JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

10/22 Carbine or Sporter

• Carbine

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Sporter

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Both

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Mannlicher

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The carbines can be found for dirt cheap at near any gun shop in America. Good enough reason for me to buy one (and I did, just for funsies)

Having owned too many, currently two.

My vote goes to the Thompson Center TCR 22. I picked one up a few months ago, and it is a refined 10-22 if you ask me. I guess this goes into the Carbine vote?

1566600872841.jpeg

The 10/22 in its "International" guise is the only version that I like so...
The "Mannlicher" style stock got my vote.

But which one does she like...that's the one to get...
Andy
She just likes the 22lr. I might be able to swing another MK4 out of this one because my Hunter model has like a 1.5# trigger on the scale.

IMHO....start with the carbine and turn it into most anything you want it to be. Budget beings a factor. I just add to the "project" as I have the extra money to spend on it.:(

This.....
Rugers-001.jpg

Could become?
GEDC1134-1.jpg
Copy-of-GEDC1138-1-1.jpg
IMG-0654.jpg

Or even become a 17 Mach 2. (Actually, I bought this one.)
Ruger-10-22-covt-17-HM2.png

Of course, it's up to you, on how you want to proceed.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'm sure it's just me but my 10/22 turns into a jamomatic after a couple hundred rounds. The MP15-22, on the other hand, never misses a beat no matter how filthy she gets.

Thank you all for the votes and replies! I've decided to get the Kidd Supergrade barreled action, and drop it into a Titan stock.

Thank you all for the votes and replies! I've decided to get the Kidd Supergrade barreled action, and drop it into a Titan stock.
Good choice! Kidd makes amazing stuff. Their triggers are hands down the best available for the 10/22 platform.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top