JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a preparedness geek..but I am not in an area that will be effected by anything but a volcanic event in a serious way. Of course there are some things, like a nuclear war, that no amount of preparedness can mitigate. A major event in the Cascadia subduction zone is the worst case scenario for the Northwest. The geomorphology of the Southern Puget Sound could magnify a tsunami to epic proportions, couple that with the soil liquefaction that will occur in areas built on fill and the result might make Japan look like a picnic.

I started by picking a better place to live. Prep all you want, if you live in Seattle you are as good as dead.

Dead from what? If your alive your as good as dead no matter where you live. I think eastern WA has more contamination from hanford than we have here on the wet side. So do you risk long term low dose exposer or none with the possibility of a large scale incident?

Dead from what? If your alive your as good as dead no matter where you live. I think eastern WA has more contamination from hanford than we have here on the wet side. So do you risk long term low dose exposer or none with the possibility of a large scale incident?

If you live in the lowlands around the Sound your main threat is quake and tsunami. Of course if there ever is an all out war the Sound will boil.

geek [geek]
(plural geeks)
n
1. awkward person: somebody regarded as unattractive and socially awkward (insult)
2. comput obsessive computer user: somebody who is a proud or enthusiastic user of computers or other technology, sometimes to an excessive degree (informal)
3. performing arts outrageous carnival performer: a carnival performer whose act consists of outrageous feats such as biting the heads off live animals

:s0112::s0112::s0112: No I am not a geek.

jj

geek [geek]
(plural geeks)
n
1. awkward person: somebody regarded as unattractive and socially awkward (insult)
2. comput obsessive computer user: somebody who is a proud or enthusiastic user of computers or other technology, sometimes to an excessive degree (informal)
3. performing arts outrageous carnival performer: a carnival performer whose act consists of outrageous feats such as biting the heads off live animals

:s0112::s0112::s0112: No I am not a geek.

jj

I meet all 3 conditions. I'm a super geek!

Really, my kids have "My dad is a geek" t-shirts.

Ordered my KIO3 Tabs @0100 Saturday after the Friday Tsunami - I got mine before they ran out! Already had a NukAlert, and masks for all in My House. Had a Huge Rack of Stores, Massive Watertank, Plenty Weapons, and Double Plenty Ammo. HAM Radio Op. Genset. UTV. Guess I Qualify.

What do you think might happen to Seattle...terrorist attack, earthquake or Mount Rainer blowing its top?

Mt. Rainier is considered the most dangerous volcano in North America, precisely because of its vicinity to Seattle. While the other threats are a possibility, another eruption of Rainier is a certainty. I'm not sure if the lahar flows would reach Seattle proper, 50 miles away, but the southern/eastern suburbs are in extreme danger.

Keith

Sheepishly raises hand...."over here"! In fact, they are close to expired.....

...anyone else buy enough gas masks for all of the kids on the block? Every darn one. (they've all grown up and moved away now but there's been a couple of replacements show up since :) I causally dropped that fact in front of a couple of the parents that I had purchased an extra gas mask: for their kid...

...but not for them.

<crickets> LOL

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top