JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering that it is close to the equivalent of 26 thousand 148 gr wadcutters, and that the tooling and supplies are already collected....it would seem to be a fair market price.

Would hate to fund the powder and primer purchase though.:(

Though @oremike would be more knowledgeable on material cost than my guesses.

Edit to add: I was wowed by the 26,000 potential wadcutters.
I would have to shoot as fast as Jerry Charles Miculek Jr. to burn through that quantity of lead...before I reached the grave.

Last Edited:
Quite a collection there. Agreed, the pricing seems to be about right for all that's included. Great for someone just getting into casting/reloading. Interesting that some of the lead comes in the form of window weights from old wooden sash windows. Know this from re-roping them when the ropes would wear out.

Considering that it is close to the equivalent of 26 thousand 148 gr wadcutters, and that the tooling and supplies are already collected....it would seem to be a fair market price.

I would have to shoot as fast as Jerry Charles Miculek Jr. to burn through that quantity of lead...before I reached the grave.
1690046784568.png

Now THAT'S a lot of wad cutters!

Thanks for linking in the ad @Mikej !

That's a very well thought out ad posting.

The sellers also included low/used average pricing they had observed on ebay&forums, which is extremely helpful to folks which may not be as familiar with the goings on with casting equipment pricing.

They also note that there is more than what is listed...

Intriguing for sure!

I don't cast my bullets I buy them pre-made so I have no idea as to fair value. I will say if one wanted to get in to casting this might be a good place to start. I don't see a book or hardness tester in the add so you want to ask about those I would think.

It's a well written ad.
If you're getting into casting, you'd do better to piece it together over time.
There are many members here who are active over on Cast Boolits and deeply knowledgeable on the subject.
In 2016, I contacted a NWFA member about the Posness Warren press he had for sale. Wound up buying his casting lot too, all for a grand.
It had 600# of lead, easily 300 of it in Lyman #2, two casting furnaces, one bottom pour, ladles, double the count of moulds (none Lee - all were Lyman, Redding, RCBS or Hensley-Gibbs), six Lyman lubri-sizers, dies and top punches for all the moulds and then some, easily a dozen handles, about six pounds of wax, over 2k gas checks for each caliber (22, 25, 284, 30, 357, 40, 41, 429, & 451), thousands of already cast bullets, and 10+ RCBS ingot trays.
He tossed in a 2nd PW shotgun press too. He was moving and didn't want to haul all of it.
Shortly afterward, I gave away a bunch of the molds and traded some others.
Since then, I've cast a ton of 9mm, 357, 429, and 492 round ball, not touching anything else. I rarely use the gas checks, preferring to powder coat. I find the lee bullet sizers are much easier than the Lubrisizer 450's.
My point being, if you want to dive in, the listing is a great way. I'd suggest dipping a toe first, patiently watching for deals, and judiciously buying as you need/want. There's a helluva learning curve.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top