JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought something was a bit...off with that article, so I went back over it.
I find it odd that the quintessential "sawed off shotgun" was left off the list.
Yep, take a look...not one SxS to be seen, anywhere.
Whenever anyone brings up the subject of stubby tubes, a SxS is the first thing that comes to my mind.
Guess I must be getting old...interesting how times change.

Dean

Last Edited:
I thought something was a bit...off with that article, so I went back over it.
I find it odd that the quintessential "sawed off shotgun", the break action SxS, was left off the list.
Whenever anyone brings up the subject of stubby tubes, a SxS is the first thing that comes to my mind.

...interesting how times change...

Dean

Well, if you listen to my dad - the only gun a man needs is a double barrel SxS....

I want one of everything:p

Yep. Wife and I were looking serious at a KSG a few times when they were still in the $1300 range. They have come down more now but this thing is even more tempting to me now. :cool:
I had been on the fence with KSG as well, but didn't like the fact that it ejects casings onto one's wrist/mag selector lever bit. The SRM1216 has traditional side ejection, and other features I preferred like semi-auto and breacher barrel. There's even a less lethal bolt SRM developed that cycles properly with bean bags/rubber slug/ball, and lighter loads. Put one of those in with Aguilla's mini #4 buck shot shells, and you'd be about 25 rounds/mag between reloads...in case you're one that doesn't like to pause a lot:).1216 breaks down like the AR, for easy bolt access/cleaning too. As long as I was dropping over a grand on a shotgun, I went for all my wants on one platform rather than going with KSG and feeling like I'd settled due to budget. No regrets!

We used Federal 00 plated buckshot in the Navy. I was trained by Blackwater contractors, with NSW training protocols and they said that's the only 12 gauge 00 buckshot shell that was up to snuff. Over the years I have followed several capable instructors who train many people each year and see far more training than I do, and they have stayed true to the Federal Premium 00 buckshot, in that it's the only stuff that patterns consistently. The stuff Winchester loads for the gov is not the stuff that Winchester Olin sells at Walmart from what I have read from multiple sources. 00 patterns tighter than most folks realize, and it's not a blunderbuss type shell. Aiming and potentially reloading is a requirement for moving targets. We used shotguns for breaching, and clearing rooms and spaces/compartments on ships. (scary bubblegum considering the plated shot bouncing around the steel p-ways..) This is why the Specops boys and VBSS types use the Mk18 in 5.56Nato, it's more maneuverable and safer with more capability. I sidelined as VBSS, and SAT Leader, also did Coastal Warfare. We used MP5N/SD's, Shotguns, and M9's for VBSS in my time. Overwatch used M14's with IR and M60's. On the land we used M16's/M4's, and MP5's, M9's and Sigs. I worked and carried out numerous missions with Seals who carried MK46 para, M60 para, M4 SOPMODs and MK18's, and Sigs. I carried a MK46 on a mission. I also worked with AUS SAS, DevGru, Delta, and many other allied spec ops.
:D

With zero professional experience as described, I still prefer the Federal 00. So your comments bring a smile. I just like the way they run & pattern. Thank you!

My truck gun is a Cut down 870 Super mag turkey gun I got from a dude who found out the hard way that Turkeys are not an easy bird to hunt and even harder to kill! I changed out the stocks to the original Remmy plastics and cut the barrel to 21 inches and welded on a pig stickin mount plus a breaching device, cause I actually know what it's for and how to use it! Also added a ghost ring rear sight and trit front sight pin from a glock! If I had to choose ONE over all others, the Remmy has the nod over the mossy, no parts to fall out and loose when you take it apart! Mossy I like for the tang safety

Sorry but!!!

:s0122:

:D

With zero professional experience as described, I still prefer the Federal 00. So your comments bring a smile. I just like the way they run & pattern. Thank you!

Not on Jnarowe, but to all who give a poo about defensive shotgun patterns, really? It's close range, shoot it like a rifle! Nothing spreads across a whole room!
I'm not meaning you have to install or use rifle sights, just use the muzzle and aim low. Unless you are clearing Costco the wound is going to be the size of your fist. Tight, even patterns or ragged as my boxers, who cares, he's down!
I do like sights on my HDSG's, in the outside event of fighting outside or clearing Costco! Very unlikely events, though! :)

Last Edited:
Sorry but!!!

:s0122:
CoachGunOpen.jpg
There ya go!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR