JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All large companies have similar rules. They were put in place on advise from corporate counsel.
Employee's are not to challenge an attacker or even defend a coworker who is being attacked. Employee's are instructed to run away from all confrontations. The reasoning is that they want as few employees injured as possible. I can understand in retail instructing the employee to let the shoplifter take the merchandise, it is less costly than paying for the employee's injuries.
But is someone is attacking a coworker, or kidnapping a child I am going to try and stop them and I will probably be fired. So be it. The Employer would have an impossible web to negotiate in saying, it is ok to stop one situation, but not another. Too many grey area's for the legal team to negotiate.

Yeah, I have to agree on that one. Way too much effort to shoot the guy.
At least there is two less scumbags to worry about. Silver linings people!

Thread resurrection!
I actually knew that guy, and worked with him at HD for awhile. When he quit, he handed in his resignation on a cake. He was kinda useless, but if a company treated me like they did him I'd be useless on purpose too.
CFF9C82E-E4F7-4B73-8FB4-458D3D15DA22.png

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR