JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
https://www.koin.com/news/health/co...-in-covid-19-cases-is-overwhelming-hospitals/

So i know we have some folks that work in health care fields and facilities across the PNW.

What are you seeing?

I know the first go around many of these reports were found to be false, partially true, etc etc.
Reinforced with staff able to have enough time to make videos of dancing on the job, videos asking everyone to socially distance, etc etc etc....

I am truly interested in hearing about actual facts from front line folks. Not interested in hyperbole or debate.

We are seeing VERY few "cases" of the china flu. Of the ones we still get most are people who either do not know they have it, as in that was not why they came, or they think they have a case of the "I don't feel good" and breathing seems rough. Only deaths from it, that are super rare, are people that were already in big trouble to begin with. We are having SERIOUS problems with staffing. There is some over the top competition up here in King and Peirce for workers. Employers who can are waving money at the people with experience to woo them and its working. So often when we have "no beds available" it is not that we literally have no beds. Its we do not have the staff we legally have to have on site to put people in those beds. Has zero to do with the china flu. Now getting anyone who "matters" to admit this on the record? Not going to happen.

Oh its soon going to be everywhere. They really are wetting their pants to do another lock down. They just for the most part are not brave enough, yet, to push it that far. Believe me they want to. They will do what the people allow. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? That one worked so well they would love to do it again. Like gun control they are going to take it a little at a time and see how far they can push it and not lose their jobs. :s0092:

My Kaiser was pretty dead when we took the wife there, ER visit for flu like symptoms, not a whole lot going on in that hospital at all. They tested her for Covid, and it was negative. Lots of confused people in the ER with Covid-like symptoms, that probably didn't need to be there, but definitely not "overwhelmed" by any means.

Friend sent me an interesting Covid link at NCRenegade.com. The title of it is misleading, but the six minute monologue from the physician, Dr. Dan Stock, is succinct.

A text transcription of the speech is here: https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3983636/posts

Dr. Stock cited a data drive in his speech. I've only found one link to the material on that drive, and the page has been taken down.

@Reno - was the progression Sore throat -> heavy sinus run -> chest cough ? Three of my kids caught that -- I suspect a summer flu. One got so worried, she had a Covid test administered. Of course, it was negative....

Friend sent me an interesting Covid link at NCRenegade.com. The title of it is misleading, but the six minute monologue from the physician, Dr. Dan Stock, is succinct.

A text transcription of the speech is here: https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3983636/posts

Dr. Stock cited a data drive in his speech. I've only found one link to the material on that drive, and the page has been taken down.

@Reno - was the progression Sore throat -> heavy sinus run -> chest cough ? Three of my kids caught that -- I suspect a summer flu. One got so worried, she had a Covid test administered. Of course, it was negative....
Exactly. I'm still fighting it. Since the wife went to ER we figure myself and the kiddo could just fight it after verifying it was not Covid. I'm past the worst part, but it came back as a sinus infection 2-3 days ago. So I'm still kind of all F'd up. Docs said lots of stuff that normally hits at different times of the year are hitting everyone all at once now that folks are entering back into the world without masks. Which is kind of funny, considering I am so against the masks, but it was true. Because as soon as we started not wearing them in public, this hit us like a truck full of bricks.

Well, last trip to the E.R. found it it full up with Migrants with runny noses, no temp checks, or "Social Distancing" of any kind!! The rest of the hospital seemed about normal, though being a weekend, took about 4 hours to get a room and for a doctor to finally show up to give her two cents worth! Was a very time consuming experience, but then, hospitals run on their own time! I did not see the E.R. full up inside with people suffering the covid, unless it was drunk or car accident related, or wife beating, ect................no covid present while I was there! This is Salem BTW, Litterally 2 blocks from the states capital building!

Wife works at the hospital. They're at capacity and are begging nurses to work additional shifts with double time offerings.

I heard the exact same thing @Alexx1401 said. Staffing shortage, not a "bed" shortage.

FWIW I had surgery at Salem Hospital in June and the hospital was a ghost town. Maybe a handful of patients in my wing.

