JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Those that wanted a fixed barrel wooden stock Ruger PC Carbine, rejoice, Henry now has one for you.

1673969782662.jpeg

Well so far sounds great. Made to take proprietary mags BUT, with an adapter to take several others including of course Glock. Sounds like someone has learned something. Being a LONG time FANBOY of PCC's this one will of course be a temptation. Looking forward to hearing how they do when they start to hit the market.

THAT is cool! To bad you can't just get it with the suppressor. Instead of having to go through all the hoop-la.

My hopes, this motivates Ruger to make more PCC models.

Sucks an adapter is needed for Glock mags. I get the feeling Henry doesn't sell a lot of mags…figure they'd just pick a competitor's mags as part of the main design and then adapt from there.

Sucks an adapter is needed for Glock mags. I get the feeling Henry doesn't sell a lot of mags…figure they'd just pick a competitor's mags as part of the main design and then adapt from there.
No, that doesn't suck.
It's very smart, actually.

The "adapter" looks like a simple magwell insert. Look for this to be copied, over and over.
So Henry has a carbine that will take their proprietary magazines.....this keeps Henry independent of another company's mags.
YET, they invented adapters to allow the owner to utilize mags already in their inventory.

In a word....genius.

Neat, though admittedly I'm burnt out on 9mm offerings. I'd really like to see some .357 sig/.40 S&w offerings even though they're both fairly unpopular chamberings these days. I'd settle for more .45 ACP/10MM PCCs.

Really do like the classic wood look

Neat, though admittedly I'm burnt out on 9mm offerings. I'd really like to see some .357 sig/.40 S&w offerings even though they're both fairly unpopular chamberings these days. I'd settle for more .45 ACP/10MM PCCs.

I can see this platform transitioning to other chamberings very easily.
9mm was their safest configuration for the roll-out.

I just posted I was done buying guns! Henry, are you going to make me a liar?

Now if this was a lever gun in 9mm (that took Glock mags) instead of a semi auto, I couldn't order it fast enough!

Also, I can see this platform going the way of 10/22 and/or Mini-14 with aftermarket support.
Morphing this walnut and steel design into something that looks nothing like the original.

No, that doesn't suck.
Yes it is - and essentially following Ruger.
I get the feeling Henry doesn't sell a lot of mags…
Well, other than the ones made for their Long Ranger rifles but from an article about this gun, Henry has five- and ten-round proprietary magazines - so they will no doubt sell a few but I suspect most will use Glock mags most likely.

Last Edited:

Same. Another PCC in 9mm is a yawner.

Same. Another PCC in 9mm is a yawner.
Well, maybe so but the wood & blue puts it in class of its own and that will most likely appeal to many who might have wanted a PCC but did not want something 'tacticool' looking or design.

Heck, I didn't, which is why I went for a Ruger and now I want a Henry!

I also like the fixed barrel on it as well.

No, that doesn't suck.

The "adapter" looks like a simple magwell insert. Look for this to be copied, over and over.
So Henry has a carbine that will take their proprietary magazines.....this keeps Henry independent of another company's mags.
YET, they invented adapters to allow the owner to utilize mags already in their inventory.

In a word....genius.
IMHO yes, VERY smart, it is about time more leaned this lesson. When Ruger first announced their new PCC I at first thought it looked "odd". Then when I read why, that they made adapters you drop in to use different mags? It no longer looked odd to me, it looked like "I WANT ONE". My only hold out was waiting for price to drop enough over what it would eventually settle at to pull the trigger on one. Sounds like someone else has learned the lesson of making a PCC that lets the owner chose which mags to use.