JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How do you like revolvers fed via moonclips?

• Yes! Can't get enough of them!

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • For a specific niche, it works.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Well, if I can use both clips or no clips in the wheelgun. If required, no thanks.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Nope, don't like them at all.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No experience with them, so, whatever.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Don't like revolvers in general.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Oh, do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
any particular issue with primer strike/firing pin? I tried a few times on my 610 & had inconsistent issues on rounds otherwise consistently reliable.
I have never had an issue with ignition, with or without moon clips. I would however, be certain the clips are not warped in any way. If a warped clip prevented the case from fully headspacing on the case mouth, the clip could act as a spring, absorbing some of the firing pin impact. The same thing could happen if using .40 S&W cartridges in a 10mm chamber, as the clip would provide all the headspacing.

I would be interested in any updates.

I just bought revolvers from Charter Arms they don't need moons to fire rimless, but they name them Pitbull and I hate pitbulls...............Moons would maybe be nice for reloading faster but for the revolvers I usually carry speed loaders are good enough.

I just bought revolvers from Charter Arms they don't need moons to fire rimless, but they name them Pitbull and I hate pitbulls...............Moons would maybe be nice for reloading faster but for the revolvers I usually carry speed loaders are good enough.
I recently acquired one in .44 Special. Handy little things.

1675365443327.png

Last Edited:
Moons would maybe be nice for reloading faster but for the revolvers I usually carry speed loaders are good enough.
I favor the 10-shot S&W 617 model. I favor the speed loaders for their design, with or without speed loader use. I can't imagine any aspect of rimfire moonclip set up. Never seen a model that uses them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top