JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I have a line on a whole bunch of lead in one big ingot. Any idea what the per-pound price of one big lead ingot would be worth? If I were to cut it up into smaller chunks and resell it for bullet casters and fishing weight pourers how much could I get per pound?

Thanks,

Greg

Retail in 1lb pure lead ingots its $1.50 lb at Olies gun shop in Salem

With volume the price would go down. Recently there was a guy here in Salem area selling pure lead in any amount over 20 lbs (he had LOTS AND LOTS of lead) and he was asking $1.00 a lb.

for scrap, unknown lead you're at the very top of the price spectrum at $1/lb, many will give you .50c/lb for unknown scrap. Just remember, if you're doing this to "make a bunch of money" you still have to break it down into manageable chunks, and all the while you're competing with people who have been doing it a while and either buy lead alloys, or scrap out wheel weights.

Back when I was doing a lot of cast bullets, I was buying washed reclaimed shot for $.75/lb. Nice thing was, didn't have to melt it down, break it up, just had to go over and scoop up a bucket full.

I won't pay over $0.50 lb I see it all the time for $1 but wait a week and you will find it for $0.50 or less. I bought 110 pounds of pure lead last week for $30 that ended up being 150+ pounds when I weighed it at home it is pure lead which matters little to me as I have a yard sale find of tin solder that I'm still working on

I won't pay over $0.50 lb I see it all the time for $1 but wait a week and you will find it for $0.50 or less. I bought 110 pounds of pure lead last week for $30 that ended up being 150+ pounds when I weighed it at home it is pure lead which matters little to me as I have a yard sale find of tin solder that I'm still working on

I get my lead for free from a local shooting ranges berm behind the targets before they open (with permission, of course, from the owner).
But then I need to smelt it to remove the copper jackets, then mold ingots.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top