JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a m&p40c after trading my m&p9c for it. It's the only 40 I've had or even shot, but I didn't care for how the recoil felt. It was BAD, but I can get quicker follow up shots with both 9 and 45, especially the 9(duh, i know). But more, accurate rounds on target compared to fewer, slightly larger projectiles that aren't as accurate is better IMHO.

I havent had any interest in .40 for a long long time... carried a Glock 23 for work and didnt mind shooting it, but I never tried to have one outside of that.

Was really big into 9mm and recently went all .45acp. Getting into 40 just never occurred to me

Nope, not at all. All the cool kids use 9mm now. The few remaining .40 users are fair game for mockery and ridicule...
I bought a G23 during the last panic when you couldn't find 9mm ammo to save your life. I bought a 9mm barrel & mags for it and now I can shoot two calibers out of one gun.

Ask all the patrol LEOs that still carry them. I purchased a Glock 23 years ago that's been with me on many an outdoor trip. Works for me, no need to sell it. Haters gonna hate. But if I were a new buyer I probably would go with a 9.

Nope, not at all. All the cool kids use 9mm now. The few remaining .40 users are fair game for mockery and ridicule...
I am ashamed I have 4 40s.4 9MM and 4 45 acps.. I am even more ashamed that I saw a used Barret semi 50 caliber and pondered about 15 minutes if I really needed to buy it.

The 40 is fine. I prefer it over the 9 in every way except for the cost of the ammo for blasting. I certainly don't feel undergunned or uncool shooting
my G22s or BHP in 40. Frankly, no one notices what caliber I'm shooting anyway...

I am ashamed I have 4 40s.4 9MM and 4 45 acps.. I am even more ashamed that I saw a used Barret semi 50 caliber and pondered about 15 minutes if I really needed to buy it.

I was so shamed and embarrassed at owning a "Glock forty" that I traded it in on an 1895 Nagant, and got heavily into 7.62x38R. I haven't seen ANY of that ammo on the shelves for a long time, so it must be super cool! :)

I love my .40s (though I usually carry a 1911 in .45 because this is America after all).

Never had a reason to wear a skirt or carry a poodle shooter but I hear from a lot of those folks on here that their 9mm kraut fountains "can get the job done."

Guess they never heard of WWII.

Love the 40 but really love a 10mm
165gr (both)and 180gr esp in 10mm
Luckygunner blog about the effectiveness of pistol cals.
at distance 100yrds. 357sig didnt do so well.
I used to reload 180 Gn bullet with 5.7 gn 231 but i fell in love with a 165 Gn bullet with 5.4 231 a bit less recoil yet enough recoil to be fun. [40 S&W]

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top