JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, in another thread, discussions became contentious. I would like to help, not just be a jerk...

Couple stories about things I have been through with gun rights tyranny.

I lived in Southern California a couple times. The last time, '06-'09, I owned a 40 Hi-Power. Just before leaving for Michigan, I had a bolt action Mossberg stuck in 10 day waiting period.
I already owned a handgun. After several weeks I contacted the pawn shop to find out wtf. They said they couldn't release the gun, but I could have my money back. No, I wanted the gun.
A week or so later, I pinned the shop owner down and said....WTF? He told me their pawn license had lapsed about the time I paid for the gun, but the Cool Underworked Nice Tasker in
charge of issuing pawn licenses hated guns and wouldn't sign theirs.
Took over thirty days "10 day waiting period" but I was able to get the gun.

I live in Michigan. We have handgun registration, as well as handgun purchase permits. We also have full-auto, SBR's, and suppressors.
When shall issue became a thing around the country, Michigan was able to get Concealed Pistol Licenses. There were several cases of changes needing to be made to the laws but things
evened out.
At that time, Michigan law said you had to have a "PERMIT" to own a full-auto.......there was NO permit for such in Michigan.
Some smart and enterprising souls determined that, Federally, you needed a tax stamp to own NFA items, and as such, a "TAX STAMP" amounted to nothing more than a permit.
Michigan law said you need a PERMIT....a PERMIT... not a MICHIGAN PERMIT.
Off to the AG they went, and he in fact opined that the Federal Tax Stamp did indeed amount to a permit, AND Michigan law requires a "permit", not a Michigan permit, therefore,
an NFA Tax Stamp was a permit to privately own a full-auto firearm in Michigan. The rest of the NFA soon followed."

The point being, eventually anti-gun aholes can give up, and gun people should never give up. Ever. EVER!

These two "cool stories bro" are intended to give yous guys some, albeit small, hope that your gun culture will not die. I pray that you have victories, large and small, over the commies.

Joe

I have no question this measure will be defeated. Its just going to be a matter of how long it takes
I'm not holding my breath. I-1639 has been on the books for how long now? And what about that gun control that was passed here a couple years ago? Still there too. And how many other states still have massive amounts of gun control despite the USSC and pro-gun lobbying groups?

I think it's here to stay. They've found the "edge" to walk on between blatant obvious infringement and questionable infringement: just make the process of buying a gun as arduous and overbearing as humanely possible and eventually people will stop buying them. They know exactly what they are doing, which is why they are winning.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I think they're going to find a way to keep it on the books. Just follow California and New York's example of not caring because they don't have to....they have the majority Blue voters and the majority will keep it up. Hell, both of those states have found ways of ignoring the USSC. They HATE guns and they aren't interested in our Rights or opinions on the matter.

Sorry, but after 25 years of living West of the Cascades I've become pretty apathetic to it all.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I think they're going to find a way to keep it on the books. Just follow California and New York's example of not caring because they don't have to....they have the majority Blue voters and the majority will keep it up. Hell, both of those states have found ways of ignoring the USSC. They HATE guns and they aren't interested in our Rights or opinions on the matter.

Sorry, but after 25 years of living West of the Cascades I've become pretty apathetic to it all.
It would take a complete change on how votes are applied for a ballot measure to pass.

In my opinion, a measure should only pass if it gathers 51+% of the districts in the state, rather than a simple majority throughout the whole state. The large city population centers are driving policy for the entire state.

It's a problem in WA as well. People on the East side of the state are tired of paying for special infrastructure projects in King county that they will never see or use.

Total defeat? Not so sure of that but imo some of it will be struck down but that is going to be a very long road unfortunately.
Permit might stay after court case

Mag ban? Might have the best chance to see that defeated? We'll see what happens in Colorado? If the CO ban goes down, so probably will all the others if it goes to the SCOTUS - I don't know the makeup/history of the tenth circuit court.

That seems backwards to me; it seems the permit would be the most likely to go - but there it is. But I am not a lawyer or a lobbyist.

Mag ban? Might have the best chance to see that defeated? We'll see what happens in Colorado? If the CO ban goes down, so probably will all the others if it goes to the SCOTUS - I don't know the makeup/history of the tenth circuit court.

That seems backwards to me; it seems the permit would be the most likely to go - but there it is. But I am not a lawyer or a lobbyist.
The entire ballot measure should be overturned, being a multilevel / multi-step measure, against Oregon law...

The entire ballot measure should be overturned, being a multilevel / multi-step measure, against Oregon law...
For years the antis would not challenge 2A straight up. So they used children and now clergy. The Oregon courts and probably Secretary of State should never have allowed it. But they did, which shows how hard the battle will be. California keeps defeating some of their battles but they are so deep in biased courts and weak judges, nothing happens.

Oregon no longer has a Democrat super majority, I believe, so we have that in our favor.

One thing is absolutely for certain. This is being watched eagerly by both sides. It's a pretty good test of the constitution vs everything else so far. If it goes through, watch similar start happening everywhere. If it fails, they will get some tid bits out of it, which might actually be the end game for them. If we win, it sets them back quite a bit as it sets precedence that this sort of thing is vastly unconstitutional.

My understanding is the time the election results are finalized that Oregon goes on winter break. So I know it's not happening fast. This is going to drag on for a long time, or they will remove it quickly and things will go on as per normal until they figure it out.

Fact is, no one truly knows yet as we are living through it.

I have no question this measure will be defeated. Its just going to be a matter of how long it takes
I got word this morning (11/20/2022) that OFF is about to file a suit and motion for injunctive relief to prevent implementation of M114 until its constitutionality can be litigated. OFF is said to be spearheading the suit with the backing of FPC/SAF. Other major organizations are also in the fight (GOA, OOC, NRA-ILA). Almost every point in the measure has already been struck down in federal court in other venues. I'd be surprised if we don't get the injunction, and even more surprised if the measure survives judicial scrutiny intact.

I got word this morning (11/20/2022) that OFF is about to file a suit and motion for injunctive relief to prevent implementation of M114 until its constitutionality can be litigated. OFF is said to be spearheading the suit with the backing of FPC/SAF. Other major organizations are also in the fight (GOA, OOC, NRA-ILA). Almost every point in the measure has already been struck down in federal court in other venues. I'd be surprised if we don't get the injunction, and even more surprised if the measure survives judicial scrutiny intact.

Interesting, it would seem to me that the permit is the easiest thing to strike down, a permit to exercise a right, NO.
High cap mags, well it's only a matter of time and it seems that one is falling apart already elsewhere.
The database, unreasonable search and seizure grounds, you're not doing anything illegally to be put in a database, no one gets put in a database for exercising their right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top