I heard the exact same thing @Alexx1401 said. Staffing shortage, not a "bed" shortage.

FWIW I had surgery at Salem Hospital in June and the hospital was a ghost town. Maybe a handful of patients in my wing.
Things are different now. Had a doctor appointment the other day and my PCP told me it's next to impossible to get a patient into the hospital. Better not need surgery at the moment. And as I mentioned in another thread, the drive-thru testing lanes at the clinic, which were deserted as recently as last month, were backed up out of the parking lot, into the street, and down the block.

Things are different now. Had a doctor appointment the other day and my PCP told me it's next to impossible to get a patient into the hospital. Better not need surgery at the moment. And as I mentioned in another thread, the drive-thru testing lanes at the clinic, which were deserted as recently as last month, were backed up out of the parking lot, into the street, and down the block.
We are still having the same problem, staff not actual beds. The place is finally kicking loose some real cash to wave them in but its become a bidding war now. Amazing sign on bonuses and such. Even just people with a CNA license are in high demand. RN's with some real experience can offer them selves up and watch places bid for them here.

The DISGUSTING forest fire smoke does not help when it comes to 'sinus issues' and other issues associated with sinus and/or allergies at specific times of the year.

It is rolling back into the valley here.

Take care. Get well soon if you are sick.

Cate

My husband had his full annual medical exam a couple of weeks ago.

The mass media says one thing (LOL) but his doctor for about 28 to 30 years, his very well known hospital in town where he has his lab work done and connected to my husband's doctor, the nurses, reception and lab people said something else when it comes to BEING BUSY and there were NO noticeable crowds or people waiting to be seen.

There are MAJOR STAFFING SHORTAGES in ALL types of professions from a to z and in jobs that require less skills too.

I had a LONG thing to add to this specific TOPIC but decided not to post it when it comes to jobs and people. TOO blunt for some people.

One other thing, my neighbors and MANY other people around here have been severely bothered by this FOREST FIRE SMOKE this year and IT has been going on for MONTHS ON END. And this goes for MT people (Other states too!) who had ALL of those plandemic 'virus' shots and their ANNUAL flu and OTHER yearly SHOTS, wear masks all of the time, older and younger people, people who stay away from other people and ones who do not, etc.

People are sick of THIS SMOKE and I am REALLY SICK OF IT - it is a killer.

This SMOKE - dangerous pollution is more dangerous in so many ways than this so called salami 'flu' when it comes to ALL PARTS of you body. That is a fact.

Throw in all of those issues by wearing masks for a long time (INSIDE any home or building, inside your car -lol and outside ALONE EVEN IN NATURE - lol.) when it comes to sinus, skin, ear, nose, throat, mouth, etc. issues with long term - major issues and not only when it comes to your LUNGS too.

Right now, the stats ALL over the NEWS are showing that people who had ALL OF THOSE SHOTS are getting sick with the 'virus' ONE OR MORE TIMES even ones who had the so called 'virus' before they got the shots but they still got them.

I KNOW ONE MAN who supposedly had the PLANDEMIC FLU, he said it was his sinus but was told another thing, he was home for 2 weeks, his VA said he did NOT have it but the OTHER TESTING PLACE said that he did.

HE HAD ALL OF THE SHOTS because he believed the NEWS, he got them at the VA, he got violently SICK AFTER THE SECOND ONE, SUPER SICK, plus sinus issues way worse, etc. They said his wife had it. SHE HAD NO SYMPTONS but got tested at the OTHER PLACE WITH HIM.

Yet, the CANCER FILLED SIL LIVING WITH THEM, his 2 adult kids, his elderly Dad and more CLOSE family friends DID NOT HAVE IT at all. ADDED MORE HERE.

THIS man is like a nephew to me and is the man coming out to see me soon. Veteran plus at GROUND ZERO on 9/11 - ARMY and later on with the NY ARMY NG before his retirement. He works another job now. He lives across the woods/farm fields from the former house that I built with my late husband many moons ago after Nam time. Back East - GL region. His Dad went to school with my late husband.

