JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Less expensive than the Ruger PC? 🤔

Does not "look" like that will happen. I paid little under $600 out the door for mine not long after they hit the market. Current price today looks like its back up to about that again now for the base model like I have. So I expect this one to start to go for around $800 after they start to catch up. I did get a kick out of the Rep from Henry admitting they had some of the drum mags at the office and had been playing with them in the R&D. When the price drops as they catch up I will be playing with one just because I like the look. For all the "I have no use for this" we will be reading here for the next year or so Henry will be laughing all the way to the bank as this will be a big hit.

About the only negative I've been able to come up with is that the peep sight isn't in the rear tang.

About the only negative I've been able to come up with is that the peep sight isn't in the rear tang.
Not a problem.
Skinner will undoubtedly offer a peep that uses the scope taps and puts the peep at the front edge of the receiver.
The tang area is kept clean for safety manipulation.

Example :
maxresdefault.jpg

Last Edited:
Shame they didn't think to make a brass receiver version…

I thought the same at first with my Ruger (as I am used to peeps on the receivers of my Winchesters), but after just a few shots I found the forward peep to work very well, and it gives me a good sight picture.

Does not "look" like that will happen. I paid little under $600 out the door for mine not long after they hit the market. Current price today looks like its back up to about that again now for the base model like I have. So I expect this one to start to go for around $800 after they start to catch up. I did get a kick out of the Rep from Henry admitting they had some of the drum mags at the office and had been playing with them in the R&D. When the price drops as they catch up I will be playing with one just because I like the look. For all the "I have no use for this" we will be reading here for the next year or so Henry will be laughing all the way to the bank as this will be a big hit.
I concur.
After I posted that comment, I checked the websites.
First off, Henry doesn't even list the Homesteader yet, but I have heard that it will likely list for around $999.
Ruger lists their PC rifle at several price points, but they start at $779.
Doesn't sound like the video's claim that the Henry will be cheaper than the Ruger will end up being true.

I concur.
After I posted that comment, I checked the websites.
First off, Henry doesn't even list the Homesteader yet, but I have heard that it will likely list for around $999.
Ruger lists their PC rifle at several price points, but they start at $779.
Doesn't sound like the video's claim that the Henry will be cheaper than the Ruger will end up being true.
Never paid attention to what the Ruger's MSRP is but today I can buy one for out the door under $600. They would have to really be stretching the Henry MSRP for them to end up even the same price. Not that I will mind one bit if they do end up selling for the same or less than my Ruger. Since I will be buying one the cheaper the better. Only way I will not have one is if there is some kind of big problem when they start to hit the market. For me PCC's are like 1911's. Every damn one I see I want. :D
Since I have a lifetime supply of Glock mags now that is the big selling point for me.

Now it if were also in .45 ACP and took 1911 magazines.....:D
Andy
I would rather have a PCC in .45 acp that took Springfield XD magazines but I wouldn't pass one up that took double stack Glock 45acp magazines.

Even more interesting would be a PCC in .44mag like an old Marlin Deerslayer!

9mm PCC has been pretty much done to death... especially in just another blow back design! Hell, even Hi-Point makes one.

I would rather have a PCC in .45 acp that took Springfield XD magazines but I wouldn't pass one up that took double stack Glock 45acp magazines.

Even more interesting would be a PCC in .44mag like an old Marlin Deerslayer!

9mm PCC has been pretty much done to death... especially in just another blow back design! Hell, even Hi-Point makes one.
I like modularity. IMO Ruger has the right idea with interchangeable mag wells. Let the customer pick, and if they change their platform they can change out mag wells without having to get a whole new gun.

Pretty sure this Henry does the same thing.
And it looks better while doing it.
From what they are saying its the same thing, just swap out adapters. For all the naysayers Henry will laugh all the way to the bank when they hit as it will be a long while till you see them in stores. They will be getting grabbed up as fast as they hit the distributors. I "need" one like I need another 10#'s but I will have one after the price stabilizes. :D

Henry has too many models and not enough production capacity.
IIRC, the Sidegate models were announced in November '21
They are just now trickling in to dealers now, and that's being generous.
Try to find a Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum 20" Sidegate or a .357 Sidegate

Last Edited:
Enviable position for a Co to be in, so many wanting their product that they can't make it fast enough. No idea how Henry does it but I have read Kel-Tec has always done it this way for a reason. The guy failed early on and ever since then has been very careful to not build out to the point they ever really catch up.

Enviable position for a Co to be in, so many wanting their product that they can't make it fast enough. No idea how Henry does it but I have read Kel-Tec has always done it this way for a reason. The guy failed early on and ever since then has been very careful to not build out to the point they ever really catch up.
It is actually a very bad position for a company to be in. They have opened the door for their competition to gain name recognition and market share because they have been unable to meet demand. The inability to meet your market demand disenfranchises your customer base and they move on to other companies able to meet their needs and spend their dollars with them. You are now seeing the entrance of a lot of new players into the lever gun market that would likely have not entered it if Henry had been able to meet the demand. Good for the consumer, bad for Henry.

I love Henry's side gate for quick loading + removable magazine tube rod for quick unloading concept. But yeah, I have yet to see one in the wild yet.

Last Edited:
I own a couple of Keltecs but would probably own several more if they didn't sell for above retail price.

I own a couple of Keltecs but would probably own several more if they didn't sell for above retail price.
Almost every one of his guns I own or have owned I had to either order or just got lucky to run into one. The guy who started it got into making guns long ago and failed a couple times ending up with debt. So this time around he started small, has kept growing but, he always kept the place so he would never get out ahead of it again. Frustrated a lot of people over the years but he knows the pain of going into debt to build out only to end up catching up and then facing how to get rid of staff, pay for loans, all the equipment sitting idle while still being paid for and such. Smart way to do businesses especially when it comes to making firearms. He got a good taste of the Gov telling him he could make something then one day pulling the rug out from under him telling him he could no longer make the item. Then he is stuck with a design and tooling he can't make any more. He learned that lesson and has since then been very careful. Even Ruger when the first "new" PCC hit could not make them fast enough. It was around 6 months till I could find one to order that was not too much over "normal" for my taste. Even they know better than to build a plant so large they can fill all the orders and then end up with stuff sitting idle. Takes a LONG time for that outlay to pay for itself. When they have to lay off workers it costs them a LOT of money too.
When we have these ammo and supplies panic shortages its the same thing. People who make it are smart enough to not slap up another plant or two as they know that as soon as they filled the pipe line the sales would slow and they would be stuck with huge debt for stuff no longer being used. Sadly just the way it is.

Almost every one of his guns I own or have owned I had to either order or just got lucky to run into one. The guy who started it got into making guns long ago and failed a couple times ending up with debt. So this time around he started small, has kept growing but, he always kept the place so he would never get out ahead of it again. Frustrated a lot of people over the years but he knows the pain of going into debt to build out only to end up catching up and then facing how to get rid of staff, pay for loans, all the equipment sitting idle while still being paid for and such. Smart way to do businesses especially when it comes to making firearms. He got a good taste of the Gov telling him he could make something then one day pulling the rug out from under him telling him he could no longer make the item. Then he is stuck with a design and tooling he can't make any more. He learned that lesson and has since then been very careful. Even Ruger when the first "new" PCC hit could not make them fast enough. It was around 6 months till I could find one to order that was not too much over "normal" for my taste. Even they know better than to build a plant so large they can fill all the orders and then end up with stuff sitting idle. Takes a LONG time for that outlay to pay for itself. When they have to lay off workers it costs them a LOT of money too.
When we have these ammo and supplies panic shortages its the same thing. People who make it are smart enough to not slap up another plant or two as they know that as soon as they filled the pipe line the sales would slow and they would be stuck with huge debt for stuff no longer being used. Sadly just the way it is.
One thing that helped KelTec was the P11.
A micro 9 that came out in a time when having a micro 9 was the cool, hip, groovy new fad to be into.
It was one of the smaller examples and it held more ammo than any of the rest of them, plus it was only 3/4 the weight, but most of all, the MSRP was only about $300. WAY cheaper than anything else in its class.
There were some teething issues early on, but the gun was such a hit, its understandable.
It was usurped a couple of years later when Beretta introduced their .32 auto and shifted the market back to that round.
It was such a major shift, that a few years later, it caused Kelgren himself to design and produce his own .32. A gun which has since enjoyed a very enviable track record for reliability, concealability and low cost.
The ol' P11 soldiered on until it was discontinued a few years ago.
These days, the only micro gun Kel Tec makes is the P32.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top