JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two bottles? Hell, after two glasses of GOOD wine I'm fighin' to stay off the floor.

I'm an occasional social drinker, but I'm generally anti-social so…..
NO NO NO NO - I don't want to drink wine no more - it makes me wake up on the floor
No thank you please it maks me fall to my knees and then it makes it hard to find the door

Ringo is a little weed of a man who has bought up most of the available shares of his own hype.

;) :D
LOL, hey he did have some fun in his young days playing off that fame. He was even in some low budget western shot in the style of ones Clint did in Italy. It was amusing and the acting was what you would expect from something very low budget. I saw it when I was a kid and liked it. Watched it again a few years ago and it still did make me laugh. Probably out on the web now days. Called Blind Man. Good for a few laughs

LOL, hey he did have some fun in his young days playing off that fame. He was even in some low budget western shot in the style of ones Clint did in Italy. It was amusing and the acting was what you would expect from something very low budget. I saw it when I was a kid and liked it. Watched it again a few years ago and it still did make me laugh. Probably out on the web now days. Called Blind Man. Good for a few laughs
Then you should watch, "Caveman" from back in 1981….

Back on topic, I had both eyes done in 2009. Still as good as they were after the healing process. However, precision shooting with iron sights just isn't worth the effort as results aren't great. I now use small scopes or red dots. The average cost was about $2,500. each back then. I had mine done at Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute in Tualatin. A first class joint.

Back on topic, I had both eyes done in 2009. Still as good as they were after the healing process. However, precision shooting with iron sights just isn't worth the effort as results aren't great. I now use small scopes or red dots. The average cost was about $2,500. each back then. I had mine done at Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute in Tualatin. A first class joint.
I had mine done by the same group in Salmon Creek - good people

how long did it take you to heal?
they told me to wait a month
I still cant read road signs to drive

I had a cataract develop in one eye. Because of my extremely severe nearsightedness, they had to replace the lens in both eyes.

Kaiser did both replacements, about a week apart. No complications, and within a couple of days after each procedure, I could see clearly. The only drawback is that when I have to get a good, up-close look at something I no longer can just take off my glasses. I have to use a magnifier now. That, and when I read without glasses, my arms are too short!

I had a cataract develop in one eye. Because of my extremely severe nearsightedness, they had to replace the lens in both eyes.

Kaiser did both replacements, about a week apart. No complications, and within a couple of days after each procedure, I could see clearly. The only drawback is that when I have to get a good, up-close look at something I no longer can just take off my glasses. I have to use a magnifier now. That, and when I read without glasses, my arms are too short!
I can see from arms length to 50 yrds clearly after 3 weeks
I can see the sights on my pistols and the target at 35 yrds just fine now
I can read the dashboard of my truck, but not roads signs
I can see an airplane flying overhead, but I can't focus on a target out at 100 yrds yet
I can see the fir trees in my forest, but that's not going to get a 10 ring at 100 yrds with my Garand
they told me to give it a month
each person is different, which is why I started this thread
I will need computer glasses for 18", reading glasses are to limited in focal point
as for fine work on my firearms, I have this nice jewelers headset

in the early '90s, I think it was '92, I shot the NRA 1000 yrd competition at Ft Lewis in the Service Rifle class
I could see the white backing of the target, which i think is 6' across
put my front NM sight of my NM Garand in the center of this white outline and was hitting the 9 ring
GLORY DAYS
it's been downhill since them

I tested my new eyes today - went to Walmart in Woodland
could see from the produce dept down to gardening
could read the labels on all product
could read road signs driving down
can see the Big Screen TV from 2 rooms away
can see my pistol sights and target at 35 yrds
the brightness in my rifle scopes is now outstanding - my Vortex Strike eagle is as bright as my Night Force
CAN'T read a computer screen, but I expected this

I guess this is what one on Medicare would expect from the free basic lenses they get

BUT - I can't see the 10 ring at 100 yrds with a Mosin
can't see through the NM sights on my Garand
cant see the target at 100 yrds over the buckhorn sights on my Marlin 336
can't see Mt St Helens in good focus 30 miles away from my field

when someone tells me they could "see" 2 days after their eye surgery, It"s all relative
I sit outside for hours just focusing my eyes across the valley to the hills in Cowlitz Co
will see if this gets better

rjmt,
It "looks" (pun intended) like your "can see" list is bigger than your "can't" list. Sounds like a pretty good trade-off. I had to get computer specific glasses, but mostly a win-win deal for me. You'll get used to the new eyes and I'm sure you'll be as grateful as I am for the bionic eyes. Best of luck.

rjmt,
It "looks" (pun intended) like your "can see" list is bigger than your "can't" list. Sounds like a pretty good trade-off. I had to get computer specific glasses, but mostly a win-win deal for me. You'll get used to the new eyes and I'm sure you'll be as grateful as I am for the bionic eyes. Best of luck.
one of my simple joys was sitting with coffee in the early morning, looking at the mountains over in Cowlitz Co and snow caped Mt St Helens
I now can't enjoy that early morning view
in another month I'll have to look into distance glasses
hoping to shoot iron sights again was was just vanity, but enjoying the panoramic view of the Lewis River Valley was one reason I moved here 24 years ago

one of my simple joys was sitting with coffee in the early morning, looking at the mountains over in Cowlitz Co and snow caped Mt St Helens
I now can't enjoy that early morning view
in another month I'll have to look into distance glasses
hoping to shoot iron sights again was was just vanity, but enjoying the panoramic view of the Lewis River Valley was one reason I moved here 24 years ago
this used to be my morning coffee view
I'll wait to see if I can ever enjoy it without glasses again

20210529_090312.jpg

this morning we have smoke and a red sun from the Canadian fires
BUT - I was surprised i could see my neighbor walking her dog out at 100 yrds - outstanding!

so I pulled out my Fin M38 which has aperture targets sights on it

HA HA I CAN SEE IRON SIGHTS AGAIN - rear aperture, front target blade and my swinging steel human silhouette at 100 yrds

as we all know aperture sights force your eye to focus on a small area

I kept the blade on the front of the M38, but may put the aperture front sight on also

can't see the rings on an NRA target, but if I can ring steel at 100 yrds, that's all I can ask for

I still wont shoot high power rifles until Aug, but i can see the iron sights

I just woke up and my eyes were this way today

tomorrow, I'll try my Garand with NM sights

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show