JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to get my first ak47. I have a xds 9mm, Glock 17 gen4, and a AR15 already. I was really thinking about getting an ak pistol with arm brace or just a regular ak47 a rifle. Just not sure. I am not sure what ak's they are. The rifle is 500 and is not a wasr and the pistol without the brace is 500. I really like the ak with the arm brace. It is actually really comfortable "shouldering" it for e even being 6"8.

I am looking to get my first ak47. I have a xds 9mm, Glock 17 gen4, and a AR15 already. I was really thinking about getting an ak pistol with arm brace or just a regular ak47 a rifle. Just not sure. I am not sure what ak's they are. The rifle is 500 and is not a wasr and the pistol without the brace is 500. I really like the ak with the arm brace. It is actually really comfortable "shouldering" it for e even being 6"8.

Can't really give you an opinion if we don't know what model of AK you're looking at. "Not a WASR" is a good start, but that still leaves many possibilities.

I will have to find more details of both when I can. I am looking for any info as to weather going with the brace is worth it or not. It felt great at the shop but that is not the range. The biggest issue I have is length of pull has to be kind of long.

I will have to find more details of both when I can. I am looking for any info as to weather going with the brace is worth it or not. It felt great at the shop but that is not the range. The biggest issue I have is length of pull has to be kind of long.

LOP is going to be pretty short on a pistol with the brace, but it's not especially long on a standard AK to begin with either. If you like a long LOP you'll probably be disappointed with a brace-equipped pistol fired from the shoulder.

LOP is going to be pretty short on a pistol with the brace, but it's not especially long on a standard AK to begin with either. If you like a long LOP you'll probably be disappointed with a brace-equipped pistol fired from the shoulder.
Yeah, I Shouldered the pistol and it felt pretty good, the big issue at least with ar pistols is that rear sight is so close to the end. it is nice with the ak. Just not sure if it is worth it to get the ak pistol or ak rifle. I would do a ar pistol, but the only place that has anything that would work is curts discount shooter supply with the odin works buffer tube that puts the brace in a better spot for me.

I guess my question is, "What do you intend to use it for?".

Pistol in 7.62x39 - too much penetration in my neighborhood but otherwise it's a great close quarters weapon. bubblegumty accuracy if your looking to shoot something more then 75-100 yards away.

Rifle - side folders available, still too much penetration for me, accurate out past 100 yards. More LOP and easier to add length.

Idk - I like the pistols but they do not fit my defensive needs. Fun toys for sure.

The NPAP is a good rifle. You'll read about the ones from a couple years ago having a single stack bolt and resultant feeding problems, but the new ones have an improved bolt. The Draco is always a good choice too. I'd probably go for the rifle, but that's just me.

Sounds like a rifle would be the best option.

You can hunt with it. Scare people away as your buggin home (size matters there to most folk). Deffend yourself from threats that may be AR's from much further away. If it's a truck gun and your not putting it in the glove box, a rifle will serve you better in all regards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top