JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All too similar to Ralph Yarl shooting. There are idiots out there and, unfortunately, many of them have guns. A lot of people need to stop viewing everything through a racial lense.

Well this posting is home grown and by someone with more than some experience with guns. You can't shoot unarmed strangers in your driveway or front porch without going to prison. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Maybe if you're so paranoid you feel the need to shoot somebody who comes up your driveway think about putting a gate across it?

Didn't o Rourke say that he was going to come and get the guns. How's that werkin for him? Still waiting for him and the vp to stop by and chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone is on edge and fearful due to rapidly increasing crime and not enough police to do anything about it. Makes for some stupid responses out of fear. I'd say be careful when approaching someone's home nowadays and hopefully let them know your coming. Simple breakin example I saw on nextdoor in Pdx this morning:

DC063055-F4BA-4195-A644-B68FA5586D6C.jpeg
Also I'm reminded of that thread of event in PDX where many motorcycles rides through back alleys terrorizing everyone. I think if they do that this year there is a good chance somebody will get shot. Came really close last year with guy confronting them with a gun. Poeple are fearful.

Last Edited:
People are tired. Cops aren't around. DAs don't prosecute.

The whole shoot first, ask questions later is become a real reality for some folks.

Plenty of people who are real dense between the ears own guns. Expect more/a lot more of this.

There are people who should not own guns. It's still their right. There are people who cannot own guns, they do anyway. People have guns. Stay off private property, the law only protects you AFTER you've been shot

Maybe if you're so paranoid you feel the need to shoot somebody who comes up your driveway think about putting a gate across it?
I almost never hear who drives up in my driveway - between the good insulation and my very poor hearing, delivery drivers come and go - usually without me noticing. E.G., this morning I thought I heard a thump and I thought maybe it was a bird or something hitting the house/windows/etc. (happens all the time), and 15 minutes later I get a text that an order had been delivered.

I am certainly not going to shoot someone who enters my driveway unless they are shooting at me (or pointing a gun or otherwise threatening me). I have to guess that this guy never gets anything delivered to his house or he would have been arrested a long time ago.

I almost never hear who drives up in my driveway - between the good insulation and my very poor hearing, delivery drivers come and go - usually without me noticing. E.G., this morning I thought I heard a thump and I thought maybe it was a bird or something hitting the house/windows/etc. (happens all the time), and 15 minutes later I get a text that an order had been delivered.
Driveway alarms are pretty sweet.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR