JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hornady Suspends Production of 150 Ammo Types and 150 Bullet Types for Balance of 2013 « Daily Bulletin

Dear Hornady Customer:

As you are aware, 2013 has been one of the most challenging years ever in the sporting arms industry. We are proud of the increases in production we have achieved this year, but we are still faced witha demand that exceeds our ability to produce.

In efforts to increase production, we have reviewed everything, refining procedures, adding people, and equipment when possible. One area that will help us produce more: cutting the number of changeovers in our production machinery.

In order to reduce changeovers, we are announceing the temporary suspension of over 150 ammunition items and 150 bullet items, for the balance of 2013.

Attached you will find the list of items that will be suspended. Our plan is to remove the orders for these items from our system, beginning July 10th, and notify you of the cancellations. We will continue to monitor and update this list as the market conditions change.

Our goal is to try to deliver more to every customer, and while this may impact certain categories, our overall delivery should improve.

Pops

I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier when they couldn't make really popular items fast enough. Guess they're still really backlogged.

Sounds like a sound business decision.. produce what sells/is in demand the most.
That's accomplished best by not dicking around changing production runs every five minutes.

I have bought more Hornady bullets than any other brand - I think this will change - when a company that I support no longer provides me the bullets I want then I change vendors. Guess Speer, Sierra and Nosler will be getting my dollars now.

James Ruby

I see that they have suspended pretty much everything I would shoot in my .22K Hornet. That would make me a lot sadder if I wasn't stocked up on both bullets and reloads. Still sucks though.

Our overlords within the multinational conglomerate operating the military industrial complex have ordered hornady to furnish their fascist brainwashed military attack dogs with the ammo they need to round up the dullard masses who have been made completely perfunctory by the fluoride the Jew elite have been pumping into our KY Jelly supply, so they could easily herd us into camps and render us into soylent green so that we won't know they know we know they're watching us.

This is John Connor, and if you are reading this, you are the resistance.

Or the NSA.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR