JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Where I work we have had a downward trend of COVID patients right now compared to the last two to three weeks and it was pretty bad. I hope we already hit the peak and hold towards a downward trend.

The shortage of workers is going be tough going at the end of this month when some hospitals and medical facilities start putting unvaccinated employees on unpaid leave until mid October. If employees are either not vaccinated by mid October or if their medical or religious exemptions are not approved then the employee is terminated. Not sure if all healthcare in Oregon is handling it this way, but where I work they are.

I have family members in healthcare who work remotely doing scheduling, etc. They never see patients, but are being told the vaccine policy applies to all regardless of your position and your contact with patients. I will likely be looking for a new job next month myself.

Hospitals are following the mandate that Kate Brown put in place a few weeks ago.

It could just be more of this:

As of this post, several sources, like the one below, have yet to retract the story.
Ivermectin works. Recent peer-reviwed research published in reputable journals:

I'll have to call my friend who works in a hospital and tell him that clearly he's lying to me, that his hospital isn't really full.

Then I'll have to call my company and tell them that they're lying to me about sales numbers for medical oxygen to hospitals in various parts of the country. They're not really triple and quadruple in many places, since it's all a myth.

I don't care about the politics of it. I'm just relaying facts. If we refuse to see the facts just because they don't jive with what we want to believe, then we're no better than the "woke" idiots.

Ivermectin works. Recent peer-reviwed research published in reputable journals:

It does and doctors are being intimidated into not prescribing it. I've hear it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I'll have to call my friend who works in a hospital and tell him that clearly he's lying to me, that his hospital isn't really full.

Then I'll have to call my company and tell them that they're lying to me about sales numbers for medical oxygen to hospitals in various parts of the country. They're not really triple and quadruple in many places, since it's all a myth.

I don't care about the politics of it. I'm just relaying facts. If we refuse to see the facts just because they don't jive with what we want to believe, then we're no better than the "woke" idiots.
I hope your friend and your company takes the news well.

I didn't hear anyone say that your friend's hospital isn't busy or your company isn't selling a lot of oxygen. There's clearly misinformation coming from lots of different directions. You're going to hear stuff you don't like every now and then.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I hear stuff I don't like every day, from both sides, but my not liking something doesn't effect its veracity. We made the decision to be vaccinated ("The jab" for some of you- damn I hate that term) but again, I don't know what to believe. It's done now so we'll find out in the long run I suppose.

You've got "facts" on both sides, all kinds of facts twisted and spun. I have this suspicion that the truth is somewhere in the middle. I just get the feeling that some here are saying that there are no full hospitals anywhere and it's all a big hoax, but like it or not that is factually and demonstrably untrue.

I don't like all the spin, lies, fear-mongering and power grab associated with all this any more than the rest of you, but that doesn't negate the reality of it.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I hear stuff I don't like every day, from both sides, but my not liking something doesn't effect its veracity. We made the decision to be vaccinated ("The jab" for some of you- damn I hate that term) but again, I don't know what to believe. It's done now so we'll find out in the long run I suppose.

You've got "facts" on both sides, all kinds of facts twisted and spun. I have this suspicion that the truth is somewhere in the middle. I just get the feeling that some here are saying that there are no full hospitals anywhere and it's all a big hoax, but like it or not that is factually and demonstrably untrue.

I don't like all the spin, lies, fear-mongering and power grab associated with all this any more than the rest of you, but that doesn't negate the reality of it.

Are hospitals full?

Are hospitals full of virus related patients?

It's not hard to twist the information if the question asked is not complete.
I don't know what the truth is. What I do read is that our seasonal illnesses are all out whack now as well.

Either way. If our critical care system is so delicate that a thousand patients spread across the state puts critical care service in peril. Something is wrong, real wrong.
If there were a major catastrophe we'd be f---ed.

Last Edited:
I didn't hear anyone say that your friend's hospital isn't busy or your company isn't selling a lot of oxygen. There's clearly misinformation coming from lots of different directions. You're going to hear stuff you don't like every now and then.
I understand exactly where he's coming from. You can post factual information based on your personal experience, not taking any side, and some people will react as if you had an agenda.

We have a most joyful, beautiful friend in the county to the south of us. She is nurse and works in Grants Pass. The hospital in which she works has very big problems, much like the one in Roseburg. :(

We have a most joyful, beautiful friend in the county to the south of us. She is nurse and works in Grants Pass. The hospital in which she works has very big problems, much like the one in Roseburg. :(
Second on Roseburg. Wife is a nurse at the hospital, they're full. A bed opens up and it's turned around very quickly with a new patient. She's supposed to have three or four patients at a time, she has ten.

So are the hospitals full of covid patients with covid infections or are they full of the vaccinated going through severe health problems from the vaccine?
Unless you believe that it's a huge conspiracy and cover-up, involving thousands of ordinary people, it's mostly unvaccinated people suffering from covid. You believe whatever you choose to believe.

I know for a FACT that the people I know, numerous at this point, who got SEVERE covid, were all unvaccinated (I asked). The exception was my wife, who was vaccinated, but it was most definitely covid, and not a vaccine reaction. I know many, many more people who are vaccinated, none of who were seriously ill from the vaccine. Another exception- my wife knows of one distant face-book acquaintance who had a serious reaction and was in the hospital, so yes it absolutely can happen, but that's the only one I know of personally.

I don't have an agenda, and I still don't know what to believe, but these things above I know to be true because I know them personally. That's all I can trust very much anymore, the things I see with my eyes and hear with my ears.

It does and doctors are being intimidated into not prescribing it. I've hear it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Horse$hit.

;)

As to the hospitals being stretched, they still are and PDX numbers have gone up over the weekend. If I could by policy or legally take some of you doubters to an ICU to see what's going on first-hand, I would. It's tragic.

That said, the models all point to the start of decline to the hospital system near the end of this week. We'll see how badly an uptick there is from Labor Day, but the modeling has been pretty bang-on accurate thus far.

The older I get, the less I know. When I was young I knew everything. Catch up with me in 30 years- at this rate I won't know anything at all. :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top