AND that news about people getting sick all over again with the 'FLU' is all over the news and not just on Faux Fox or Faux CNN or on some looney tune forums.

Cate

Last Edited:
https://www.koin.com/news/health/co...-in-covid-19-cases-is-overwhelming-hospitals/

So i know we have some folks that work in health care fields and facilities across the PNW.

What are you seeing?

I know the first go around many of these reports were found to be false, partially true, etc etc.
Reinforced with staff able to have enough time to make videos of dancing on the job, videos asking everyone to socially distance, etc etc etc....

I am truly interested in hearing about actual facts from front line folks. Not interested in hyperbole or debate.
NO debate here.

I posted what my husband and other people see HERE in this town and in other parts of MT.

Medical wise... I posted it.

Plus what I see and hear from my friends across the country and one of them will be in Portland, Oregon this week - traveling now. He is from the Great Lakes region.
Plus he travels to the East Coast and not just way down south or around the North Coast.

When he leaves Oregon THIS WEEK - he is not there yet, he will drive to Western Montana, stay here for super short time, layover - get some sleep and continue on with his drive heading east.

He was in NYC - Sloan - Kettering (?) with his wife and his sister in law (SIL = cancer treatments.) TWICE in one month too. AUGUST 2021. So he went from the Great Lakes (Farm/lake super rural area.) to NYC. He wants her to go to Cleveland Clinic since they work with SK in NY on a regular basis. Etc. TOO much to say there and too personal too. The SIL is living in their rural home with his wife and him NOW and has been for a year or more too.

He did NOT see huge crowds of 'virus' patients and he was in all parts of the hospital in NYC not just in one tiny section for the CANCER patients. ADDED more here.

Take care.

Cate

Last Edited:
No opinion, just a couple data points for you:

I have a friend who works at Riverbend in Springfield. We were talking about this maybe a week ago. He said that a month previous there had only been a handful of people in the hospital; now there's over a hundred. He's being asked daily to send any spare equipment to places like Roseburg and Coos Bay because they're inundated with covid patients.

On a national note, I was on a meeting at work, with several regions represented covering most of the country. You know the oxygen that they use in the ventilators in hospitals? We make it. There was a discussion that we're really having a hard time keeping up in some parts of the country because hospital demand is so high.

No opinion, just a couple data points for you:

I have a friend who works at Riverbend in Springfield. We were talking about this maybe a week ago. He said that a month previous there had only been a handful of people in the hospital; now there's over a hundred. He's being asked daily to send any spare equipment to places like Roseburg and Coos Bay because they're inundated with covid patients.

On a national note, I was on a meeting at work, with several regions represented covering most of the country. You know the oxygen that they use in the ventilators in hospitals? We make it. There was a discussion that we're really having a hard time keeping up in some parts of the country because hospital demand is so high.
Ya but, Alex Jones says this is all false!

In Hawaii 2 weeks ago I had a patient in the ER who needed to be hospitalized with a non-covid illness. But there were no beds open in the state. He elected to leave the ER and try to fly the 6 hours to the mainland to find a hospital. He made it as far as one island over before having to call 911. Luckily for him, a patient died and opened up an ICU bed on that island. If he got on the plane he would have died during the flight.

In the ER 200 yards from me right now, they have patients spending their entire hospital stay in the hallway since there are no beds open.

The compounding crisis is that healthcare workers are leaving their jobs in a flood. After a year and a half of having inadequate PPE, inadequate pay and overwhelmed with patients who are yelling at them (that is, until they cant breath anymore) no one wants to do this job anymore. This is after decades of for profit hospitals paying admins and CEO's more and more every year.

Imagine being a nurse for 20 years, being overwhelmed and having a bunch of staff quit or retire early, then the hospital paying a visiting nurse $8000-9000 a week without giving the existing staff a raise.

This is the time to quit smoking. eat healthy, avoid any risky behaviors, etc since if you need to be in the hospital for any reason you may not be getting a bed or even a full team to take care of you.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads