JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After an incident last week I'm pondering a "hot" safe to keep a rifle and items ready to go. I already have a larger, "good" safe. This additional safe is primarily to keep items close by, and is needed given the grandchildren.

Anyone have any experiences with the Moulec brand? This safe seems to get good reviews on Amazon for what it is. Ramblings appreciated...
Moulec long-rifle safe, quick access

Mine is a Barksa branded safe, I've had it nearly a decade, so the exact model probably doesn't exist anymore. It cost me around $200, IIRC. It's not super secure and I know I could probably bust it open pretty quick with a grinder or a 4' pry bar, but it's there to keep the smash-and-grabbers away, nothing more.

A Cabelas ad this week had something pretty similar. It's likely made by the same Chinese conglomerate:

The reviews are iffy, but I've never had a problem with the lock on mine. I replace the batteries once a year.

ETA: Bolt it to the floor and wall, it won't go anywhere. Mine is also recessed in a corner on left, where the door opens, and the hinge on the right. It is impossible to get a pry bar into it and put any leverage on the door. I tried, just to make sure.

Last Edited:
Security cabinet mainly to keep the kid out. I upgraded the lock and hid it behind a rustic door.

Next to my side of the bed, gets unlocked at night. 8" 300blk SBR is small enough the wife can use it too.

20210222_113431.jpg 20210222_113410.jpg 20210222_113403.jpg

After an incident last week I'm pondering a "hot" safe to keep a rifle and items ready to go. I already have a larger, "good" safe. This additional safe is primarily to keep items close by, and is needed given the grandchildren.

Anyone have any experiences with the Moulec brand? This safe seems to get good reviews on Amazon for what it is. Ramblings appreciated...
Moulec long-rifle safe, quick access

I like to read the one star reviews before I buy stuff

8 people say that safe sucks :eek:

My dear wife wanted the Big Safe out of the bedroom so we could have more room. In addition to a nightstand pistol box, my AR now resides in an under the bed safe.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews