JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me that a pump version would be an easy step from the semi
Easy on a rimfire, but not so easy on a center-fire. . On a blowback semi, there are no locking lugs. On a lever or pump, the entire bolt and receiver would have to be modified to incorporate locking lugs. On a few guns, the lever provides the lock. Either way, it would require a lot of not-so-simple engineering.

What is the benefit of having a 9mm with 16" barrel? Is this just a style of firearm thing that makes it attractive to customers?
No, this is a very viable product. A rifle with a minimum-legal barrel length, shooting less expensive and softer recoiling cartridges, at a far greater accuracy range than most pistols or pistol shooters are capable. Like anything else, this type of firearm does not fit all needs. It's great at the range and great for impromptu varmint control. It can be used for smaller game. And it's also a pretty usable defensive arm.

Last Edited:
No, this is a very viable product. A rifle with a minimum-legal barrel length, shooting softly recoiling cartridges, at a far greater accuracy range than most pistol or pistol shooters. Like anything else, this type of firearm does not fit all needs. It's great at the range and great for impromptu varmint control. And it's also a pretty usable defensive arm.
I see the sound moderation and recoil advantages, but no range advantages. Actually there may be disadvantages on that score possibly due to frictional losses. Accuracy advantage if using iron sights sure. It's definitely better to have more choices and a wider range of firearms available to consumers that's for sure.

I see the sound moderation and recoil advantages, but no range advantages. Actually there may be disadvantages on that score possibly due to frictional losses. Accuracy advantage if using iron sights sure. It's definitely better to have more choices and a wider range of firearms available to consumers that's for sure.
9mm holds up well in longer barrels

What is the benefit of having a 9mm with 16" barrel? Is this just a style of firearm thing that makes it attractive to customers?
The PCC is as you can see here not for everyone. I have LONG been a fan of them both for "fun" and for defensive use. Until the net came along I was always interested in the larger caliber, never a 9. Long ago I bought a little 9mm Kel-Tec makes. Originally it was for the Wife for fun at the indoor range since the .40 version of the same gun was just way too much recoil for her. Then I found the ballistics with good ammo was the same as a .357 with a 4inch tube. I started looking at that one in a whole new light for her. Even that one was more than she liked recoil wise so got her one a little heavier she did like. I sold the .40 and kept the 9 for me on the KT. For around the home the short rifles are FAR easier to shoot well than a handgun is. In 9 the ammo is cheap fun as an added bonus. This market has just exploded last couple decades. When the Ruger hit we saw the same people poo pooing the idea. Ruger was laughing all the way to the bank as it took a LONG time for them to catch up. When I ordered mine they had been out for around 6 months. When I went to my shop to tell him it was coming he said he had been trying REAL hard to get his hands on some and could not.

I would say that without question, the average shooter could lay down more accurate fire at say 50-60 yards with this Henry than he could with his 9mm pistol.
This might be important to a farmer that wants to cap that coyote that's been killing his animals.

The PCC is as you can see here not for everyone. I have LONG been a fan of them both for "fun" and for defensive use. Until the net came along I was always interested in the larger caliber, never a 9. Long ago I bought a little 9mm Kel-Tec makes. Originally it was for the Wife for fun at the indoor range since the .40 version of the same gun was just way too much recoil for her. Then I found the ballistics with good ammo was the same as a .357 with a 4inch tube. I started looking at that one in a whole new light for her. Even that one was more than she liked recoil wise so got her one a little heavier she did like. I sold the .40 and kept the 9 for me on the KT. For around the home the short rifles are FAR easier to shoot well than a handgun is. In 9 the ammo is cheap fun as an added bonus. This market has just exploded last couple decades. When the Ruger hit we saw the same people poo pooing the idea. Ruger was laughing all the way to the bank as it took a LONG time for them to catch up. When I ordered mine they had been out for around 6 months. When I went to my shop to tell him it was coming he said he had been trying REAL hard to get his hands on some and could not.
I love PCCs and have many. A 16" version has no attraction to me at all but if other people like it, that's cool. For me I would rather have a soft shooting and shorter mp5 clone for about the same $. But that's why I say it's better to have the maximum number of choices because so much is personal preference. A great cigar to one person might be horrible for the next or vice versa. It's still a great cigar, depending on who is enjoying it.

Last Edited:
I love PCCs and have a lot of them. A 16" version has no attraction to me at all but if other people like it, that's cool. For me I would rather have a soft shooting and shorter mp5 clone for about the same $. But that's why I say it's better to have the maximum number of choices because so much is personal preference. A great cigar to one person might be horrible for the next or vice versa. It's still a great cigar, depending on who is enjoying it.
Sadly my favorite is a no more for me. I built a 9mm AR pistol good while back with a nice brace. That was the best of both worlds for me. Could carry it in my vehicle here, fun as all hell, and great home gun. After what the Feds did I no longer have it. Was not willing to register it so its gone now. Upper is finding a new home. Brace I got rid of and the rest is in parts box. It was so much damn fun it is tempting to paper one but may not ever bother. Sure as hell did love playing with that thing though. I burned a LOT of ammo up with it. Used to get a LOT of long looks at the range with it. Many either wondering if it was "ok" or just wanting one as they watched me playing with it. :D

Look at the bbti data. My pccs with 9mm will make hits on steel at tri counties for 200 yards. Velocity of 9mm out of a pcc is generally significantly higher than out of a pistol.

Sadly my favorite is a no more for me. I built a 9mm AR pistol good while back with a nice brace. That was the best of both worlds for me. Could carry it in my vehicle here, fun as all hell, and great home gun. After what the Feds did I no longer have it. Was not willing to register it so its gone now. Upper is finding a new home. Brace I got rid of and the rest is in parts box. It was so much damn fun it is tempting to paper one but may not ever bother. Sure as hell did love playing with that thing though. I burned a LOT of ammo up with it. Used to get a LOT of long looks at the range with it. Many either wondering if it was "ok" or just wanting one as they watched me playing with it. :D
Yea depending on how you think brace litigation will go it may be a short wait or longer until it's overturned (IMO). Some guns lend themselves to using slings for extra stability instead of the brace so that can be a short term option. I have always found they bump fire best with no brace though ;) .

Worst case scenario is if there is a particular gun you really like with a stock and/or vertical grip you can pay an extra $200 in the future for a non-amnesty stamp after amnesty period expires. My advice is to be patient and see how the legal stuff shakes out in the next 60 days or whatever. A person can apply in the last week of amnesty (ie 100ish days) and still get the free stamp if desired. A lot could happen between now and then. If filed in a favorable court experienced 2A attorneys can rip that bs "law" to shreds pretty easily I think.

Last Edited:
Look at the bbti data. My pccs with 9mm will make hits on steel at tri counties for 200 yards. Velocity of 9mm out of a pcc is generally significantly higher than out of a pistol.
To clarify, I'm not comparing a rifle to a traditional pistol at all. I mean this 16" weapon compared to PCCs with barrels less than 16". The only benefit I see for range is sight distance if using iron sights. Disadvantage of length, bulk etc. but some poeple might want that length and bulk, so again it's personal preference.

To clarify, I'm not comparing a rifle to a traditional pistol at all. I mean compared to PCCs with barrels less than 16". The only benefit I see for range is sight distance if using iron sights. Disadvantage of length, bulk etc. but some poeple might want that length and bulk, so again it's personal preference.
So compared to NFA items? No NFA paperwork and $200 tax stamp and the wait?

Yea depending on how you think brace litigation will go it may be a short wait or longer until it's overturned (IMO). Some guns lend themselves to using slings for extra stability instead of the brace so that can be a short term option. I have always found they bump fire best with no brace though ;) .

Worst case scenario is if there is a particular gun you really like with a stock and/or vertical grip you can pay an extra $200 in the future for a non-amnesty stamp after amnesty period expires. My advice is to be patient and see how the legal stuff shakes out in the next 60 days or whatever. A person can apply in the last week of amnesty (ie 100ish days) and still get the free stamp if desired. A lot could happen between now and then. If filed in a favorable court experienced 2A attorneys can rip that bs "law" to shreds pretty easily I think.
I had played with the thing with a single point sling and the brace off. It was still quite useful. When this crap came down I did not want to even play to I got rid of the brace. Bought one of those foam pads to go over the buffer but got nervous about that as I have other stocks here that would slip right on that tube. So thought about ordering another buffer but just decided I have had enough for now and offered up the 7 inch upper here. If some day we can have these I will just make another one. A supporting member is getting the 7inch upper. I have little faith anymore that this is going to get better before it gets worse. Just too many gun owners who refuse to lift a finger to fight. Damn little gun was a ton of fun while it lasted though and dead simple to build another if we ever are allowed. Building that thing was a lot of fun too. If they ever do allow them building another will be a blast. Until I did that one I had no clue just how damn easy it was or how satisfying it would be when I took it to the range the first time and it WORKED! :D

Easy on a rimfire, but not so easy on a center-fire. . On a blowback semi, there are no locking lugs. On a lever or pump, the entire bolt and receiver would have to be modified to incorporate locking lugs. On a few guns, the lever provides the lock. Either way, it would require a lot of not-so-simple engineering.
Use the same bolt head as the CMMG Radial Delayed Blowback 9mm bolt head, and the matching barrel without gas hole... actually, the whole AR9 CMMG bolt carrier group; but instead of the typical AR style gas key; a rod is threaded into it, and you have a pump handle much similar to this but with rod at top? 13088.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top