JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun companies can't seem to make enough of their current offerings to fill LGS shelves, but they can bring out new models in small quantities. Ammo companies can't keep up with demand for their current cartridge offerings, but they keep introducing new cartridges.

I stopped by the local Sportsmans for three more Berry's plastic cartridge boxes, and noticed they had ONE rifle or shotgun on each rack. After several years of ammo and reloading component shortages, and the US no longer in a major shooting war, we still have half empty shelves. :(

I've got a 9mm Ruger PCC that a grandson loves, but it's still heavy, ugly and not available in 10mm or .45acp.

If this was a lever gun I would be excited but hard to get excited about another semi-auto 9mm carbine that is going to look really goofy with standard capacity magazines hanging out the bottom of it and way to long for a 9mm carbine. Any 9mm semi auto is judged against the HK MP5 for me as the gold standard for the last 60 years and this does not meet or offer a compelling alternative to that bar.

So what chambering is next ?
My Internet Guess is 45ACP
Then 10mm Auto
I keep both hoping they do and hoping they do not offer the Ruger in 10mm. Reason is if they do I will be buying one. The PCC's are certainly not for everyone but they are my cup of tea and always have been. Last couple decades this market has just exploded. While I "need" another 9mm PCC about like I need another piece of cake I have no doubt I will end up with one of these new ones to add to the collection. :D

Gun companies can't seem to make enough of their current offerings to fill LGS shelves, but they can bring out new models in small quantities. Ammo companies can't keep up with demand for their current cartridge offerings, but they keep introducing new cartridges.

I stopped by the local Sportsmans for three more Berry's plastic cartridge boxes, and noticed they had ONE rifle or shotgun on each rack. After several years of ammo and reloading component shortages, and the US no longer in a major shooting war, we still have half empty shelves. :(

I've got a 9mm Ruger PCC that a grandson loves, but it's still heavy, ugly and not available in 10mm or .45acp.
This!

~~~

The COMPANIES aka THE FIREARM/AMMUNITION INDUSTRY can't get their act together for guns, ammunition, reloading supplies, etc. and they have time to design and produce ANOTHER gun when the guns that many people WANT TO BUY don't get made. I have been told this by many GUN people and NOT just by some people in the industry (PAST YEARS.) and by FFL dealers.

Plus many firearm companies make up more AND strange to ME and many OTHER PEOPLE firearm calibers in cartridges that most people don't give a rat's @@@ about. I do realize that is NOT a popular opinion too! Oh well.

To each their own - no offense to any person here.

Yes, 9mm is a POPULAR and a good caliber - been there - done that when I still shot handguns in 9mm (Glock 19.) and in several OTHER styles, brands and calibers.

Same with my MT husband in the past too.

I could see a LEVER ACTION RIFLE made in a 9mm or 45acp and I have mentioned that a LONG time ago on other forums and maybe here (?) in the past too.

I am NOT IMPRESSED by this HENRY RIFLE.

If many of you do like it - NO problem.

And in fact, I do BELIEVE and have said many times to some people here (ON this forum.} on the tellie and online (IN other places too!) that I believe that HENRY has made too many designs of x, y and z in firearms AND that they got AWAY from their BASIC DESIGNS and caliber offerings.

That is one reason why they have had some ISSUES with some of their rifles and shotguns in my opinion. I gather that THOSE ISSUES were resolved from what I have read online.

DISCLAIMER: We have NEVER ever had any issues with ANY Henry rifle that we owned in the past.

My MT husband and I owned several of them over the years in 22lr, 22wmr, 357Magnum, 30-30 Winchester and 45-70 Government calibers.

I do BELIEVE that HENRY is a GOOD company and we loved what Henry rifles we had in various calibers. CLASSIC DESIGNS - like some in MADE IN CT Marlin, Winchester, Browning, etc. rifles. Former firearms.

My husband still owns and shoots his Made in CT MARLIN LEVER ACTION RIFLES in 30-30 Winchester and 45-70 Government.

He owns more bolt action rifles NOW. CZ, Ruger and Classic Remington right now but before he owned a boat load of lever action rifles in his life along WITH his bolt action rifles. He previously owned several semi automatic rifles too.

BOLT action and LEVER action rifles were ALWAYS HIS TOP FAVORITE STYLES in several brands.

I just can't see that HENRY rifle at all. To each their own! NO offense.

It is like when MARLIN or now RUGER - UNDER THE NEW NAME made a LEVER ACTION RIFLE and they made it work for a silencer or suppressor or WHATEVER you choose to call IT.

To me that looks OUT of place and it ruins a CLASSIC DESIGN.

Plus having to PAY EXTRA MONEY for hearing protection is just plain wrong - it should be FREE (NO extra .gov fees!) to those people who CHOOSE TO USE SUCH THINGS.

Gee, I thought that TRUMP was going to do that HEARING PROTECTION DEAL for GUN PEOPLE and a national CCW deal. Among many other things, eh?! LOL - we got more red flag laws and other bs in even MANY RED STATES plus in some purple states when it came to gun crapola.

I guess if this HENRY rifle is a semi automatic design - at least it is not one more TAC-TI-COOL rifle that so many people LUST AFTER. NOT me. So it has a wood stock = cool. But they should have made it into a LEVER ACTION 9mm rifle.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
As others here have mentioned...
A Henry lever gun offered in pistol cartridges would be fun.
A line up of such with both wood and synthetic stocks...peep sights , rails ...threaded barrels.....
Could be a good seller for them.
Andy

I am keen on pistol-cartridge carbines. That said, I've probably got enough of them. If I didn't, then this Henry offering could be good competition to the Ruger offerings, especially.

In the meantime, I'm short of a couple lever guns. Guns that could be produced by Ruger/Marlin, or by Henry repeating arms. But alas, instead of filling the huge shortage of lever guns, both of these companies insist on releasing newer guns. o_O

I would definitely love to see a mag-fed lever gun in 9mm with the ability to convert to the user's preference of magazine. Good on henry for putting this out there, just hope they follow it up with a lever version. And if they do one in 45, I will definitely be buying it. Lever-action 45 ACP that takes 1911 mags, has a top rail for optics, and is threaded for a suppressor... ohhh yeah!

No. Make it a bolt or lever so we can run real quiet subs or don't make one at all and make sure it's Glock mag patterned.

Come on Bill Ruger… look at the industry.

Generally speaking, a 9mm mag sticking out of a rifle looks odd to me (Ruger's 9mm looks like you put in the wrong mag ).
Personally, I think Henry should have made a side-gate lever action 9mm.

You can't make everyone happy, but you have to make a majority happy with a new product.
I think Henry hit a wide swath of check boxes with this.

ETA:
There must be some reason no one has done a 9mm levergun.
Maybe the short cartridge presents feeding problems ?

Personally, I wouldn't want little semi-pointy bullets lined up, bullet to primer, in a tubular magazine.

I know a 9mm does not generate much recoil, but other factors could jar a rifle enough to chance primer detonation by a bullet pressed up against it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top