hate pain meds. so I do not take them, Advil helps take the edge off some nights but I do not like taking them for more than a couple nights. When I was a kid I could sleep all night and half the day, ahh those where the days!

I'm the same way been to several docs and therapists for back issues and all they usually want to do is give pain meds or muscle relaxers.
No Thanks.

When My back is really tight I will take Ibuprofen before bed and sleep pretty good.

My stepdad had really bad back issues and could only really sleep sitting up in his recliner so he would sleep in it for 3-4 hours then go to bed and sleep for about 2 hours before he had to get up. Usually around 4am.

He ended up getting a fancy expensive sleep number bed and has been pretty happy with it. Said it was the first time he slept 8 hours straight in years.

But I don't have thousands to spend on a bed.

I'm hurting for sleep now but then it seems like I am always hurting for sleep. I've been working a 4 day/10 hrs night shift for about 19 years now and I still haven't got the sleep portion figured out. On my work days I take two naps during the day and try to catch up on sleep on my weekends.

That's just how it is. :( I'm planning on retiring in 02/19 (this is a second career.) I hope I make it. Maybe I'll have the sleep thing figured out by then. :oops:

I'm hurting for sleep now but then it seems like I am always hurting for sleep. I've been working a 4 day/10 hrs night shift for about 19 years now and I still haven't got the sleep portion figured out. On my work days I take two naps during the day and try to catch up on sleep on my weekends.

That's just how it is. :( I'm planning on retiring in 02/19 (this is a second career.) I hope I make it. Maybe I'll have the sleep thing figured out by then. :oops:

You'll make it, I'm sure if that. Figuring out sleep on a 4 day night shift is pretty horrible for sleep and life.

2 more years though and it's all easy mornings from there on out:rolleyes:.

I get 5-6, do better with 7-8; 38 yo, pretty consistent schedule, early to bed (8sh) early to rise, (4ish)... usually toss and turn a bit around 1-3; I work with teams in Europe, so sometimes conference calls make early mornings.

5 hours is my magic number. In bed by 11, up at 5:00. But it takes me a long time to shut off my brain and actually sleep.

Ive been good at getting my 8 hours of sleep that I need. Starting next week, I might cut down to 7-7.5 hours of sleep as ive decided to get my workouts out of the way before work instead of waiting til after work and eating late.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top