JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a great lack of information in that article, as in most cases.

Were these truly fakes or as "clone/cheep knockoffs"? If they are not the legit item and being advertised and sold as such then they need to go down for sure. Example if you take an CAI 93 and try to sell if as a true HK93 and a price to match you are no different.

Now if what they are selling are clones with disclosure they are such with a price to reflect that then I guess I don't understand the problem. Again I can use the same example with the CAI 93. It is a clone and as such they sell for 1/4 the cost.

Regardless of the agency with jurisdiction, the fact that they are doing it is a good thing. You shouldn't have to exhaustively research shapes of screw heads, surface finishes and serial number fonts to know if you are buying a real Kobra or ACOG.

Keith

The worst ones are the Chinese counterfeited foreign parts, especially in the combloc world. For example, there are a lot of outfits selling Chinese counterfeit Russian optics, such as the Kobra. They're almost impossible to tell apart unless you know all of the small details of the various Russian design revisions.

ITS NOT HARD AT ALL, BUT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE COMMON KNOWLEDGE BASED ON THE RESPONSES HERE.

How hard is that to understand?

Keith

Sounds like you and Mark need to TURN YOUR HEARING AIDS UP :)

I at least get that, and don't have much sympathy regarding the Chinese knockoffs. I think there is more to that story,though. Was she importing or was she buying at auction and reselling? How big was the operation to warrant this much attention?

Where my panties do get in a bind is the disproportional amount of force used in the Gibson raids. The pix below are one from each raid. Gibson is not exactly a subversive terror organization. The raid could have probably been pulled off with a search warrant and some hand trucks. Instead, they came in like they thought they were Seal Team 6, traumatized and threatened the employees.

I do have to fess up to a mistake - I was mistaken that the armed portion of the raid used DHS agents. DHS participated - the armed portion was supplied by the FBI.

Who cares who "raided" the seller? (Besides its my understanding Customs is under DHS)

This is a major problem. Especially overseas. I saw these fake acog's, lasers, and rails by the truckload in AFG. The Chicoms can and will conterfeit anything. Trijicon even has a warning of counterfeit goods on their website. To me this is the government actually doing something constructive. Protecting the ligitimate manufacturer and the consumer.

if you think you are going to get a $2000 acog for $300 or some such price you deserve to be ripped off for being that stupid

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews