JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing that helped KelTec was the P11.
A micro 9 that came out in a time when having a micro 9 was the cool, hip, groovy new fad to be into.
It was one of the smaller examples and it held more ammo than any of the rest of them, plus it was only 3/4 the weight, but most of all, the MSRP was only about $300. WAY cheaper than anything else in its class.
There were some teething issues early on, but the gun was such a hit, its understandable.
It was usurped a couple of years later when Beretta introduced their .32 auto and shifted the market back to that round.
It was such a major shift, that a few years later, it caused Kelgren himself to design and produce his own .32. A gun which has since enjoyed a very enviable track record for reliability, concealability and low cost.
The ol' P11 soldiered on until it was discontinued a few years ago.
These days, the only micro gun Kel Tec makes is the P32.
P-11 was the first of his I tried. Always have had a 5 shot, light weight 38 for "coat pocket" carry. Last one went with kid who was striking out on her own and I went to buy another. They did not have one there and sales guy was showing me a P-11. I was skeptical as it was around $200, which was less than the .38 I wanted. He assured me they worked. That was over couple decades back and I still have that and still carry it often for around the property carry. I had wanted a Seecamp .32 for a long time. Back then you had two choices. Get on a waiting list for a year or better, or pay MUCH more to get one someone had. Several times at a show when I was flush I almost bought one. I kept reading horror stories of how the owner treated people who got a problem gun and it kept me from pulling the trigger on one. When KT announced the P32 I got on a waiting list for one at the same shop I bought the P-11 from. Weeks later when it was my turn I took it back into the range and after a couple boxes of ammo was back out front getting on the wait list again for another as Wife wanted that one. Later got the .380 version when one day I made the mistake of asking to see one in the case. :D Still have one of the .32's after all these years. George comes up with some interesting idea's that often seem to lead the way for others.

There must be some reason no one has done a 9mm levergun.
Maybe the short cartridge presents feeding problems ?
Maybe without a pronounced rim that becomes the big hinderance? Thinking of my HenryX, Rossi and regular Henry's loading style from tube to chamber.

Maybe without a pronounced rim that becomes the big hinderance? Thinking of my HenryX, Rossi and regular Henry's loading style from tube to chamber.
Rimless cartridges have been done in a levergun, so I don't think it's that.
Someone above mentioned 9mm in a tube-fed gun would be dangerous.
A tube-fed cartridge needs to sport flat nose, soft lead bullets to minimize the chance of a magazine detonation.
9mm cartridges can't meet that criteria, so a 9mm levergun would have to be mag fed.

Rimless cartridges have been done in a levergun, so I don't think it's that.
Someone above mentioned 9mm in a tube-fed gun would be dangerous.
A tube-fed cartridge needs to sport flat nose, soft lead bullets to minimize the chance of a magazine detonation.
9mm cartridges can't meet that criteria, so a 9mm levergun would have to be mag fed.
Not that I can recall ever seeing a 9mm loaded with pointy bullets, but a mag fed lever would be easy to do, since it's already been featured as an option to a very popular action.
Anyone remember the Ruger 96?
Lever version of the 10/22.
Wouldn't be too difficult to re-engineer to fit a 9mm, since that receiver was originally designed to handle .44 mag (in fact, the article I linked to does say there was a 96/44).

Not that I can recall ever seeing a 9mm loaded with pointy bullets, but a mag fed lever would be easy to do, since it's already been featured as an option to a very popular action.
Anyone remember the Ruger 96?
Lever version of the 10/22.
Wouldn't be too difficult to re-engineer to fit a 9mm, since that receiver was originally designed to handle .44 mag (in fact, the article I linked to does say there was a 96/44).
They don't have to be pointy, just rounded, hardball ammo.
I think it's Fiocchi that has a "pointy" radius, not a gentle curve.
Tube fed 9mm ?
Nope, ain't gonna happen.

The Henry Homesteader is just what I've wanted for a long time, but I saw one video which showed some failures (whether FTF or FTE I can't remember) and that makes me hesitate. Also I held one of the Homesteaders and the wood did not impress me at all; it was kind of ugly. I might wait for a Gen 2 version of the Homesteader since I already have a Ruger PC Carbine to play with.

The Henry Homesteader is just what I've wanted for a long time, but I saw one video which showed some failures (whether FTF or FTE I can't remember) and that makes me hesitate. Also I held one of the Homesteaders and the wood did not impress me at all; it was kind of ugly. I might wait for a Gen 2 version of the Homesteader since I already have a Ruger PC Carbine to play with.
I don't think the Henry will out perform the Ruger you already own. The Ruger is pretty hard to beat in the "traditional-ish" or Non-AR based PCC world in my opinion. I don't think Henry is a Gen 2 type company. If anything they might be more like Sig, the product will stay the same, but reliability tweaks will go on in the background. I have only watched a handful of videos on these and one or two bigger YouTube channels did have issues. I want to say they were all with the factory magazine. All the smaller channels are usually using the Glock mags one and it seems to like that mag more?!?

Are you sure? Are you talking another state not WA? These should not be for sale here in WA unless we can beat that latest law they passed making them a no go for us.
:s0110::s0002:
OOPS, sorry, you are correct.
I just checked again, to make sure the location wasn't set for somewhere else and that's when I noticed the This product is restricted in this area notice.
Apologies to the board for my mistake.
Still getting used to that stupid law.
However, my statement about getting the Sauer rifle in 8mm for only another $20 still holds true.

:s0110::s0002:
OOPS, sorry, you are correct.
I just checked again, to make sure the location wasn't set for somewhere else and that's when I noticed the This product is restricted in this area notice.
Apologies to the board for my mistake.
Still getting used to that stupid law.
However, my statement about getting the Sauer rifle in 8mm for only another $20 still holds true.
Good thing ya'll are that much safer now. o_O

I like it. Smaller overall package than a 16" AR 9mm or HK94, especially vertically. Firing 9mm it should stay on target about as well as an in-line design like an AR, so no real reason not to choose it over a military looking 16" rifle for defense or action shooting. It could be mistaken at first glance for a non-semiauto, which is sometimes nice. And it looks like a classic firearm, rather than a nightmare of plastic and matte black paint.

9mm is a pretty useful cartridge, and about the most cost efficient.

Hopefully a threadless model is on the way for WA.

I like it. Smaller overall package than a 16" AR 9mm or HK94, especially vertically. Firing 9mm it should stay on target about as well as an in-line design like an AR, so no real reason not to choose it over a military looking 16" rifle for defense or action shooting. It could be mistaken at first glance for a non-semiauto, which is sometimes nice. And it looks like a classic firearm, rather than a nightmare of plastic and matte black paint.

9mm is a pretty useful cartridge, and about the most cost efficient.

Hopefully a threadless model is on the way for WA.
If they do come out with one that we can buy here I will be in line for one. Have enough stuff that's can ready so it would not bother me a bit to not have the threads. I have LONG been a PCC big time fan though. A lot of people have no use for them but last couple decades this market has really taken off.

If they do come out with one that we can buy here I will be in line for one. Have enough stuff that's can ready so it would not bother me a bit to not have the threads. I have LONG been a PCC big time fan though. A lot of people have no use for them but last couple decades this market has really taken off.
I think the main problem with the Ruger is that it is so homely. It neither manages to look like a classic rifle or a "tactical" firearm.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top