JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're right, anyone who counsels buying a new rifle is always right, BUT…

If anything, I'm trying to go the other way on my rifle inventory. Heresy, I know, but after losing my dad 4 years ago I realized how little I really need. If I have rifles that I haven't fired in years, why keep them? There's some guy out there who would shoot the heck out of my safe queens.

And before you say shoot more, I already do, just with different loads.

P
You make good points. Ones that weren't realized at the beginning of the thread. I lost my dad 3 1/3 years ago and ended up with his collection. I did sell off some of his guns, but only the new modern ones he either hadn't fired or barely fired and I had no interest in (Shield EZ as example). Anything that had any type of history to it was kept. But alas, my safe is bursting at the seams. I get it for sure.

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Pushin' 'em faster won't make them spin at a faster rate, they'll still only do 1 rotation every 10 inches, they'll just cover that 10" a little quicker.
Actually a higher velocity does slightly increase bullet RPMs, and that's what stabilizes the bullet . I think it would take a BIG jump in FPS to gain enough RPMs to stabilize the long bullets, but if the loads being used aren't quite max, it might have a positive effect. "Might" is the key word.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top