JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife recently started shooting pistols. I got her started with a Sig Mosquito which she really likes. But now she wants to move up to centerfire. I mostly shoot 9mm. And I would like to find a range gun for her in the same caliber. Something that will fit her small hands. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've got a Ruger P89 in 9mm,with the hogue style grips. I have small hands and so does my wife hers are a bit smaller than mine and she has no problems shooting it. :s0155:

Kahr CW9 ..... But not hi-cap, nor much of a range gun...... All the double stack 9mm's I have are pretty thick, although I have no problemm with them. I wear a size M in gloves....

I have pretty small mits (for a man) and I fired and carried a Glock 19 for about a decade. I know most people describe them as lightly textured brick, but it was never that bad for me. When I moved from the 2nd to 3rd generation, I was in heaven... :D

I have fairly small hands and realy like HI Powers and my FNP9 I was suprised how well it shot.

+1 for the Hi-powers, I have small hands and I love shooting my fathers.

cb
We will definitely take a look at the Hi Power. I shot one when I was a teen. I will always remember that gun as one of the most accurate pistols I have shot. Which manufacturers are considered the best?

My girlfriend's got pretty tiny hands, the only thing thats come around that she absolutely couldn't handle was a Sig, she found my Glocks pretty comfortable (9mm, and .40)
You might have a look at the Taurus Millennium Pro series, I haven't handled one of the 9mm's but if they slim it as much as the .45 it'd be fantastic, my PT145 felt as slim or slimmer than my 9mm Glock

+1 for Hi-Powers. Pretty much the smallest full-capcity grips, especially if you get the thin Spegel or Navridex aftermarket grips. Standard capacity mags are 13 rounds, but you can get reliable 15-round Mec-Gars as well.

Brownings or FN are considered the best, but for the money I like the FM-branded Argentines.

hi-powers and the cz 75/ witness guns that were modeled after them are very good for short reach and are some of the most comfortable guns out there. the HK p30 has side and back panels that can be swaped for comfort and it fits me well, I don't have the small hands so much as thick palms and short fingers which makes some guns a pain. I also like the sig p228/226 with the aluminum grips and short trigger installed. the new ruger (sr9) seems very thin in the grips for a double stack but the thin poly mag well felt cheap, though i'm sure it is strong and works fine.

i have been working on this same problem with my wife-miss small paws-i have a hi-power fm arg. that i have been trying to sell or trade-to get a smaller grip for my wife-oh !she can handle it , but if she tries to ring off four shots in succession,it gets loose in her hand-i have a walther ppk,but she feels everything feels too small-believe it or not she is sticking with my old norinco 213 . she loves it and its never failed her,and she is quite talented with it at 30ft.were just going to keep looking,and something will com up.we have three ffl's here in town ,and she just stops by occasionally to check things out-she seams to be leaning in the small ruger range right now-good luck!!

steven

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top