JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I have a line on a whole bunch of lead in one big ingot. Any idea what the per-pound price of one big lead ingot would be worth? If I were to cut it up into smaller chunks and resell it for bullet casters and fishing weight pourers how much could I get per pound?

Thanks,

Greg

Retail in 1lb pure lead ingots its $1.50 lb at Olies gun shop in Salem

With volume the price would go down. Recently there was a guy here in Salem area selling pure lead in any amount over 20 lbs (he had LOTS AND LOTS of lead) and he was asking $1.00 a lb.

for scrap, unknown lead you're at the very top of the price spectrum at $1/lb, many will give you .50c/lb for unknown scrap. Just remember, if you're doing this to "make a bunch of money" you still have to break it down into manageable chunks, and all the while you're competing with people who have been doing it a while and either buy lead alloys, or scrap out wheel weights.

Back when I was doing a lot of cast bullets, I was buying washed reclaimed shot for $.75/lb. Nice thing was, didn't have to melt it down, break it up, just had to go over and scoop up a bucket full.

I won't pay over $0.50 lb I see it all the time for $1 but wait a week and you will find it for $0.50 or less. I bought 110 pounds of pure lead last week for $30 that ended up being 150+ pounds when I weighed it at home it is pure lead which matters little to me as I have a yard sale find of tin solder that I'm still working on

I won't pay over $0.50 lb I see it all the time for $1 but wait a week and you will find it for $0.50 or less. I bought 110 pounds of pure lead last week for $30 that ended up being 150+ pounds when I weighed it at home it is pure lead which matters little to me as I have a yard sale find of tin solder that I'm still working on

I get my lead for free from a local shooting ranges berm behind the targets before they open (with permission, of course, from the owner).
But then I need to smelt it to remove the copper jackets, then mold ingots.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top