JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
19601373_10155105854569442_3169937872687280973_n.jpg

Consider this the next time you shop at Home Depot

需要安全验证

"The Friday before Mother's Day, I was involved in a kidnapping attempt at my place of work.

A woman had been assaulted and her child had been abducted by a drunk, violent man who was making a quick exit with the child in his arms.

My co-worker and I called the police and followed their directions to follow at a distance to make sure they could find them when the squad care arrived on scene.

Because of the actions of my co-worker and myself, that child was rescued from his abductor and the man was arrested on the spot.

Today, Home Depot terminated my employment.

I was fired for stopping a kidnapper from successfully abducting a child."

I don't recall seeing those "Code Adam" signs on the door... if they have 'em, punishing an employee for stopping a kidnap would make 'em False Advertising.

Either way, unless they make this right I'm taking my business to Lowe's.

Stories like this are often a "problem". The link takes me to someones Facebook page. The letter shows that the initial finding of the State UE is he will get UE. What's left out of all this is just everything. We have the fired employee's version of what happened. He may well be telling the whole truth. He may be telling a "version" he wants you to hear. Even if he was fired wrongly, was it done by one not too smart manager? If so he may well get his job back with back pay. ANY large corporation has it's share of morons working for them. Some times one will rise to the Peter Principal. Problem here is we have absolutely zero info with people claiming that's it for them shopping there. This is on par with reading something in those papers at the store checkout and following what they tell you.

It's worth noting OTOH that I have no expectation of anny need to do business at either store for a while... at least, probably long enough for this to sort out one way or the other, and how it comes down will decide where the dollars go.

I'm skeptical. It's not like they got physically involved. How would they get fired for simply following and giving info.

But if that happened at my work, to hell with my job, I'm putting that dude in the hospital.

That's despicable. I did search to see if this was a hoax because it's so bizarre, but so far nothing. At a minimum everybody should contact Home Depot and tell them why you are taking your business elsewhere.

Anything "on facebook" is a load of garbage. Absolute garbage.

So little truth out there and the same people who claim "Fake News" will stand behind 'articles' on facebook.. articles is in quotes because a post of somebody holds ZERO MERIT in my book.

Edit...nevermind. The letter
looks like it came from the unemployment office.

Yes - I have been down this road myself - not the same reasons, but I was let go from an employer and then I filed for unemployment. The employer contested the benefits because they fire a lot of people from that department (the manager has a high turnover rate - most people don't last a year). I appealed by telling the UI dept. what the manager told me when he gave me an exit interview and the UI dept. side with me and I got the benefits.

My take on this is that this person filed for unemployment, HD contested, he appealed and the letter is from the OR UI dept. telling him that they found he was fired because of his actions in assisting the police and that they find the he is eligible for benefits. A bit of bureaucratic legalese, but there it is.

Could it be fake? Of course it could. But when someone puts up an official looking letter from the State of Oregon I tend to take it at face value. Now if he had just made a post without the letter, then I would ignore it.

That said, I can find no news article about the attempted kidnapping. But then I only googled salem and portland.

I had a family member who was terminated from Home Depot for stopping a thief. I honestly don't know the details but I know it is store policy not to confront a shoplifter. He did in some capacity and was fired for it. He was the store manager, sued Home Depot for wrongful termination and won a fair pile of money.

Not the kind of thing I would have done (just not in my nature to sue someone) but anyway, it happened

shoot, when i worked for GI JOES they trained us to take down dudes that were shoplifting and stuff... like for real take them down... no i wouldn't ever do it because i could have cared less if someone stole from my minimum wage employer... and i didnt wanna get sued or AIDS.

shoot, when i worked for GI JOES they trained us to take down dudes that were shoplifting and stuff... like for real take them down... no i wouldn't ever do it because i could have cared less if someone stole from my minimum wage employer... and i didnt wanna get sued or AIDS.

I worked for GiJoes... Medford store in the mid 90's. It was actually kind of a fun job.

I could point out that while GI Joes was one of my favorite stores for many years they are no longer in business. I doubt their policies had much to do with that but you never know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top