JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Internet surveys of...everything - I avoid participating in...

They are a plague.

Every business entity I come into contact with (or so it seems) ask if I'll take a quick survey for their business, irrespective of what it is. Could be the doctor I went to see or the dealership where I bought my truck or a tile company or, or, or, these surveys are endless. A few have worded like I'm one of their employees and 'have to respond' to their survey. In a pigs eye...

NO, I won't respond - so stop asking.

I don't, won't, refuse to participate in these endless survey requests.

Oh, but, it'll help our business to better understand where we can improve - nope it's all lies.

Businesses have an agenda with their surveys, but aren't for the reasons they claim...

Last Edited:
The NRA needs to have a few conventions in the PNW. Generally our own efforts are loose knit and our voices aren't all that powerful within the blue zombie zone. If the NRA were to come in to a venue here, they would not only draw more locals but lots of out of state supporters as well which would result in a strong 2A presence. Instead they go where the fruit is hanging low. So why not the NRA in Oregon or Washington?

I don't understand: "Instead they go where the fruit is hanging low."

Yes, at times, I'm rather slow and this is one of those times...would you be so kind as to elaborate?

Thanks!

Yes, at times, I'm rather slow and this is one of those times...would you be so kind as to elaborate?

Thanks!
I think he meant that IN is a red state and as such draws less protesters and their accompanying ugliness than a dump like Portland or Seattle where angry "protesters" can be pulled with almost the same alacrity as a defensive pistol... they're on EVERY street corner and under every bridge.

It's not just a better aesthetic for the NRA, but it also reduces the strain on the host city's resources and greatly reduces the threats of physical violence and stress that have become the hallmark of unfocused left-wing rage-mobs for the last decade or more. Think about it... would you take your family to an NRA convention in Detroit or Chicago? I wouldn't subject myself nor people I care about to that kind of trash... I don't even go downtown (PDX) anymore.

It's less a matter of low hanging fruit and more a matter of complex regional politics. The NRA wants its convention to be enjoyable for the attendees and free from controversy...

Last Edited:
Internet surveys of...everything - I avoid participating in...

They are a plague.

Every business entity I come into contact with (or so it seems) ask if I'll take a quick survey for their business, irrespective of what it is. Could be the doctor I went to see or the dealership where I bought my truck or a tile company or, or, or, these surveys are endless. A few have worded like I'm one of their employees and 'have to respond' to their survey. In a pigs eye...

NO, I won't respond - so stop asking.

I don't, won't, refuse to participate in these endless survey requests.

Oh, but, it'll help our business to better understand where we can improve - nope it's all lies.

Businesses have an agenda with their surveys, but aren't for the reasons they claim...

You want to improve your business?

Strive to excel at what you do, then "under promise and over deliver"... customers will become loyal and pay you top dollar.

Trust me, I'm in that zone! ;):D

s.,

Are you one of the survey request-ers or do I misunderstand?

As an added note, my wife loves to respond to survey requests and answers with outlandish nonsense that she gets a big kick out of doing.

When requested with things like annual salary range, she'll post sums that are way over the top or under, age, way older or younger...doesn't matter, likes or dislikes are handled with equal aplomb, that is to say, bs...

Thanks!
Just an observation. The progressive left will wiggle they're way into any and every opportunity in cities and local governments across the country and guess what? They get noticed and idiot politicians will validate them and whatever cause they have. So why can't the NRA use the same tactic in Portland, Seattle or San Fran? Instead the NRA goes where the waters are calm. If they started having freedom conferences in the states behind the blue wall then the huge crowds they would draw would start to get blue law makers attention. But no, the NRA goes where there's a safe space.

Couple things:
(a) The paper (IndyStar in this case) seems to think it crazy that hotels don't list firearms policies. The ones that don't are essentially saying 'as long as you're obeying the law, we are fine'. The ones that *do* have policies are usually 'no firearms'. The one in the article is interesting, as it says that if there is one in the room on the nightstand (doesn't say if the owner is present or not), instead of asking the actual occupant about it or just walking back out and saying 'no cleaning done - no towels - call us when your firearm is secured', they go straight to the police. Sure, they shouldn't leave it there unattended, but it's a good way to just rope in LEOs.

(b) As to the NRA going only to red state havens with cooperative city councils/police, I agree that it'd make a real statement if NRA showed up in Seattle, Portland or SFO. However, if you look at how universities (ie. small cities in themselves) have handled conservative speakers showing up, you can see how it'd go down. If you take UC Berkeley for instance, they had full-on riots/property damage, etc. and the police were told to stand down. As many of you who live in the Portland area know - look how the police handle AntiFa. If you had NRA members showing up from Indiana or any other state that isn't on the coastline, they'd be wondering why they can't carry, why the state they're in doesn't honor their permit (WA being an exception) and if AntiFa shows up and assaults one of them with a baseball bat and there's a defensive shooting (as would be proper), look how that'd go. Police would be *told* to stand by watching AntiFa do their thing and hoping it doesn't escalate. Nerves of steel would be required and a lot of 'turning the other cheek'. I don't see it happening. This all assumes the city council wouldn't get rage-riots daily from bored college students showing up and shrieking for how they're siding with white nationalism and child killers for allowing the NRA convention to happen in their city. Any modern city council in the areas in question would fold in less than a week.

The NRA needs to have a few conventions in the PNW. Generally our own efforts are loose knit and our voices aren't all that powerful within the blue zombie zone. If the NRA were to come in to a venue here, they would not only draw more locals but lots of out of state supporters as well which would result in a strong 2A presence. Instead they go where the fruit is hanging low. So why not the NRA in Oregon or Washington?

They had a convention in Seattle some years ago - don't remember the exact year, but certainly over 10 years ago.

Can you imagine them coming to Seattle or Portland today? There would be protests, city leaders wouldn't let them have a venue - probably pass a law against it.

Why so many non-commies continue to live in commie cities puzzles me.

Yeah, I've heard all the weak arguments about why they stay and all I can say is better to sacrifice to live free elsewhere.

We did it.

At this point, many moons ago, we moved out of Houston (another commie city it's turned into...) to rural Texas and have been loving it ever since.

Yes, it cost us a bundle.

Best money we ever spent.

Why so many non-commies continue to live in commie cities puzzles me.

Yeah, I've heard all the weak arguments about why they stay and all I can say is better to sacrifice to live free elsewhere.

We did it.

At this point, many moons ago, we moved out of Houston (another commie city it's turned into...) to rural Texas and have been loving it ever since.

Yes, it cost us a bundle.

Best money we ever spent.

In 1980 I moved from San Diego to La Grande OR. After working in both Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, I'd had it with working in big cities. I could have made a lot more money working in Portland, but city life is NOT how I wanted my life to be. I gave up higher earnings but lived happier than I ever have in the past.

Now I avoid Portland and Seattle like they were plague infested. I keep hearing about people that live there needing to keep their jobs... I can't imagine. But God bless 'em, I don't want them here!!!

Just came in from working outside. I have acreage and it takes my constant effort to keep it pristine. This is a labor of love. I do a lot of mowing with a big, 3 blade deck zero turn, plus hand mowing where a big mower won't fit, fence maintenance, spraying herbicide, and on and on...while 'she who must be obeyed' works the flower beds.

Our back yard has been host to sounders of feral pigs, (I used to shoot and eat em) but had to have my yard fenced to keep em out as they're very, very destructive, possum, coon, coyote, bob cat and others. Can't see this wildlife in the city...

While out there today, I spotted a Rose Breasted Grosbeak at one of our feeders, (among the many birds that visit us) along with a frightening encounter with a big Cottonmouth snake. I haven't seen a Rattler nor Copperhead here, but every Spring I encounter C.M.'s and the quite beautiful, but deadly Coral snake. Coral snakes are very curious critters who I've had come directly at me. Not aggressively with malice, just it seems... curiosity. I almost always re-locate all venomous snakes, rather than kill them. No, not always, but usually...

During the work week it's blissfully quiet here, though on week-ends I often hear gun fire as my neighbors do a 'lot' of shooting to keep up their proficiency. Targets and timed gunfire. Nice. Oh, pistols and AR's along with bolt guns. How do I know? I sometimes join them, but I prefer the ranges at my club.

Won't hear law abiding gun owners practicing in the city, but yeah, maybe some dirtbag shooting.

Commies aggregate in the cities.

Those who love and believe in the U.S. often move out to the country.

Alright, I'll stop. I got old man syndrome...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top