JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to my eye doc and explained my need. Contacts in, need to see this and that better! We worked together and came up with a prescription for shooting glasses that works well for me. Dominate eye focused at the front sight and other eye at target. At lot of people use two different pescriptions when they can't wear blended or bi-focals. With both eyes open I can see both the sight and target well.
Of course, there is a next step. Training your brain to use the new information correctly. That took some time. But, you can teach an old head new tricks if you want to bad enough.
Ed

Thanks eldbillbo, put that on my list of things to learn more about.

Roger that on the dry eye DoubleTapDrew. I sleep in my contacts (can't bear the idea of waking blind) but the dry eye/focus issue is real. The other big reason I want to get contacts out of my eyes is oxygen deprivation. The latest contacts are far more permeable then the early hard lenses, but still can't be good for someone like me who wears them all the time. I mean, always.

Got the wife on getting the book from her habit, er, I mean the library.

enjr4, now that you mention it I vaguely remember hearing about a special vision case where they did that. Two extremely different prescriptions, one each eye. Had nothing to do with shooting though. How long have you had the glasses and are you comfortable with them? You say you see both sight and target well. So has that improved accuracy?

Thanks again, never imagined I get this much good feedback.

Two extremely different prescriptions, one each eye. Had nothing to do with shooting though. How long have you had the glasses and are you comfortable with them? You say you see both sight and target well. So has that improved accuracy?
I had several pairs like that, once you get adjusted to it they work fine. But my eyes got too bad to do that anymore and then went to the soft lenses.

How long have you had the glasses and are you comfortable with them? You say you see both sight and target well. So has that improved accuracy?

I have been using these glasses for about two years and I like them. They take getting used to. And if you don't shoot with both eyes open now you will need to learn to to get any benefit. And you need to learn to concentrate on using your dominate eye for the sight. In the beginning it is easy to get confused and end up with a fuzzy front sight and two targets.
Ed

There is also a website by the same name which sells the same information. I bought it yesterday for too much money just to "have it now". I'm pretty confident you can get the same information for free at any public library or for around $10 at Powell's, or any other bookstore that carries used books. Anyway, I am a sucker for old home remedies alternative medicine/cures so I will diligently work through the eye exercises and report my results in a months' time. I am naturally skeptical yet hopeful at the same time.

Update:
I said I would update you regarding my progress so here it is. For perspective, my eyes require a lot of correction and I have worn glasses for 50 years.

I have done the exercises for a month + now. Like any physical exercise, it takes diligence and persistence. Like any muscles, eye muscles respond to real exercise. It has produced much better results than I had anticipated. I am now able to function without my glasses for things like mowing the lawn, reading, and generally just about anything not requiring excellent vision. I still need my glasses for good long-range vision and reading fine print... but then I am an old guy so that is pretty normal. I can watch TV without glasses now, and I am reading each evening without them also. I am not wearing them as I type this and frequently work on the computer without glasses now. I could not pass the eye test at DMV and would not drive without my glasses... at least at this point.

Here is what I am finding. After wearing my glasses for awhile, I take them off and my vision is blurry/fuzzy. I do the exercises for about 15 minutes, rest my eyes, and find that my unassisted vision has improved significantly over where it had been before the exercises. I find I can function quite well without glasses for most daily activities. If I wear my glasses again for an hour, my eyes "readjust" to the help of correction. At that point, removing my glasses makes my vision fuzzy again, although the difference is declining over time as I progress with the exercise program. You folks with glasses will understand this better than those with good vision... but then you don't need to be reading this anyway :)

In short, I am pretty amazed at how much improvement I have achieved. I am going to continue with the eye exercises and "see" if the rate of improvement continues. I suspect that those of you with better native vision would benefit even more and possibly get out of wearing your glasses/contacts if you work at it. It is nothing more than strengthening the eye muscles and forcing them to perform as they were designed rather than relying on artificial correction.

the Quiet Man

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top